PDA

View Full Version : Prova Group

TNTtoys
05-24-2009, 09:20 PM
All,

I have an item that has been authenticated by the Prova Group. I attempted to look up this # in their database and get back a screen full of server exceptions and error messages.

I am attempting to click the "Item Lookup" button on the website http://www.provagroup.com/

Am I doing anything wrong? Is anyone else out there having the same trouble with their site?

Thanks,
Nick

cordovacollector
05-24-2009, 11:22 PM
I got to the page you linked OK but on going to the Lookup page it came back as a certificate error. When I clicked to open the page regardless of the certificate error, I got to the correct page.

josportsco
05-24-2009, 11:52 PM
We have spoken to several individuals that are in contact with Prova. I do not think they have funds to keep the site up? Emmitt Smith's brother is the gentleman who runs Prova (his name has slipped my mind but I have his contact info at the office).

TNTtoys
05-25-2009, 10:43 AM
I got to the page you linked OK but on going to the Lookup page it came back as a certificate error. When I clicked to open the page regardless of the certificate error, I got to the correct page.

Not exactly the problem. When you put in an identifier number and click ok, you get this...

NEFAN
10-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Any new news on this group? Are the jerseys legit? I got directed to this page when googled them.

short84
10-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Last I heard they are out of business. The primary thing to keep in mind is that BOTH game issued and game used items had prova chips attached to them. I have seen too many eBay sellers try to pass off game issued items as game used simply because they have a prova chip.

NEFAN
10-01-2012, 07:30 PM
That explains the total lack of wear on this one.

shafrancollectibles.com
10-01-2012, 09:16 PM
We have about 15-20 Cowboys jerseys here that came from Prova Group / Steiner and they were sold to us as Game Issued and they are just that - game issued. The Prova tagging does not automatically signify game use although it does appear that others are making that assumption with their online listings.