PDA

View Full Version : JO Sports.........

DoctorLoomis
05-21-2009, 03:02 PM
A few weeks ago I visited a company named JO Sports that is located in Las Vegas, Nevada. JO Sports, I believe, has contracts with a few NFL teams and is a seller of game used NFL jerseys. I met the owner, Jarrod Oldridge, and a few of his employees that day. He and his employees were extremely friendly and very knowledgeable. The inventory of jerseys that JO has is nothing short of incredible. I can also tell you from my personal opinion that the merchandise that JO Sports sells is the real deal. I would recommend JO Sports to anyone looking to purchase legitimate game used NFL merchandise.

PK
05-21-2009, 04:04 PM
They do have some great inventory but thier prices seem a little on the high side

trsent
05-21-2009, 04:22 PM
They do have some great inventory but thier prices seem a little on the high side

Some people will pay the price for properly certified memorabilia.

DoctorLoomis
05-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Further, Jarrod showed me several shirts that could EASILY be sold on the open market as gamers. However he knows they are bad in some way or another and chooses not to sell them to some unsuspecting or uneducated buyer. That, in this hobby, is definitely an indicator of high character.

PK
05-21-2009, 06:57 PM
I'm just sayin' - Take the new Saints stuff. $1500 for a Devery Henderson when last year the Saints were selling his direct(same that JO now has) for under $800 and his NFL Europe opening game last year with patch and NFL Auctions LOA went for $750

kingjammy24
05-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Further, Jarrod showed me several shirts that could EASILY be sold on the open market as gamers. However he knows they are bad in some way or another and chooses not to sell them to some unsuspecting or uneducated buyer. That, in this hobby, is definitely an indicator of high character.

clearly jarrod is a man to the manner born. i like to think there is a special place in heaven for people who don't commit fraud.

yesterday as the valet returned my car, i told him he was a saint for not carjacking me.

rudy.

UGA-1
05-21-2009, 07:08 PM
JO Sports is a class act all the way. They do things the right way. In todays market, I will pay a little more for that kind of service and quaility product. PLUS , they do not use any silly grade scale.:rolleyes: They just get the real deal and pass it on. We really need to support guys like them.

rose14
05-22-2009, 08:32 AM
Lord, here we go again!!!

Mauer7
05-22-2009, 09:09 AM
I agree with Canseco. Who else does?

mvandor
05-22-2009, 09:22 AM
I'm not into lynch mobs, but Joel must be aware he's become the resident forum contrarian, doing little but stirring up dissension and argument where it's neither necessary or productive.

saftey45
05-22-2009, 02:54 PM
This company does not know the definition of honor or customer service. Just my opinion from the last deal I will have with them. mike hinkel - saftey45@yahoo.com

josportsco
05-22-2009, 04:36 PM
Thank you to everyone for the kind words. We are building a game worn business where collectors can go to purchase equipment of their favorite player and/or team. We try to get everything we can unwashed and with team or player paperwork, so you the collector can have the fun matching your jersey with as many photos you can of the particular game(s). As for pricing, I do not believe we are high. I believe you pay a premium for quality, non questionable game worn memorabilia. If there is any arguement regarding prices we should argue why these auction house continue to auction these horrible game cut jerseys as game worn graded A5-A7!!
As for you Mike, you make this sound like we are horrible when I explained to you the jersey that you were looking at online was priced wrong. Honestly, if you are that bent out of shape about this I will sell it to you for the mistake pricing we listed it for. The price it is listed for now is my buy price. If you are upset that we could not honor our listing price on a jersey that was priced wrong, why are you not upset regarding the Cedric Benson jersey that we spent days negotiating with you and you proceeded to tell one of my employees that you are going to purchase the jersey, then not purchase it! I will take a $1500 hit just so I know you feel better about us. If you want to discuss this any further feel free to email me at jarrod@josportsco.com

Thank you

34swtns
05-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Jarrod and Brian at JO have both been nothing but perfect gentlemen and honorable businessmen inasmuch as the two deals I've had with them will attest and I know other Bears collectors who will say the same thing. The last jersey I purchased from them was the orange '07 Bernard Berrian and I couldn't be happier with it or the way I was treated by these gentlemen.
I highly recommend their company.

trsent
05-22-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm not into lynch mobs, but Joel must be aware he's become the resident forum contrarian, doing little but stirring up dissension and argument where it's neither necessary or productive.

Rudy's post about fraud has nothing to do with the praise about JO Sports.

So, my post was removed - MODERATOR - Why did all posts after my post not get removed? If you are going to edit a thread - Please edit it so that the insulting rebuttals are removed also to be fair.

cordovacollector
05-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Oh, Rudy! I always liked that name because of the movie. But now you are one of my heroes!

reed1216
05-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Just for the record, I have purchased two Bears gamers (an orange Tommie Harris and a blue Cedric Benson) that originated from JO Sports. I bought the Benson through GUU auction and the Harris from JO Sports, directly. Both jerseys were easily photomatched and just as described. Although the Benson went for significantly less than the other Benson jerseys on their site, the Harris was fairly pricey. I am VERY happy with both jerseys and although the Harris carried a premium, it's worth every penny to me.

I also want to credit JO Sports further for their customer service. I had commited to purchasing one of their 2007 Urlacher jerseys and had to back out due to a lack of funds. After communicating that to them, via email, I received a response that was friendly and supportive. While many dealers might have expressed frustration, JO Sports treated me with respect and dignity, despite the inconvenience I caused them.

I think there's plenty of room to compliment good sellers. It's unfortunate that people get cynical when collectors praise dealers for serving their customers. As far as I'm concerned, that's a sad commentary on the state of the hobby. I'd rather praise good, honest dealers until I'm blue in the face so companies like these succeed. Hopefully, small actions like this will go a long way toward prompting other dealers and auction houses to change to a more honest, customer friendly approach to business.

reed1216
05-22-2009, 08:15 PM
safety45- I could be mistaken, but didn't you post a Jim McMahon jersey for sale here about a year ago?? If so, I think I recall that several of my email inquiries were ignored for weeks. Before you are critical of the business practices of others, you might want to look in the mirror.

reed1216
05-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Nope, I wasn't mistaken. Here's a link to the thread I had mentioned. It starts at the second page and the remaining posts on the thread can be viewed by scrolling back to page 1....
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=12883&page=2

34swtns
05-22-2009, 09:20 PM
reed1216, be thankful you didn't get a reply about that McMahon.
It's a retail authentic and not a gamer.

Once again.........check the nameplate for space between the "Mc" and "Mahon". Here's a real gamer:

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i56/34swtns/th_100_1927.jpg (http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i56/34swtns/?action=view&current=100_1927.jpg)

And Jim very rarely cut his sleeves short. Most of the time he simply tucked them underneath his pads. Sometimes he had the underside sleeve seams split before he wore the jersey if the sleeves were too tight to aid in the tucking but mostly he just tucked them.

34swtns
05-22-2009, 09:25 PM
i can only imagine what chris cavalier's poor inbox must look like..rudy.

4 words........ hil......lar....ri....ous.

Comedy gold.

reed1216
05-22-2009, 09:29 PM
34swtns- I guess I would have gotten burned on that one. I feel sorry for the person who did end up buying it, assuming what you're saying is correct. It's still frustrating to see someone complain about a dealer, when they have neglected to respond to perspective buyers themselves. Plus, if you reviewed the thread, he raised the price from $1200 to $1500 as soon as there was some interest in the jersey. The fact that the McMahon jersey we're discussing is believed to be a fake was also sold by the same person that is critical of JO Sports is interesting, to say the least.

BTW, great score on the orange Berrian. I was checking that one out for quite some time, prior to it being purchased.

TriplexXxSports
05-23-2009, 05:51 AM
I have dealt with JO Sports quite a bit over the last year or so. I had purchased my Matt Forte Tulane jersey from them last year, which can be seen at the beginning of this thread....

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=25782

Jarrod and Brian were absolutely outstanding to work with! Some of you folks might say that their prices are a little on the high side, and sure, maybe they are. But, as someone else said, I am more than happy to pay a little bit more for that type of service.

There items are spot on with their descriptions, most of them are UNWASHED, and you know that what you get from them is the real deal!

Here's a little story to read while you enjoy your morning coffee.....

Since I had purchased that Tulane jersey I have been working on obtaining a team uniform for a friend of mine. I contacted JO Sports back in Nov. or Dec, asking what they could do.

My emails were answered promptly, and Jarrod did not feed me any BS. He said that he would see what he could do for me, and let me know when he hears something.

Low and behold, I got that email! They went through the trouble of getting me the exact uniform that we had inquired about. Now here is where I will praise the hell out of Jarrod, Brian, and JO Sports.....

My friend who asked for the uniform lost his job at our local auto plant b/c of this economy so he backed out last minute on the sale. I explained to Jarrod that this leaves me in a situation where I had to buy this for myself, but I too have struggled in the cash department b/c of the economy.

I had explained that I did not have the cash up front and that I would need to make payments since it is a high dollar item. Jarrod was very respectful of my situation and has agreed to some conditions that are probably not their standard payment plans. I CANNOT THANK HIM ENOUGH!

Customer service like this is few and far between these days. That fact that you can deal directly with the bigwigs at a company, instead of a bimbo on the phone, is 2nd to none! The fact that they will work with you, even though we are all suffering from the economy, shows a character depth that you will not find anywhere else!

I apologize about the book but I could go on for days about JO Sports!

To Jarrod and Brian - THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

To all who are interested in true game worn gear, I recommended these guys over anyone else in the business!!

And BTW - HANDS OF MY URLACHER PEOPLE! ITS MINE!:D

Mr.3000
05-23-2009, 06:25 AM
Great story TriplexxxSports.

I'm actually glad to hear that I am not the only one that has to buy on the old "payment plan" when purchasing some items. The economy is bad, and it's great to know that there are sellers out there that are willing to deal with those that may not be able to drop x amount od cash in one shot. I'm even lower in the food chain than most. I'm a stay at home dad who simply loves baseball. I would love to pick up an item or two...over time (still looking to make my very first game used purchase)...but it's hard to find sellers who will actually work with me on any type of payment plan. Not their fault, money is money. I understand that.

Anyway...

Kudas to those sellers who are willing to work outside the norm to help other collectors out. :D

TriplexXxSports
05-23-2009, 06:52 AM
Great story TriplexxxSports.

I'm actually glad to hear that I am not the only one that has to buy on the old "payment plan" when purchasing some items. The economy is bad, and it's great to know that there are sellers out there that are willing to deal with those that may not be able to drop x amount od cash in one shot. I'm even lower in the food chain than most. I'm a stay at home dad who simply loves baseball. I would love to pick up an item or two...over time (still looking to make my very first game used purchase)...but it's hard to find sellers who will actually work with me on any type of payment plan. Not their fault, money is money. I understand that.

Anyway...

Kudas to those sellers who are willing to work outside the norm to help other collectors out. :D

It is great to have companies like this, at least for NFL collectors. I wonder if we could all talk JO Sports into dealing with MLB teams. I know they dabble a little in NBA, or at least O.J. Mayo, but to broaden their horizons and expand to other professional sports, they could 'own' the game used market!

Jarrod - Any thoughts on expanding to other sports?

500goals
05-23-2009, 10:14 AM
I am a game worn hockey collector who has steered clear of football for a long time because of all of the fake stuff. I have always wanted game worn Raiders items. Thanks to a certain member of this forum I did not get stuck with a few bad items from Mastro. I have bought 2 amazing items from JO and could not be happier. I for one am willing to pay more to know the stuff is "real". R

Neely8
05-23-2009, 11:13 AM
This company does not know the definition of honor or customer service. Just my opinion from the last deal I will have with them. mike hinkel - saftey45@yahoo.com

Honor? That's hysterical coming from you. How fast you forget the time you majorly jerked me around when you posted a want ad and agreed to buy a jersey I offered and pay with a money order. You then sent a personal check anyway and put a stop payment on it for no apparent reason which caused me all kind of bank fees as a result. I don't think you have any room to talk about other people judging by how you operate.

josportsco
05-25-2009, 12:29 AM
It is great to have companies like this, at least for NFL collectors. I wonder if we could all talk JO Sports into dealing with MLB teams. I know they dabble a little in NBA, or at least O.J. Mayo, but to broaden their horizons and expand to other professional sports, they could 'own' the game used market!

Jarrod - Any thoughts on expanding to other sports?

Thank you for the comments. Everyone including us are directly affected by our economic times. We try our best to accomidate everyone in ways we can. Your gonna love your uniform coming soon. As for other sports we are looking into it. Alot of collectors who question our prices do not realize how expensive the team/player deals and operations are. We are trying our best to offer affordable pricing. I have not announced it quite yet but we are adding a good number of NFL teams to our business. You can view a couple of the new teams on our website, but more to come very soon. We have spoken to half a dozen other teams in other sports but nothing materialize as of yet.