PDA

View Full Version : Vladimir Guerrero hammered game used bat

treant985
05-31-2009, 08:37 AM
I'm looking to sell this game-used Vladimir Guerrero Old Hickory bat. It is absolutely covered with use all over the barrel.

It has a nice coating of dried pine tar on the handle. Part of the Old Hickory logo has been worn away by continued use. Vlad took the finish off the bat over a large portion of the back of the barrel, and there are too many ink marks to count.

Here's the best part: I originally bought it from Tim over at HOFbats.com, who said that it was the most-hammered bat he had ever possessed during his entire time as a collector. Those of us who've dealt with Tim know that he's a top-notch honest collector.

The photos are below, but it looks even more-impressive in person!

Looking to get $450 including s/h. Email me at treant985@triad.rr.com or if you want more pics.

treant985
05-31-2009, 03:29 PM
I should add this: there is a remnant of a silver '27' on the knob. Hard to see anything but part of the '2' left, and my camera can barely pick it up. But I know that Vlad almost always marks his bats with '27' on them, so just more evidence that it's legit.

He must've used it for so long that the number wore off the bottom, prob. from being put into the rack, or when he leaned on the bat with the knob on the ground.

treant985
06-03-2009, 06:31 AM
I'll go to $400 +s/h for this Vladdy bat...for anyone who wants the most-hammered Guerrero bat out there, this is your chance. treant985@triad.rr.com .