PDA

View Full Version : OT: Who's collection would you want?

joelsabi
05-24-2009, 04:46 PM
If you had to chose one collection, outside of your niche, from all the GUU members to collect which one would you choose. and why.

I like Scott's Japanese bat collection. I am far from a bat expert. It has nice variety bat brands and great selection of possible items to add to his collection. Its just an awesome theme.

The only problem for me is its way out of my price range. :D

Vintagedeputy
05-24-2009, 06:11 PM
I want Andrew Lang's collection! He has some great Nats stuff!

both-teams-played-hard
05-24-2009, 06:27 PM
Easy question. Legend33 (Alberto's) hoop collection.

markize
05-24-2009, 06:44 PM
I want Andrew Lang's collection! He has some great Nats stuff!

Easy now Jim!! I'll fight you for it. well at least the soriano gamers, you can have the rest.

If I was going to collect something completely different, I would want a collection of helmets I would expect Robert (aeneas) to have.

mark

reed1216
05-24-2009, 07:01 PM
Personally, I like my own collection. There are plenty of collections out there with items of far greater monetary value than what I own. However, the chase is such a thrill when building a collection and I've enjoyed building mine a lot...

With that said, if I have to choose someone else's collection, it would be Roger Gibson's collection of NFL stuff. Outside of Canton, I can not imagine a more comprehensive collection of outstanding NFL jerseys and equipment.

metsbats
05-24-2009, 09:38 PM
For me it has to be my friend and fellow collector Andy Fogel's collection.

Andy is the Godfather of Met collectors!

allstarsplus
05-24-2009, 09:43 PM
I would want Howard Wolf's Mark McGwire collection!!!

allstarsplus
05-24-2009, 09:45 PM
and Rob Steinmetz's wall displays cabinets as they are what I eventually want to display my stuff.....and of course the Pujols items too. ;)

grenda12
05-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Oh this is an easy one for me, hands down.

*INSERT HINT HERE* Id want soxwins Pierzynski collection.

jetersbatboy
05-24-2009, 09:59 PM
Joel,
Thanks for the kind words! If I could have someones collection it would have to be Bert Shoremen44. I have always wanted a phat Albert bat, and he has a few awesome ones. Not to mention his MLB auth Helmet

mr.miracle
06-13-2009, 02:32 PM
I would want Howard Wolf's Mark McGwire collection!!!

Its a close tie but either Andrew Lang's collection or Howards Mark McGwire collection. Both are spectacular.

otismalibu
06-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Easy question. Legend33 (Alberto's) hoop collection.

Ditto that.

bigtruck260
06-13-2009, 03:25 PM
In this order:

Jeff Scott's (Birdbats) 2006 portion
Rob Steinmetz's Cardinals stuff
Bert (Shoreman44) Incredible Pujols collection. Incredible.
DonTheLegend - The Lankford Gallery
Andrew Lang's (Allstarsplus) - Big Mac stuff
Redbird64's - early-mid 1980's Cards jerseys
Jason (Stlbats) - More great cards bats
Jolan C - A few of his are on my list of things needed...
Billy Underwood - Edmonds. Edmonds. Edmonds.

Woodbat has the biggest Cards bat collection ever - but there is not enough room in my house for 600 bats!

I know all of these guys really well (sans Rob) and they are all first class people...I'm sure Rob fits that bill too.

Slugger33
06-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Jose Canseco's Collection!!!!!!

www.canseco33.webs.com (http://www.canseco33.webs.com)

larry bourget
06-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Barry Halper's Collection.

LB

gannonknight85
06-13-2009, 06:02 PM
If I could just have a collection and not have to finance it, this is easy for me. I would love to have Museoven's collection, everything he posts, I am instantly jealous of and envy the funds to purchase and the ability to find those great items.:rolleyes:

JasonBanz
06-13-2009, 06:06 PM
I would definatly want Roger Gibson's collection. He has the greatest collection of NFL stuff I have ever seen. I could only hope that one day my collection will be half as good as his!

mr.miracle
06-13-2009, 06:10 PM
I would select in retrospect the MLB HOF's total collection. I know it is not a person's but it is a place. They have a fairly nice collection from what I hear. :rolleyes:

JasonBanz
06-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Well mr.miracle. If your gonna use that. I'd say I'll take the NFL Hall of Fame's collection. :D

scottanservitz
06-13-2009, 09:32 PM
I'd have to say Roger's NFL collection. Not just for the pieces themselves, but the amount of energy and time he puts into each piece to make sure it is what it is supposed to be. Very meticulous and something I have begun to base my collecting on. Just awesome.

Scott

MUSEOVEN
06-15-2009, 09:32 AM
If I could just have a collection and not have to finance it, this is easy for me. I would love to have Museoven's collection, everything he posts, I am instantly jealous of and envy the funds to purchase and the ability to find those great items.:rolleyes:
THANKS ;)

kakarothusain
06-25-2009, 03:06 AM
As i am a very big fan of Roger Gibson therefore i want collection of him but it is not that easy to get his collection in my country..http://www.pppcm.com/138l1292.jpg

nickacs
06-25-2009, 01:35 PM
I would want hands down 'Exquisite613' (aka 'jtnbafan' from the Meigray NBA auctions) because he has every NBA Finals, All-Star and other "one off"/special night jerseys for NBA from the last several years.
And of course he has tons of 80's/90's NBA jerseys by the top athletes, Magic, Bird, Jordan, etc.

Someday, someday.... :cool: