PDA

View Full Version : Which Game Used Bat Would You Choose? - Need Your Opinion

3arod13
06-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Which would you choose?

Both from 2008. One is cracked and shows tremendous use. The other is uncracked and show pretty good use.

Would appreciate your opinion.

Regards, Tony

BULBUS
06-04-2009, 11:40 AM
I like the top one. Great use, the crack seems to be on the opposite side of the labeling and will display nicely.

I don't like how on the other bat the inscription runs over the bat labeling. Arod really needs to start more to the left when he is adding those long inscriptions.

Gameusedfan1
06-04-2009, 12:42 PM
The bottom one, I personal dont trust alex rodriguez-13, and MLB is a plus.

Rob L
06-04-2009, 12:44 PM
I'd go with the top one. Great use.

emann
06-04-2009, 12:54 PM
I'd pick the bottom one due to being uncracked and having the MLB cert, but that placement of inscription throws it off a little.

[Why would he write over the signature stamping?]

suave1477
06-04-2009, 01:04 PM

If you don't mind me asking I am just curious what you don't trust about him?

3arod13
06-04-2009, 01:04 PM

MLB Authentication is for the signature only. Not game used.

sportscentury
06-04-2009, 02:47 PM
If you don't mind me asking I am just curious what you don't trust about him?

You haven't read any of the recent threads about his items? I thought you posted in some of them.

yanks12025
06-04-2009, 03:06 PM
I would take the top one.

Also when will we be hearing about your A-rod homerun bat.

Jules9
06-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Assuming they are both legit, I would take the top one. I don't like the saying "The house that Ruth built" on the bat.

gameused
06-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Tony,

I would take the cracked bat, some of the best game use can be found on cracked bats. When I first started collecting years ago, I would always shy away from cracked bats, but now if they are cracked I'll pick them up, game use is what I look for and that can usually be found on cracked bats. That top bat of arod must have been used for a while, it's hammered with use.

Thanks, BobbyI

joelsabi
06-08-2009, 01:30 AM
Which would you choose?

Both from 2008. One is cracked and shows tremendous use. The other is uncracked and show pretty good use.

Would appreciate your opinion.

Regards, Tony

i like the top one. i like the cleats marks and the usage on the bat even if its crack. i think it would still display well since the crack is on the back side. i also prefer the final season inscription over the house that ruth built inscription.

suave1477
06-09-2009, 12:41 AM
You haven't read any of the recent threads about his items? I thought you posted in some of them.

Sportscentury I have read the past threads and I have yet to see anyone here with any real concrete evidence to anything really questionable.

FOR EXAMPLE
Someone here questioned a Pudge Rodriguez Game Used Bat MLB Authenticated. because the handle had taping on it.

That to me does not make the seller questionable.
1) First of all the bat itself is MLB Authenticated
2) Pudge in his earlier years has taped his handles as someone else pointed out
3) Me personally has not watched every game that Pudge played in as a Tiger, so you never know maybe he did tape the handle for one game or one at bat. Anything is possible!!
4) If someone is suggesting that the seller added tape to the handle to make the bat looked more used. I think that is far fetched, because why would you add tape to a handle that is not normal for Pudges use charecteristics???

Ok so lets say MLB Screwed up and a teammate used the bat instead of Pudge and MLB just marked it as a Pudge game used bat.

Then that is not the sellers fault, that is MLB's fault.

The seller is most likely taking the MLB Hologram for face value and selling it as is.
Could he himself do more homework on the use of the bat SURE OF COURSE But in the long run you can't hold him responsible when he is not the authenticator.

Which boils down to this You can blame MLB and as always do your own homework!!!

Again if you read the sellers listings most descriptions you can see he does show he tries to be honest as possible - by letting you know he is selling a bat "which shows light use" - so he considers it "Game Issued"

If it shows light use he can easily say it is a Game Used bat, but he doesn't he lets you know he is considering it Game Issued.

As far as the Griffey Jersey he was completely honest about it saying it was Game Issued / pro Cut - he made mention of it several times in bold.

So its not like he is trying to get over on anyone and he states he is selling it as is.

I don't mean to hijack a thread but since the item in question has also the seller being questioned I just want to fully understand why???

Yet I myself am wondering with all the questioning of the seller am wondering if anyone has reached out to him / contacted him about what they are questioning??? (I dont mean questioning of which bat to choose but the seller himself is being questioned)

I have, and felt comfortable with his answers!!!

sportscentury
06-09-2009, 08:05 AM
Sportscentury I have read the past threads and I have yet to see anyone here with any real concrete evidence to anything really questionable.

FOR EXAMPLE
Someone here questioned a Pudge Rodriguez Game Used Bat MLB Authenticated. because the handle had taping on it.

3) Me personally has not watched every game that Pudge played in as a Tiger, so you never know maybe he did tape the handle for one game or one at bat. Anything is possible!!
4) If someone is suggesting that the seller added tape to the handle to make the bat looked more used. I think that is far fetched, because why would you add tape to a handle that is not normal for Pudges use charecteristics???

Ok so lets say MLB Screwed up and a teammate used the bat instead of Pudge and MLB just marked it as a Pudge game used bat.

The seller is most likely taking the MLB Hologram for face value and selling it as is.
Could he himself do more homework on the use of the bat SURE OF COURSE But in the long run you can't hold him responsible when he is not the authenticator.

Which boils down to this You can blame MLB and as always do your own homework!!!

Again if you read the sellers listings most descriptions you can see he does show he tries to be honest as possible - by letting you know he is selling a bat "which shows light use" - so he considers it "Game Issued"

If it shows light use he can easily say it is a Game Used bat, but he doesn't he lets you know he is considering it Game Issued.

As far as the Griffey Jersey he was completely honest about it saying it was Game Issued / pro Cut - he made mention of it several times in bold.

So its not like he is trying to get over on anyone and he states he is selling it as is.

I don't mean to hijack a thread but since the item in question has also the seller being questioned I just want to fully understand why???

Yet I myself am wondering with all the questioning of the seller am wondering if anyone has reached out to him / contacted him about what they are questioning??? (I dont mean questioning of which bat to choose but the seller himself is being questioned)

Suave - I realize that you do business with the seller, and I can therefore understand that you want to defend him. But even you have to admit that a diproportionately large number of his items are questioned here on GUU. If you don't accept the implications of those who have questioned his items, that is fine. Certainly, everyone has a right to his own standards for acquiring game used items, and I respect yours even if they are different than mine. But it really wasn't clear to you why Gameusedfan1 wrote what he did in his post? With all of the threads placing alex-rodriguez-13's items into question, that's hard to believe.

mbrieve
06-09-2009, 08:25 AM

FOR EXAMPLE

The tape job on that Pudge bat looks like it was done by Omar Infante. Does anybody know what the MLB authentication actually says for that bat?

33bird
06-09-2009, 08:29 AM
I know you're an Arod dude, but between the Steroids and his flooding of the market of his game used stuff, I wouldn't buy anything of that dude. Everywhere I look there's TONS of his stuff and he's still got a long career left. Hopefully Arod collectors are just that-collectors. I can't see any of his stuff being a good investment. Why? See Bonds. Just me 2 cents.

suave1477
06-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Suave - I realize that you do business with the seller, and I can therefore understand that you want to defend him. But even you have to admit that a diproportionately large number of his items are questioned here on GUU. If you don't accept the implications of those who have questioned his items, that is fine. Certainly, everyone has a right to his own standards for acquiring game used items, and I respect yours even if they are different than mine. But it really wasn't clear to you why Gameusedfan1 wrote what he did in his post? With all of the threads placing alex-rodriguez-13's items into question, that's hard to believe.

Sportscentury honestly it really has nothing to do with me doing business with him. I am not bias on my opinion or shall I say facts.
I am merely asking why someone would consider the seller questionable and if so would like concrete evidence or at least something that holds a bit more water then someone just saying it's questionable.

I accept the implications as long as they are backed with a decent piece of evidence, but it seems no one provides any and yet call it questionable.

Now here is a kicker for me...... you said a diproprtionately amount of his items are questioned here on GUU??????
I have personally seen an estimate amount of maybe 10 at most but for your argument lets say I have seen 20 items here questioned. He has sold thousands of items. I am not sure how 10 or even 20 consists as diproportinate amount???

Again I just would like some facts not people just chiming in saying it or he is questionable!!!

sportscentury
06-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Sportscentury honestly it really has nothing to do with me doing business with him. I am not bias on my opinion or shall I say facts.
I am merely asking why someone would consider the seller questionable and if so would like concrete evidence or at least something that holds a bit more water then someone just saying it's questionable.

I accept the implications as long as they are backed with a decent piece of evidence, but it seems no one provides any and yet call it questionable.

Now here is a kicker for me...... you said a diproprtionately amount of his items are questioned here on GUU??????
I have personally seen an estimate amount of maybe 10 at most but for your argument lets say I have seen 20 items here questioned. He has sold thousands of items. I am not sure how 10 or even 20 consists as diproportinate amount???

Again I just would like some facts not people just chiming in saying it or he is questionable!!!

Sorry, Suave, but that is the wrong math. Disproportionate to other similar sellers, not to the number of items he sells or has sold. By "similar sellers," I mean sellers whose sales are of similar volume. I agree with you that folks need to demonstrate sufficient evidence if they are going to make claims that items are bad. Believe me, we are both on the same page with respect to this issue. I don't want to speak for Gameusedfan1 (whom I do not know from Adam), but I know there have been enough of this seller's items questioned that I would certainly think twice before pulling the trigger. Again, if you are comfortable, then buy away! I think Gameusedfan1 only wrote what many of us were already thinking. I am CERTAIN that Gameusedfan1 and I are not the only ones on GUU with concerns!

joelsabi
06-09-2009, 01:06 PM
i rather have a bat from mvpmarketingmanagement who have dealt longer with arod for at least 4 years. i trust mario and matt just from my email communication with them. so i am switching to the bottom bat. when a bat cost over $1K, i would rather play it safe. i have only seen alexrodriguez13 deal with arod this year.

suave1477
06-09-2009, 08:09 PM
i rather have a bat from mvpmarketingmanagement who have dealt longer with arod for at least 4 years. i trust mario and matt just from my email communication with them. so i am switching to the bottom bat. when a bat cost over $1K, i would rather play it safe. i have only seen alexrodriguez13 deal with arod this year.

Actually just to add to this statement, mvp has told me that alexrodriguez13 is also a source of arods stuff.

Gameusedfan1
06-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Actually just to add to this statement, mvp has told me that alexrodriguez13 is also a source of arods stuff.

Woah that is not true. They get there Arod items from the same source, which is Arods agent Pepe. MVP and AlexRodriguez13 buy directly from Pepe, MVP does not buy from AlexRodriguez13.

Gameusedfan1
06-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Sorry Suave Misread your post, I thought you said MVP got there stuff from Alexrodriguez13, My fault. Your statement is correct. Sorry