PDA

View Full Version : Paul Konerko Minor Lg. Cap FS

sox83cubs84
05-31-2009, 03:44 PM
I have an Indianapolis Indians GW cap of the current White Sox 1B. Cap is fitted, red crown and black brim, Indians "I" logo in black and white, New Era, sz. 7 1/8, 22 and Konerko hand wriiten under brim. $50 ppd. takes it...email me at address below if interested.

Dave Miedema
ballhawk396@hotmail.com

Number9
06-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Hi Dave,
I am Mike in Georgia. Just wanted to mention to you that I still appreciate a favor you did for me 10 years ago. I placed an SCD add, back in the day before the internet when a lot of us just placed wants ads in the SCD, and I was looking for Jim Abbott GU items. You contacted me, a complete stranger, and eventually picked up an Abbott Sox cap and jersey for me at a White Sox sale. I am pretty sure you did it at cost and did not profit too.

I sold the hat a few years ago, wish I had kept it, but I still cherish the jersey. I have it hanging right beside my computer now. It means a lot to me, inspires me, seeing as how Jim played in the majors with one hand of course. I just got a DVD of his Yankees no-hiter in the mail today and its gonna be great watching it knowing I have one of his real jerseys.

Anyway, I haven't talked to you since as I am a pretty low-key collector, so I wanted you to know that 10 years later I still appreciate you getting this for me and I still cherish it. I would not sell it for literally any amount. Maybe I can find that hat again some day!

Best regards,
Mike

sox83cubs84
06-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Mike;

Great to hear you're still involved and still have the jersey. Good luck in the future.

Dave M.
Chicago area

salukidave
06-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Dave, I think you should write a book for collectors about White Sox and Cubs jerseys.