PDA

View Full Version : Hamiton vintage bat story

cjclong
06-01-2009, 08:47 AM
Jim Reeves for the Fort Worth Star Telegram had a story in the Sunday paper about Hamilton using Joe Macko's Louisville Slugger that is around 40 years old. If you are interested you can go to www.star-telegram.com. At that site you can hit sports on the upper left. Once it goes to the sports page scroll down to the Columnist on the left hand side. Go down to Jim Reeves and hit previous columns at the bottom below his name. When that page comes up go to the upper right and the article "Hamiton new stick proves to be an oldie , but a goody." You can hit that and read the story. Sorry I am technologically challenged and can't put it up here for people to read easily. I think a lot of people are interested and apprecite Bert and others who got us on to the story.

5kRunner
06-01-2009, 09:04 AM
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/columnists/jim_reeves/story/1404712.html

Thanks for letting us know about the article.

sox83cubs84
06-01-2009, 11:09 AM
"Smacko" not only played in the minors...he spent a brief stint with the MLB Cubs as part of the 1961-65 College of Coaches experiment.

Dave M.
Chicago area

bigtruck260
06-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Bert Magladry, a collector of vintage bats, was watching on TV at home when Hamilton’s bat caught his eye. He took several photos (one is pictured here) and was able to zoom in and see that the Louisville Slugger was an older model at least 30 years old because Hillerich and Bradsby had stopped making that center brand style in 1979.

Dude! That's SHOREMAN44 from the forum. Way to go Bert.

shoremen44
06-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Dave thanks... but I had little to do with it except capturing the pictures on my computer, and emailing them to cjclong... not sure where he got the at home watching tv thing

joelsabi
06-02-2009, 12:17 AM
Dave thanks... but I had little to do with it except capturing the pictures on my computer, and emailing them to cjclong... not sure where he got the at home watching tv thing

Bert that would be cool if you have the chance to own that bat sometime in the future. You have to add this article to your website.

regards

joel