PDA

View Full Version : BMH----how can we GUU help you? thank you

jonincleve
06-06-2009, 07:40 AM
brian, i was just looking over the board and saw a bunch of BMH can you help me threads. in the back of my mind i was thinking here is an owner? of a major company finding out information for a game used collecting website. you rarely see that from a company now a days.

first off i personally would like to say THANK YOU FOR THE TIME AND EFFORT. you helping out this group of collector has not gone unnoticed by this collector. your knowledge and insight is very valuable and entertaining. i liked your spring training photos.

my second thing, is there any thing we can do for you? make a donation to you favorite charity, eat a burger at hooters in your honor? etc... kinda like the 'free car wash' fundraisers, technically it is free but please make a donation. you could set up a paypal account, we ask for information and then can make a donation into the paypal account with the proceeds going to charity. win-win, game used collectors get information and louisville slugger can make a donation to charity. soem possible charities could be the arod steriod rehab facility, the tribe and cubs world series victory parade fund, etc.... or in all seriousness your local rbi program or donate funds to st jude's etc.... whatever your choosing.

oh and by the way do you have a list of every model bat all the cleveland indians have used in the past? i am going for a master collection :)

just some ideas

brian thank you for the effort
john

jonincleve@sbcglobal.net

thrush29
06-06-2009, 10:01 AM
I second that, great idea!

ndevlin
06-06-2009, 10:13 AM
No joke! There are times when I see all the threads and I feel bad for Brian. I think sometimes people can abuse it, especially with 5 follow up questions. Then asking about a bat every week.

halofan
06-06-2009, 10:25 AM
I've wanted to ask Brian a couple of questions awhile back, but I saw all the "Brian Help me threads" I didn't want to push it or look dumb with my questions. I have to say it is amazing that Brian comes on here and helps a collector out when he does not have to.

Billy
Halofan1527@yahoo.com

tigerdale
06-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Great thread...I appreciate Brians time so much...what great information we receive from him!!! THANK YOU!!!!

camarokids
06-06-2009, 11:21 AM
No joke! There are times when I see all the threads and I feel bad for Brian. I think sometimes people can abuse it, especially with 5 follow up questions. Then asking about a bat every week.

I agree with all the posts in this thread.

The above quote from Nate is why I have only asked Brian about a certain bat twice.

We are truly lucky Brian is on this forum. No one else in the world could answer the questions that he does.

Thank you very much Brian!!!!

The GUU MVP by far!

Brian, I do have an excellent idea for a book.

spartakid
06-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Thanks for all you contribute Brian, even when I'm not the one asking the question, I still enjoy reading your answers. Like was said earlier, we really appreciate it because you certainly don't have to be doing it. Ricardo

ChrisCavalier
06-06-2009, 11:41 AM
brian, i was just looking over the board and saw a bunch of BMH can you help me threads. in the back of my mind i was thinking here is an owner? of a major company finding out information for a game used collecting website. you rarely see that from a company now a days.

first off i personally would like to say THANK YOU FOR THE TIME AND EFFORT. you helping out this group of collector has not gone unnoticed by this collector. your knowledge and insight is very valuable and entertaining. i liked your spring training photos.

my second thing, is there any thing we can do for you? make a donation to you favorite charity.....you could set up a paypal account, we ask for information and then can make a donation into the paypal account with the proceeds going to charity. win-win, game used collectors get information and louisville slugger can make a donation to charity.....your local rbi program or donate funds to st jude's etc.... whatever your choosing....

brian thank you for the effort
john

jonincleve@sbcglobal.net
Personally, I think this is a fantastic idea and I would personally make a donation as well. While I believe Brian participates on this forum simply to help collectors, the amount of time and effort he spends answering questions deserves something in return. As per John's post, I am sure there is some cause or effort that Louisville Slugger contributes to that those of us at GUU can make a donation to on Brian's behalf.

Brian, if you could let us know what cause we can help with, GUU will coordinate a member-wide effort for those wanting to contribute and make sure this comes into fruition.

Thanks again for all you do and we hope you will accept our gesture as a small token of appreciation for all you do to help everyone on this site.

Vintagedeputy
06-06-2009, 03:06 PM
I suggested in the past, maybe a "Ask BMH" forum. Whenever Brian has time, he could respond to a group of questions without it clogging up the other forums and having the questions come from all directions.

BMH
06-06-2009, 03:40 PM
I must have stared at the screen for thirty minutes before I could figure out what to type. I am honored that you all are willing to do this but a simple "thanks" is all I need. I don't really donate to charities except the VA and a local children's home. I'll give it some thought though, my wife does work for Hospice of Louisville (under a different name now) and I know they accept donations. I'll get back on that one.

As for the Indian's records...I don't think I have that much time, that would be a very large list:D

70to66
06-06-2009, 03:56 PM
BMH, will you be at the All Star Game in St. Louis? I'm going to be there for four days and wanted to meet you and thank you for all you have done for the site. If you are going to be there where will you be set up? Thanks
70to66

BMH
06-06-2009, 04:17 PM
I will not be making this year's FanFest. My best friend decided July 11th would be a good day to get married.

ChrisCavalier
06-06-2009, 05:20 PM
I must have stared at the screen for thirty minutes before I could figure out what to type. I am honored that you all are willing to do this but a simple "thanks" is all I need. I don't really donate to charities except the VA and a local children's home. I'll give it some thought though, my wife does work for Hospice of Louisville (under a different name now) and I know they accept donations. I'll get back on that one.
Brian, please let us know and we will coordinate making a donation in your name. We actually feel honored to have you as part of the forum and can't say enough how much we appreciate all the time and effort you put into to answering questions for those of us on this site.

Thanks again!

cordovacollector
06-06-2009, 05:43 PM
This is such a fine thread! BMH, you set an excellent example of what it means to be a honorable member of GUU. (I'll remember that next time I think of posting something "snarky" or beneath what this Forum deserves, as indeed it is a priviledge to be a part of it.)

I hope you and your wife do consider a charity PayPal account ... be it hospice or something to help with retired ballplayers in need. If it isn't just one specific cause, you could have the flexibilty to send to whatever or whomever is in need at the time.

I am another member who has more BMH questions than I dare ask. I thought if we asked too much, this joy might become a burden for you and we'd lose you. If we had the option to donate, it would make some of us feel less guilty for using your time ... and it would be a worthy reminder to us that we should ask the most specific question we can and provide as much in information and photos to help you to spend the least amount of time.

Thank you, Brian, for you kindness to all of us strangers ... and yet friends.

Helen

PS. Like the other fellow said ... "Can you tell me how many bats were ordered in the first moon phase of the second quarter of 1953? Oh, and to save you time, I only want to know how many were funny color combinations." ;)

jonincleve
06-06-2009, 07:01 PM
brian, i know a master list of all cleveland indians players bat models and quantities would be a hard chore. i will make my request a little easier.....

i will use proper GUU format

BMH can you help me......i need a list of models numbers of all cleveland indians world series winners from the 1960's....er i mean the 1970's.....um, how about the 1980's.....darn cleveland indians world series winners in the 1990's.....wait i know 2000's.....well i guess that list was easy, i'm good.

again thank you for all your help.

take care
john

jonincleve@sbcglobal.net

5kRunner
06-08-2009, 08:44 AM
THANK YOU!

Brian, for everything you do and bring to this forum, thank you. I've never had question for you, but its nice to know when I do, you'll be here to answer. Thanks again.