PDA

View Full Version : josportsco and LeBron James game worn MUST READ

josportsco
05-24-2009, 04:52 PM
First of all I want to say I know Chris Cavalier /GUU personally and I applaud his efforts to help clean up this industry. He is an honorable guy and this is why josportsco.com chooses to work with Chris to offer jerseys and equipment directly from teams, players etc. to the industry. With that being said, I have seen and read all I am going to about this LeBron James game worn jersey JUNK. I have been trying to for 2 years to obtain a legitimate LeBron James game worn jersey outside the NBA auctions directly from LeBron. I have a good relationship with LeBron and his reps. For reason’s I am not at liberty to disclose LeBron DOES NOT let his game worn jerseys available to the market. Now does this mean there are 0 legit gamers out in the market outside the NBA auctions—NO. But it does mean that the last 100 game worn jerseys that have been offered in auctions and ebay etc. (A5-A7) are no good—I would say 99.9% are not legitimate gamers. So I put in a text today with his rep and explained to him the problems with this industry and what has been going on regarding LeBron jerseys. “Lebron is a marketing genius, and is well aware of his image and equipment.” Also his rep “will speak with LeBron to get me any/all info requested to help” Now I may hear back from him today, tomorrow, month or year but I will hear from him regardless if I have to bug the heck out of him. Once I hear from him I will post the information giving to me from LeBron regarding his jerseys.

Thank you

fabes23
05-24-2009, 07:24 PM
THANKS FOR THE INFO! If you ever run across any Lebron game worn or signed shoes, please hit me up. I am really getting in to Lebron these days. Thanks again for the info!

sportscentury
05-24-2009, 07:57 PM
First of all I want to say I know Chris Cavalier /GUU personally and I applaud his efforts to help clean up this industry. He is an honorable guy and this is why josportsco.com chooses to work with Chris to offer jerseys and equipment directly from teams, players etc. to the industry. With that being said, I have seen and read all I am going to about this LeBron James game worn jersey JUNK. I have been trying to for 2 years to obtain a legitimate LeBron James game worn jersey outside the NBA auctions directly from LeBron. I have a good relationship with LeBron and his reps. For reason’s I am not at liberty to disclose LeBron DOES NOT let his game worn jerseys available to the market. Now does this mean there are 0 legit gamers out in the market outside the NBA auctions—NO. But it does mean that the last 100 game worn jerseys that have been offered in auctions and ebay etc. (A5-A7) are no good—I would say 99.9% are not legitimate gamers. So I put in a text today with his rep and explained to him the problems with this industry and what has been going on regarding LeBron jerseys. “Lebron is a marketing genius, and is well aware of his image and equipment.” Also his rep “will speak with LeBron to get me any/all info requested to help” Now I may hear back from him today, tomorrow, month or year but I will hear from him regardless if I have to bug the heck out of him. Once I hear from him I will post the information giving to me from LeBron regarding his jerseys.

Thank you

Jarrod/JOSportsCo,

Thanks for this post. I would have to agree that most of LBJ's jerseys on the market were not worn by him. I know that some of them are real, though, as MeiGray has photomatched some of them ... but just a small number of them compared to how many are floating around. I have been able to obtain several pairs of his Playoff shoes, as well as a couple of pairs of his rookie shoes, but I have not yet been offered a LBJ jersey that I thought was good (MeiGray sold their photomatched ones before I knew of them).

What exactly is your relationship with LeBron? Are you his exclusive agent for his game worn items now? How will you authentication system work? I have heard good things here on GUU about you/your company, and would like to hear more, specifically with reference to LeBron James and his game worn items.

Thanks and glad to see you posting here.
Best,
Reid

jobathenut
05-24-2009, 08:16 PM
I have a question.If james DOES NOT give out his jerseys,than how do the places you mentioned get them?:confused:

allstarsplus
05-24-2009, 08:28 PM
I have a question.If james DOES NOT give out his jerseys,than how do the places you mentioned get them?:confused:

Not only that, where are all these "game tagged" jerseys coming from? This to me is a bigger mystery than where all these perfectly tagged Derek Jeter "Non-Steiner" jerseys came from as that had a more logical explanation.

I am specifically talking about the LeBron Reebok rookie era with extra length added and perfectly tagged and all the others on every year since.....:confused:

kingjammy24
05-24-2009, 10:54 PM
Not only that, where are all these "game tagged" jerseys coming from? This to me is a bigger mystery than where all these perfectly tagged Derek Jeter "Non-Steiner" jerseys came from as that had a more logical explanation.

I am specifically talking about the LeBron Reebok rookie era with extra length added and perfectly tagged and all the others on every year since.....:confused:

what was the explanation behind the non-steiner jeters?

in general, i think there are many more people with access to these shirts from the factory than may be thought. how many different people could potentially order lebron "game issued" shirts from the factory? i'm guessing it's more than simply the cavs equipment manager. maybe there's a leak at the factory itself.

with LVS, i'd be curious to know what mechanisms are in place that would prevent an employee from pumping out a couple dozen superstar bats and turning them into "gamers".

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5569/silly.jpg

rudy.

kingjammy24
05-24-2009, 11:04 PM
it'd be interesting to see if there are any differences between these A5-A7 jerseys that are referenced here and legit lebron gamers. any chance of getting a comparison going? anyone own a meigray/NBA auctions james gamer? anyone own one of those A5-A7 lebron shirts?

rudy.

josportsco
05-24-2009, 11:11 PM
it'd be interesting to see if there are any differences between these A5-A7 jerseys that are referenced here and legit lebron gamers. any chance of getting a comparison going? anyone own a meigray/NBA auctions james gamer? anyone own one of those A5-A7 lebron shirts?

rudy.

Very good point. there are plenty of the A5-A7 on on ebay as game cut. Just save those photos. Vintage Authentics has several in all their auctions, take those photos and put them in a database. I will search my resources for a legit LeBron. I personally want to bring one to the market UNWASHED to see what reaction we would see.

josportsco
05-24-2009, 11:12 PM

I do not know how they get them. I am just commenting on what I was told directly from LaBron camp. This DOES NOT mean that they get out through equip room, ball boy, LeBron to friend or family etc.

sportscentury
05-24-2009, 11:14 PM
I do not know how they get them. I am just commenting on what I was told directly from LaBron camp. This DOES NOT mean that they get out through equip room, ball boy, LeBron to friend or family etc.

Jarrod,
Would you respond to my post (#3), please?
Thank you,
Reid

josportsco
05-24-2009, 11:20 PM
Jarrod/JOSportsCo,

Thanks for this post. I would have to agree that most of LBJ's jerseys on the market were not worn by him. I know that some of them are real, though, as MeiGray has photomatched some of them ... but just a small number of them compared to how many are floating around. I have been able to obtain several pairs of his Playoff shoes, as well as a couple of pairs of his rookie shoes, but I have not yet been offered a LBJ jersey that I thought was good (MeiGray sold their photomatched ones before I knew of them).

What exactly is your relationship with LeBron? Are you his exclusive agent for his game worn items now? How will you authentication system work? I have heard good things here on GUU about you/your company, and would like to hear more, specifically with reference to LeBron James and his game worn items.

Thanks and glad to see you posting here.
Best,
Reid

Reid I will try to post more here. Chris has talk to me about become more vocal regarding issues but I am just hesitant because I am no where near a "expert" (if there really is one). I have seen a good share of legit football gamers in the last year with my team and player contacts to comment on that subject. My relationship with LeBron is not directly with LeBron so I apoligize if it came accross that way but it is very close with his right hand man who is with him all the time. I am not exclusive with LeBron. My authentication would give you the exact game(s) his equipment was worn. This is why for the past 2 years I have tried with NO success to get one directly from him. They are very tight with the equipment.

sportscentury
05-24-2009, 11:30 PM
Reid I will try to post more here. Chris has talk to me about become more vocal regarding issues but I am just hesitant because I am no where near a "expert" (if there really is one). I have seen a good share of legit football gamers in the last year with my team and player contacts to comment on that subject. My relationship with LeBron is not directly with LeBron so I apoligize if it came accross that way but it is very close with his right hand man who is with him all the time. I am not exclusive with LeBron. My authentication would give you the exact game(s) his equipment was worn. This is why for the past 2 years I have tried with NO success to get one directly from him. They are very tight with the equipment.

Jarrod,
Thanks. Please contact me at rgf2@hotmail.com when you get top NBA items such as Lebron stuff. I've been fortunate to be able to acquire several of LBJ's best pairs of game worn shoes. I have been able to photomatch several of them to the exact games I was told he wore them in, and so I am 100% confident in my sources. Jerseys are another story, though. I have had upwards of 20 of them offered to me, but I just didn't feel 100% about any of them, and so I passed. Please keep us posted with what you find out. Thanks for your posts.
Reid

jobathenut
05-24-2009, 11:49 PM
josportsco-Thanks,it's just funny when people say how tough a gamer is to find of some players,and that they (the player)claim they don't give them up,but yet they still find thier way to the market.Like barry bonds,he said he never gives up his game used items,but you still see them.In fact i remember watching the story on espn where he said that,when they were doing some show following him.And they showed him in like a storage room full of game used items as he labled a uniform from the days previuos game and put it in a contaner and put it on a shelf and he said "that he always keeps them".So you're saying that the jerseys are stolen,by the ball boy,other members of the team and friends and family of his.How does meigray get them.Thanks for the insight as i have always wondered how this happens.And i always suspected,would'nt it be easy to just steal a jersey if you worked for the team.And you would think a player would see thier jersey for sale and say,"hey,i always keep my jersey's".Well enough rambling from me.thanks

josportsco
05-25-2009, 12:07 AM
I cannot speak for MeiGray but they obviously have a close relationship with the NBA and/or Cavs. I am not saying anything is or was stolen but you would have to believe that his legit jerseys do or have made it out in the market. My comment was more toward these hundreds you see with A5-A7 paperwork and the procut selling for 3k as game used. I agree with the athlete comment but I think that comment is few and far between. When LBJ guy told me that nothing goes out, it was more intended toward they do not market them ie. sale on Lebron's website etc.

jobathenut
05-25-2009, 12:29 AM
thanks again josportsco-It just has always confused me when i hear players say they always keep thier game used items but yet you see them on the market.And when you said that about james saying that (as i thought you said,he said that and not the person close to him said that)and thats why i asked you this.I mean who owns the game used items,the player or the team.I mean they can't make the player give thier or sell thier game used items to meigray can they.I know nba auction is a different story as i'm sure they can make a player do that.thanks again for your great insight on this:)
I cannot speak for MeiGray but they obviously have a close relationship with the NBA and/or Cavs. I am not saying anything is or was stolen but you would have to believe that his legit jerseys do or have made it out in the market. My comment was more toward these hundreds you see with A5-A7 paperwork and the procut selling for 3k as game used. I agree with the athlete comment but I think that comment is few and far between. When LBJ guy told me that nothing goes out, it was more intended toward they do not market them ie. sale on Lebron's website etc.

josportsco
05-25-2009, 12:38 AM
thanks again josportsco-It just has always confused me when i hear players say they always keep thier game used items but yet you see them on the market.And when you said that about james saying that (as i thought you said,he said that and not the person close to him said that)and thats why i asked you this.I mean who owns the game used items,the player or the team.I mean they can't make the player give thier or sell thier game used items to meigray can they.I know nba auction is a different story as i'm sure they can make a player do that.thanks again for your great insight on this:)

The teams own the equipment. Not the league nor the player own the equipment. The players have the right to take jersey(s) and the team will charge the player on their paycheck. Each team is different. Depending on the team and player, some can take as many as they want and some can only take only 1 or 2. I am sure a guy like LeBron, Manning can do what they want. A lot of the teams will GIVE the NFL athlete 1 shirt at the end of the year and that is it. It just depends on the team and the stature of the player.

sportscentury
05-25-2009, 12:43 AM

Joba, I'm not sure what you're asking in your posts. To be clear, MeiGray has contracts with the NBA and several NBA teams. They don't have a contract with LeBron. When they get LeBron jerseys, it's either through their NBA contract, or because individuals have submitted them to MeiGray for photomatching. The NBA does not provide jerseys to MeiGray that are owned by the players (how could they?).

There continue to be a lot of questions asked about MeiGray on GUU. I again strongly encourage folks to contact Barry/MeiGray directly. They are accessible, informative, and professional.

xpress34
05-25-2009, 12:59 AM
The teams own the equipment. Not the league nor the player own the equipment. The players have the right to take jersey(s) and the team will charge the player on their paycheck. Each team is different. Depending on the team and player, some can take as many as they want and some can only take only 1 or 2. I am sure a guy like LeBron, Manning can do what they want. A lot of the teams will GIVE the NFL athlete 1 shirt at the end of the year and that is it. It just depends on the team and the stature of the player.

This is true for MLB as well - as least for the Rockies. I have asked a few guys I got to know over the years working for Nike and Rawlings and was told if I wanted a jersey, they would get me one, but I would have to pay whatever the team charged them for the jersey... of course this was 1st and 2nd year players... Veterans and Stars get much more consideration.

That is why the Rockies (like most teams) sell GU jerseys through their stores.

- Chris

jobathenut
05-25-2009, 01:19 AM
sportscentury-I in no way was questioning meigray,i don't know them and am not saying anything bad about them.My whole point was that josports said that james said he does'nt give away his jerseys.And my point was if that was the case,how come you see them on the market,like how does meigray get them than.I was just using them as a example as they were the ones mentioned by others on here.And it was also said on here that the team and not the player own the equipment such as jerseys.So why would meigray need a contract with a individual player to get his items,if they have contract with the teams should'nt that be good enough.And it's a little confusing,you say that meigray has contact with the nba but then you say that they don't provide jerseys to them and you add how could they.Well if they have a contract,isn;t that providing jerseys for them?.Anyway,all i was asking in my post,if a player says he does not give out his items,than how do people get them.:confused:
Joba, I'm not sure what you're asking in your posts. To be clear, MeiGray has contracts with the NBA and several NBA teams. They don't have a contract with LeBron. When they get LeBron jerseys, it's either through their NBA contract, or because individuals have submitted them to MeiGray for photomatching. The NBA does not provide jerseys to MeiGray that are owned by the players (how could they?).

There continue to be a lot of questions asked about MeiGray on GUU. I again strongly encourage folks to contact Barry/MeiGray directly. They are accessible, informative, and professional.

allstarsplus
05-25-2009, 09:05 AM

Rudy - It is my opinion with all those Jeter jerseys that Steiner sold un-used game issued that the holograms were removed and re-sold as game used with no Steiner documentation.

On the LeBron jerseys, there has to be a source and you would think Reebok knows where they go and have some sort of quality control on these so you would hope that at some point there is a logical explanation.

kingjammy24
05-25-2009, 09:56 AM
"Rudy - It is my opinion with all those Jeter jerseys that Steiner sold un-used game issued that the holograms were removed and re-sold as game used with no Steiner documentation."

maybe. but what would go for more money; a legit game-issued jeter with steiner docs or a jeter "gamer" with a big question mark hanging over it in light of the fact that it's missing steiner docs?

i don't know if that'd account for all of them. steiner never offered a dozen jeter game-issues.

years ago joel alpert was selling yankees procuts as "game issued" on ebay. they had strip tagging with player ids, customizations, etc. in selling them, joel saw nothing wrong with billing them as "game issued" even though he admitted they'd never been anywhere near yankee stadium. why not then simply sell them as "procuts"? clearly there was more money to be made selling them as "game issued". in some recent thread about a celtics shirt missing a shamrock, joel wondered where that procut came from. maybe it came from the same source as his own procuts. i mention all of this because as someone who's acquired yankee procuts, maybe joel could tell us where he got them from.

where does jersey-joe get his NBA pro-cuts? he used to sell boatloads of lebrons. now he's got dwayne wade, iverson, and carmelo. how did he acquire so many boxloads? they're very different from what's available on nba.com.

"On the LeBron jerseys, there has to be a source and you would think Reebok knows where they go and have some sort of quality control on these so you would hope that at some point there is a logical explanation."

the assumption here being that reebok wouldn't sell them to anyone but lebron/the cavs? maybe reebok does in fact sell them to some other select buyers. i'm sure if the ordinary joe called them up and asked for 3 boxes of lebron "game issued" jerseys, he'd be given a no-go but who knows what reebok does for insiders/VIPs/friends/investors, etc. clearly the shirts are not available for typical retail sale and clearly they're leaving the factory in boxloads. given how long this whole procut thing has been going on, i can't imagine they're being stolen out of the factory. i imagine the manufacturers are releasing them legitimately. otherwise, wouldn't there've been a news story somewhere at some point about these inside thefts? there are too many of these shirts around for them to have come from an employee or two lifting a couple here and there. as i said, jersey-joe had tons of them.

i remember around 2006 or so, boatloads of properly tagged david ortiz jerseys were everywhere. the quantities were staggering. that said, i also remember hearing that various people could call up majestic and order themselves some properly-tagged ortiz shirts; i even heard that players could call up and order other players' shirts. is it possible that some lowly NBA benchwarmer is ordering boxloads of lebron shirts?

rudy.

sportscentury
05-25-2009, 10:13 AM
sportscentury-I in no way was questioning meigray,i don't know them and am not saying anything bad about them.My whole point was that josports said that james said he does'nt give away his jerseys.And my point was if that was the case,how come you see them on the market,like how does meigray get them than.I was just using them as a example as they were the ones mentioned by others on here.And it was also said on here that the team and not the player own the equipment such as jerseys.So why would meigray need a contract with a individual player to get his items,if they have contract with the teams should'nt that be good enough.And it's a little confusing,you say that meigray has contact with the nba but then you say that they don't provide jerseys to them and you add how could they.Well if they have a contract,isn;t that providing jerseys for them?.Anyway,all i was asking in my post,if a player says he does not give out his items,than how do people get them.:confused:

Joba, I think you need to re-read my post. I wrote: "The NBA does not provide jerseys to MeiGray that are owned by the players (how could they?)." Any contract between the NBA (or an NBA team) and MeiGray would not be for items owned by an individual player. MeiGray (or any company) would only need a contract with an individual player if it were interested in the individual player's personally owned items (e.g., shoes, head-bands, arm-sleeves). Jerseys may or may not be included in this. I'm not sure that some teams have a tight grip on their jerseys. For example, All Star Authentic gets some game worn jerseys (I photomatched one) from Carmelo Anthony, along with Melo's shoes and other items.

I know you were not saying anything bad about MeiGray - don't worry. I understand that your question was how would MeiGray end up with LeBron jerseys for which they did not contract with the NBA or Cavaliers (i.e., the ones that were submitted to them for photomatching by individuals). The ones that were submitted for photomatching were likely submitted by individuals who have extremely close contacts with the Cavs or LeBron ... mind you, this is just my common sense guess. I think Jarrod's point was that a lot of (the vast majority) of LeBron jerseys floating around are just game issued. I'm sure Jarrod would agree that some (perhaps a very small amount) have slipped through the Cavs' hands, most likely by LeBron giving some away to those who are close to him (his Four Horsemen crew, family, etc.). As Jarrod mentioned, it is not unusual for mega-stars to be given much more freedom when it comes to doing as they please with team-owned property such as their jerseys.

I hope this helps and clears up some things. If not, perhaps some others can chime in and better frame what I'm trying to explain.

sportscentury
05-25-2009, 10:18 AM
otherwise, wouldn't there've been a news story somewhere at some point about these inside thefts? there are too many of these shirts around for them to have come from an employee or two lifting a couple here and there. as i said, jersey-joe had tons of them.

Is this the seller on eBay with all of the NBA jerseys for sale? I forget the userid.

kingjammy24
05-25-2009, 11:47 AM
Is this the seller on eBay with all of the NBA jerseys for sale? I forget the userid.

not sure who you're referring to.

jersey-joe = www.jersey-joe.com (http://www.jersey-joe.com)

http://www.jersey-joe.com/bask_rbk_nba_procuts.html

rudy.

allstarsplus
05-25-2009, 12:00 PM
"Troy don't owe Rudy anything but a lawsuit for slander" - Joel Alpert

I'm not a lawyer but I think slander is for verbal communication and libel is for written words so I don't think you probably don't have to worry about a slander suit. LOL ;)

Texans
05-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Josportsco,

Could you find out when did they start putting the Cavs Patch on the opposite side of the jersey tag. I notice on Meigray auction that all Lebron jersey had them.

http://auctions.nba.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=105136991&prmenbr=51136034&aunbr=105483701

Jojo

sportscentury
05-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Josportsco,

Could you find out when did they start putting the Cavs Patch on the opposite side of the jersey tag. I notice on Meigray auction that all Lebron jersey had them.

http://auctions.nba.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=105136991&prmenbr=51136034&aunbr=105483701

Jojo

I was told that the Cavs have done this since the 06-07 season. Jarrod can correct me if this is wrong.

jobathenut
05-25-2009, 06:43 PM
sportscentury-I understood your post,but if meigray has a contract with the nba,then logic says they do provide jerseys as the jerseys(as it's been said on here) are owned by the team therefor the nba.I'm sure that a player who has bought a jersey proberly under the contract can't sell thier jersey's to another dealer other than meigray.And if this is true that the team owns the eguipment(i.e-shoes,jerseys,shorts,arm bands)than why would they need a individual contract with the players,as they already have a contract with the league and team.But anyway,my whole point before this went ot,was that it was said james does'nt give away his jerseys and i was just asking how come wyou see so many of them on the market.And like you said they are proberly game issued being sold as game used,or they were gifts from james and they have sold them(hey nice friends to profit from a gift).Anyway,thanks for the insight i understand better.:)
Joba, I think you need to re-read my post. I wrote: "The NBA does not provide jerseys to MeiGray that are owned by the players (how could they?)." Any contract between the NBA (or an NBA team) and MeiGray would not be for items owned by an individual player. MeiGray (or any company) would only need a contract with an individual player if it were interested in the individual player's personally owned items (e.g., shoes, head-bands, arm-sleeves). Jerseys may or may not be included in this. I'm not sure that some teams have a tight grip on their jerseys. For example, All Star Authentic gets some game worn jerseys (I photomatched one) from Carmelo Anthony, along with Melo's shoes and other items.

I know you were not saying anything bad about MeiGray - don't worry. I understand that your question was how would MeiGray end up with LeBron jerseys for which they did not contract with the NBA or Cavaliers (i.e., the ones that were submitted to them for photomatching by individuals). The ones that were submitted for photomatching were likely submitted by individuals who have extremely close contacts with the Cavs or LeBron ... mind you, this is just my common sense guess. I think Jarrod's point was that a lot of (the vast majority) of LeBron jerseys floating around are just game issued. I'm sure Jarrod would agree that some (perhaps a very small amount) have slipped through the Cavs' hands, most likely by LeBron giving some away to those who are close to him (his Four Horsemen crew, family, etc.). As Jarrod mentioned, it is not unusual for mega-stars to be given much more freedom when it comes to doing as they please with team-owned property such as their jerseys.

I hope this helps and clears up some things. If not, perhaps some others can chime in and better frame what I'm trying to explain.

josportsco
05-26-2009, 12:41 AM
I was told that the Cavs have done this since the 06-07 season. Jarrod can correct me if this is wrong.

Not sure when they started, I thought 07-08. I am not a LBJ or Cavs expert. Just looking to obtain his equiptment directly through him. Also NO on the Cavs patch. Not all Cavs or King James jerseys have that tag on them. Maybe all the ones that go to Meigray do, but not all of them. This is fact!!

sportscentury
05-26-2009, 12:47 AM
Not sure when they started, I thought 07-08. I am not a LBJ or Cavs expert. Just looking to obtain his equiptment directly through him. Also NO on the Cavs patch. Not all Cavs or King James jerseys have that tag on them. Maybe all the ones that go to Meigray do, but not all of them. This is fact!!

Jojo's post stated that he saw the Cavs patch on all of the MeiGray LeBron jerseys, not all LeBron jerseys.

Texans
05-26-2009, 05:18 AM
Not sure which playoff game against the Magic it was but I saw Lebron take out his jersey and it had that special Cavs patch.

Jojo

Texans
05-26-2009, 05:25 AM
I think this is the picture

Texans
05-26-2009, 05:29 AM
March 10 against the Clippers this year

sportscentury
05-26-2009, 09:27 AM
Texans ... great photos. I was told that the Cavs started putting this patch on LeBron's jerseys in 06/07. This person did not say they were limited to MeiGray jerseys, but they have definitely appeared on the LeBron jerseys sold by MeiGray/NBA Auctions. Clearly, they are on more than the LeBron jerseys that go to MeiGray, though. Jarrod stated that it is a fact that they are not on all LeBron jerseys, so I hope he will post here to show photo-evidence or tell us how he knows this to be the case. Interesting stuff. Thanks for your posts.

kingjammy24
05-26-2009, 09:37 AM
Texans ... great photos. I was told that the Cavs started putting this patch on LeBron's jerseys in 06/07. This person did not say they were limited to MeiGray jerseys, but they have definitely appeared on the LeBron jerseys sold by MeiGray/NBA Auctions. Clearly, they are on more than the LeBron jerseys that go to MeiGray, though. Jarrod stated that it is a fact that they are not on all LeBron jerseys, so I hope he will post here to show photo-evidence or tell us how he knows this to be the case. Interesting stuff. Thanks for your posts.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=12721

rudy.

sportscentury
05-26-2009, 10:01 AM
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=12721

rudy.

Thanks, Rudy. I had never seen this thread. Well, this shows that the Cavs definitely started adding this patch before the 2007-08 season, which supports what I was told. It also supports what I was told about the patch only being applied to LeBron's jerseys. I understand that this was done to prevent fraud (i.e., game issues being passed off as game worns, as we have seen so much of on eBay), something I imagine is much less of a concern regarding other Cavs players' jerseys. I look forward to Jarrod's next post. It sounds like he knows more about this. Perhaps Barry was able to find out more about this LeBron-specific tagging, as well. Great pics, Rudy ... thanks.

sportscentury
05-26-2009, 10:38 AM
P.S. We should be grateful that the special Cavs tag is not applied to any other player's jerseys. This would provide frauds with the ability to switch the tags from the common players to LeBron's game issues.

murfsteve25
11-17-2009, 09:23 PM
josportsco-Thanks,it's just funny when people say how tough a gamer is to find of some players,and that they (the player)claim they don't give them up,but yet they still find thier way to the market.Like barry bonds,he said he never gives up his game used items,but you still see them.In fact i remember watching the story on espn where he said that,when they were doing some show following him.And they showed him in like a storage room full of game used items as he labled a uniform from the days previuos game and put it in a contaner and put it on a shelf and he said "that he always keeps them".

I would be interested in taking a peek at the ESPN story just to see what Barry's got going on and what kind of system he uses to keep track of his stuff. Anyone know if this story can be found easily online? I tried youtube but no luck.