PDA

View Full Version : what auction house do you trust most/ which one are you least confident buying from

clinton2828
05-08-2006, 09:40 PM
personally i prefer AIM when buying..especially football....

porsche544
05-09-2006, 12:12 AM
Brian at Bricol Sports is on the top of my list. Also, never had a problem with purchases from Vintage Authentics, Lelands, AMI or Mike Guttierez.

I don't like the rules for Steve Verkman's auctions. You must prebid on an item before you can bid to purchase on the last day. Example: I was surfing the net one day and found an interesting piece in their auction. So I called to see if I could bid since there's 5-6 hours left in the auction. They told me no bids can be placed unlessI have placed a bid prior to either 6pm or 7pm. That is just plain stupid. They lose their chance on potential first time buyers who may want to impulse buy in the auction. I hope they realize this and work on modifiying or totally scratching the prebid idea.

earlywynnfan
05-09-2006, 10:21 AM
What really stinks about Verkman's bidding rules is their VIP bidder rule, or whatever they call it. If you are high bidder on like 10 items, you can go bid on something else no matter if you've already bid on it or not, and no matter what time it was. Recently, I was the only bidder on a ball, and i went to be at like 11 PM still being the only bidder, and someone comes along after midnight and poaches it from me. That stinks!!
Ken

skipcareyisfat
05-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Brian at Bricol Sports is on the top of my list. Also, never had a problem with purchases from Vintage Authentics, Lelands, AMI or Mike Guttierez.

Brian seems to be a pretty nice guy. Always willing to answer questions. I still find it amazing that every auction seems to include a Jeter and Clemens Yankees gamer.

clinton2828
05-09-2006, 02:52 PM
i also always seem to see a shaq and kobe 1998-99 lakers gammer in EVERY AUCTION! i think without a doubt between the majour houses i have seen at least 25-30 of each....what a joke