PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Rememberance

Capital-Sports
05-24-2009, 10:04 AM
Well since its "officially" Memorial Day where I am (on vacation) I'd like to take this time to remember a few buddies who gave their lives for the ultimate sacrifice.

OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM (UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS)

Sgt Aldrich
Cpl Parcell
Cpl Haynes
Cpl Lee
Cpl Wyatt
Lcpl Cayer

Semper Fidelis Marines!

joelsabi
05-24-2009, 11:20 AM
i came across this website when search for baseball players who served our country.

http://www.baseballinwartime.com

Capital-Sports
05-25-2009, 09:07 AM
Bumping this since its now Memorial Day in the U.S.

allstarsplus
05-25-2009, 09:53 AM
i came across this website when search for baseball players who served our country.

http://www.baseballinwartime.com

For a day when so many are enjoying the day off, it is good to remember the true meaning of the day and thank those who served our great country and gave the ultimate sacrifice.

Bob Feller threw out the 1st pitch yesterday at the Washington Nationals game.

In the Post-Game radio show they talked about the big 3 that served many years in World War II Feller, Hank Greenberg, and Ted Williams who are prominently mentioned on the homepage of the website you referenced.

What was discussed was the milestones these 3 missed in their baseball careers:

Bob Feller would have won 350 games
Hank Greenberg would have hit 500 HRs
Ted Williams would have hit in the upper 600 in HRs and these radio guys think he could have made a run at 700 HRs.

allstarsplus
05-25-2009, 10:45 AM
Bob Feller yesterday!

Dewey2007
05-25-2009, 11:15 AM
Don't forget that Teddy Ballgame also served his country during the Korean War as well.

For a day when so many are enjoying the day off, it is good to remember the true meaning of the day and thank those who served our great country and gave the ultimate sacrifice.

Bob Feller threw out the 1st pitch yesterday at the Washington Nationals game.

In the Post-Game radio show they talked about the big 3 that served many years in World War II Feller, Hank Greenberg, and Ted Williams who are prominently mentioned on the homepage of the website you referenced.

What was discussed was the milestones these 3 missed in their baseball careers:

Bob Feller would have won 350 games
Hank Greenberg would have hit 500 HRs
Ted Williams would have hit in the upper 600 in HRs and these radio guys think he could have made a run at 700 HRs.

BaseballGM
05-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Great time at the park yesterday.

allstarsplus
05-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Great time at the park yesterday.

Kevin - Nice pics!!! Don't forget to email/call about the Jordan Zimmermann items.

Don't forget that Teddy Ballgame also served his country during the Korean War as well.

Absolutely. My father is a veteran of the Korean War too.

both-teams-played-hard
05-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Thanks to all the men and women who have died defending my country. Thanks to all of their families for their sacrifices. I admit, I never have had and do not have the guts to serve in the military.
Thank-you and God bless the United States of America.