PDA

View Full Version : This Is What Collecting Is All About

MSpecht
05-31-2009, 01:05 PM
This exchange of emails after a buyer won a single 1934 Goudey baseball card in my recent auctions says it all about collecting, whether it is game-used, autographs, cards, whatever. I hope you enjoy this story as much as i did being a small part of it.

Thanks for the winning bid and quick payment in the 1934 Goudey auction. Your item will be shipped to the address above on Monday with the following USPS delivery confirmation number 0309 0330 0000 8985 0073

Enjoy this card in your collection.
Mike

Thanks.
It is the last card we needed for the set.
Jeff

Jeff---are you serious ?? That is just too cool....it reminds me of 30 years ago when sets were the only way to collect, and rookie cards, super star cards, etc had no special meaning except Mantle might be a bit more expensive than Don Hoak ---- anyway, glad I could help out, congrats !!!
Mike..

Thanks. My 89 year old Dad started that set and his cards survived the years. I actually thought he finished it years ago but realize he was missing about 10 cards. Vosmik is it. He will be thrilled. I have attached a wantlist of the other stuff we need. We are set collectos, so anything you can do would be great.
Jeff

Hey Jeff--- very good story, you are lucky to have that experience ------I looked thru your want list and it is weird, the only help is the card you won---everything that I have from that era that I will be listing over the next 2 weeks are not on your list------ 1933 DeLong, Nat'l Chicle Fine Pens, 1936 R312 pastel premiums, etc--- Anyway, helping with the last card in a set is perfect---- and the fact that you and your dad have pursued this for a good while made my day. All the best. Mike
Mike

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

justinlm24
05-31-2009, 01:22 PM
wow....:confused:

sox83cubs84
05-31-2009, 02:36 PM
Mike:

Great story. It's the type of feeling those of us who were around 25 and 30 years ago can relate to.:)

Dave M.
Chicago area

dcgreg25
05-31-2009, 02:38 PM
Really a great story. That kind of story is what collecting is all about.:)