PDA

View Full Version : Help with photomatching a jersey

oakesc8855
06-01-2009, 05:36 PM
I'm sure this will be very easy for anyone who has done this before..All I basically am trying to do is to find some pictures of Justin Masterson pitching in his Red Jersey from 2008 I thought I'd be able to find it on getty images but either I dont know how to use it well or something. I found pictures of him stretching and everything just looking for some action shots of him on the mound during a game. Thanks a lot.

both-teams-played-hard
06-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Forget about photos of the player.
First. Examine your jersey. Look for wrinkles in the tackle twill. Loose threads...Numeral and letter placement...and most important, stains. In other words, evidence of use. If there is nothing to set your jersey aside from a pro-cut or team-issue, then looking for a true "photo-match" is futile.

Second. Search, getty, googleimages, corbis, online newspapers. flick'r etc, etc. then find a photo to match your evidence of game use.

oakesc8855
06-01-2009, 06:16 PM
I'm not scared it wasn't game used I'd just like to have a few pictures of him wearing it in that season in action just because I'd like to put them with the jersey

section227
06-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Photomatching is one of the best, and toughest, parts of the hobby. I've attached a small list of resources that might help.

Keep in mind that your player may appear in a photo that isn't indexed to that player. So a search for "Materson" might not yield any results, while a search for "Boston Red Sox 2008" might. Try looking up the dates he pitched, then run searches for those games.

Good luck!

1. Getty Images
2. JAMD
3. Team websites
4. Trading cards
5. Ebay (trading cards and player photos)
6. Google image searches
7. Flikr searches
8. Webshots searches
9. Yahoo / yahoosports
10. Zimbio
11. Daylife
12. USpresswire
13. Team yearbooks
14. Game programs
15. Team calendars
16. Books

mattmueller
06-02-2009, 07:59 AM
Do you know what dates they wore the red jerseys? I am not a Red Sox fan, are there common dates when they wore the red jerseys, e.g. Saturday home day games?

Matt

oakesc8855
06-04-2009, 12:03 AM
No I guess they just wore them on special occasions...Holidays, Yankees games.. He didnt throw in a ton of games ...Less then 40 I think I found his game logs and thought origianally they were just worn Sundays home games which narrowed it down to 5 games but that wasnt the case.... Let me know..the guy I got it from had one pic on his comp but just found it on google images when he first got it. Its a steiner, so theres no question of authenticity just would like to be able to buy or print a high quality of him in it.

oakesc8855
06-04-2009, 12:04 AM
I'm not really a Sox fan persay just a Masterson fan he played in my conference in HS i actually had 2 at bats against him is why I got it..

murfsteve25
06-22-2009, 01:55 AM
Oakesc8855 Thats pretty cool that you got to face him in high school. How was that for ya?