PDA

View Full Version : Lester Hayes Oakland Raiders Cleats

Dewey2007
05-24-2009, 12:06 AM
I am selling a pair of cleats worn by former Oakland/LA Raiders great Lester Hayes. I acquired these cleats during the 1982 season directly from Hayes at the Raiders practice facility in my hometown of Alameda, CA. Even though they had become the L.A. Raiders in 1982 they still practiced in Alameda that year and I used to go to their practice facility to get autographs.

As far as I can tell these were worn in practice due to the numbers on the back of each cleat but are probably recycled gamers. The cleats show nice wear throughout. The only other pair of Hayes cleats I have seen are an exact style pair sold by AMI a few year back. Hayes wore these soccer style model cleats for 3-4 years. I have style matched them to the 1982 season as can be seen in the attached pictures. There are a few other pics on Getty of Hayes wearing this same style cleat in later years.

Asking $350 for this rare pair of cleats worn by the 2-time Super Bowl Champion, 5-time Pro Bowl, and 1980 Defensive Player of the Year. Please add $10 for shipping. I can provide more detailed pics upon request. If you are interested and/or have additional questions please feel free to email me at: deweystg@berkeley.edu. Thanks for looking!