Rob L
06-04-2009, 06:43 PM
Congrats to the Big Unit!!

allstarsplus
06-04-2009, 06:53 PM
I got into the Nationals clubhouse and took these pictures:

Rob L
06-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Cool. When were the photos actually taken?

larry bourget
06-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Why is there a MLB Team in Washington again, from what i watched they might have had 1000 people in the stands viewing History. Maybe they should move the team back to Montreal.

LB

BaseballGM
06-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Why is there a MLB Team in Washington again, from what i watched they might have had 1000 people in the stands viewing History. Maybe they should move the team back to Montreal.

LB

You can have our opinion, that's ok but had you seen the 25-30k crowd that showed up last night, the original RJ start date, you might have a different view. The game was not postponed until 10:45-11:00pm. I was there for 5 hours. Then, to schedule the makeup for the next day @ 4:30pm was brutal. Considering the torrential rains in the DC area all day today and the short notice, the crowd size didn't surprise me.

Congrats to the Big Unit.

allstarsplus
06-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Cool. When were the photos actually taken?

That was last night after the game was cancelled. I think that was about 11:15PM. I am a horrible photographer.

I couldn't go back today as my youngest son had a scheduled surgery for tonsils/adnoids so I had to watch it on the TV.

And for Larry's info, I stayed last night until the game was called and if the weather was good it would have been close to a sellout.

Vintagedeputy
06-04-2009, 08:20 PM
RJ pitched well, but the win should go to the home plate ump.

That 3-2 call at the ankles against Dunn was clearly and obviously called for Johnson's benefit to keep the victory. I have seen some horrible umpiring lately but this one takes the cake! Dunn was 5 steps towards first when he got rung up! TERRIBLE UMPIRING! I AM FURIOUS!

Last week I called into Jeff Joyce and Kevin Kennedy on XM Radio and told them how Randy St. Claire should be fired. The next day, BOOM! St. Claire is gone.

Wait 'til I get on the air tomorrow. I'm going to go ballistic on these umpires. I know the Nats suck, but the umps make us look like we really suck.

allstarsplus
06-04-2009, 08:23 PM
RJ pitched well, but the win should go to the home plate ump.

That 3-2 call at the ankles against Dunn was clearly and obviously called for Johnson's benefit to keep the victory. I have seen some horrible umpiring lately but this one takes the cake! Dunn was 5 steps towards first when he got rung up! TERRIBLE UMPIRING! I AM FURIOUS!

Last week I called into Jeff Joyce and Kevin Kennedy on XM Radio and told them how Randy St. Claire should be fired. The next day, BOOM! St. Claire is gone.

Wait 'til I get on the air tomorrow. I'm going to go ballistic on these umpires. I know the Nats suck, but the umps make us look like we really suck.

Jim - I agree. Rob Dibble on the air called it the same way you did. It also costs Jordan Zimmermann a Loss.

Vintagedeputy
06-04-2009, 08:28 PM
Jim - I agree. Rob Dibble on the air called it the same way you did. It also costs Jordan Zimmermann a Loss.

Andrew - you have no idea how pissed I was! If the pitch was inside, it would have hit him in the ankles. That's how low it was. The ump should be fired.

If I was Hanrahan, I would have thrown a high fastball when I came in and would have told Nieves not to catch it....peg that ump right in the mouth!

allstarsplus
06-04-2009, 08:37 PM
If I was Hanrahan, I would have thrown a high fastball when I came in and would have told Nieves not to catch it....peg that ump right in the mouth!

Wouldn't that be an eye for an eye and a K for a tooth?

Vintagedeputy
06-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Wouldn't that be an eye for an eye and a K for a tooth?

It would be a K if Hanrahan didnt give up 4 hits in a row and let the Giants blow the game wide open!

godwulf
06-04-2009, 09:49 PM
I couldn't go back today as my youngest son had a scheduled surgery for tonsils/adnoids so I had to watch it on the TV.

Your son's surgery was on t.v.? Cool.

The Big Unit is one of the greatest guys on the planet, and one of my all-time favorite people, as some of you know, so naturally I have nothing but good wishes for him. :rolleyes:

suicide_squeeze
06-04-2009, 10:42 PM
Andrew - you have no idea how pissed I was! If the pitch was inside, it would have hit him in the ankles. That's how low it was. The ump should be fired.

And this, coming from the same guy who claims that security guards chasing a naked guy wearing nothing but an "animal thong" is endangering their well being??

;) JUST YANKING YOUR CHAIN Vintage.....keep your pants on!.....If that had happened against my Dodgers......I'd have been seething too.

dirtyla2000
06-05-2009, 04:44 AM

LBAMEN