PDA

View Full Version : The best mailday of my life!!!

Yankeesfan09
05-20-2009, 09:27 AM
I had the best mailday of my life yesterday and have landed my " holy grail " of memorabilia. I am a HUGE JJ Redick fan and have been following him since day 1 at Duke. Well yesterday I received a JJ Redick game worn autographed home jersey from the 2007-08 season. I will have pics up as soon as I can get them. I'm just still really excited to have landed a gamer of my favorite basketball player! :D

jonincleve
05-20-2009, 10:27 AM
congrats on the jersey! we need to see photos......no photos it didn't happen :)

take care
john

joelsabi
05-20-2009, 10:34 AM
congrats on the jersey! we need to see photos......no photos it didn't happen :)

take care
john

If a package falls on the porch and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound? :D

BergerKing22784
05-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Congrats on the pickup but as a Maryland fan I have to start the chant

F.U JJ! F.U. JJ! F.U. JJ!

Come on Andrew I know you want to join haha

Yankeesfan09
05-20-2009, 10:59 AM
A package does make a sound! Pics coming up in a minute. :D

Yankeesfan09
05-20-2009, 11:19 AM
Sorry for the delay but the wi-fi connection I'm using sucks. Anyways, heres a few pics I took real quick at work. I will get better ones up later. Thanks!

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss240/JoeTorreCollector/018.jpg

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss240/JoeTorreCollector/021.jpg

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss240/JoeTorreCollector/022.jpg

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss240/JoeTorreCollector/023.jpg

joelsabi
05-20-2009, 11:26 AM
[QUOTE=Yankeesfan09;141531]Sorry for the delay but the wi-fi connection I'm using sucks. Anyways, heres a few pics I took real quick at work. I will get better ones up later. Thanks!QUOTE]

lower the volume. sweet. :D

sportscentury
05-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Congrats on the pickup but as a Maryland fan I have to start the chant

F.U JJ! F.U. JJ! F.U. JJ!

Come on Andrew I know you want to join haha

Yes, Maryland fans are well-known for their clever chants.

sportscentury
05-20-2009, 12:18 PM
I had the best mailday of my life yesterday and have landed my " holy grail " of memorabilia. I am a HUGE JJ Redick fan and have been following him since day 1 at Duke. Well yesterday I received a JJ Redick game worn autographed home jersey from the 2007-08 season. I will have pics up as soon as I can get them. I'm just still really excited to have landed a gamer of my favorite basketball player! :D

Is the jersey game worn? Tell use more about it. Looks like a nice piece. I wish I had known of you several months back when I sold my photo-matched pair of JJ's shoes from his junior year at Duke. I hope JJ can get onto a team where he can get some steady playing time. If you have a moment, I'd love to see photos of any JJ game worn Duke items you may have.

orioles03
05-20-2009, 03:30 PM
maryland duke games some of the best college basketball games i have ever been to i go every year at college park fun times

Yankeesfan09
05-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Is the jersey game worn? Tell use more about it. Looks like a nice piece. I wish I had known of you several months back when I sold my photo-matched pair of JJ's shoes from his junior year at Duke. I hope JJ can get onto a team where he can get some steady playing time. If you have a moment, I'd love to see photos of any JJ game worn Duke items you may have.

Thanks for the comments everyone. That picture is to funny. I wish I had have known about this site to. Do you still have a pic of the shoes? Do you mind if I ask how much you sold them for? I would love to have taken them off of your hands! Unfortunately this is the only Redick game worn item, but hopefully not my last!

sportscentury
05-21-2009, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone. That picture is to funny. I wish I had have known about this site to. Do you still have a pic of the shoes? Do you mind if I ask how much you sold them for? I would love to have taken them off of your hands! Unfortunately this is the only Redick game worn item, but hopefully not my last!

They sold for somewhere between $550 and $600 ... I don't remember the exact dollar amount. I'm sorry, I don't have the photos any longer. I get high-quality Duke game worn items from time to time, but they typically sell quickly.

Yankeesfan09
05-21-2009, 01:57 PM
They sold for somewhere between $550 and $600 ... I don't remember the exact dollar amount. I'm sorry, I don't have the photos any longer. I get high-quality Duke game worn items from time to time, but they typically sell quickly.

Thats no problem, I would have loved to have won those from you! Do you have any other current / former Duke game worn items? I just got in a Shelden Williams Game Worn Timberwolves shooting shirt today. I will post some pics later.

jayt1234
05-21-2009, 02:22 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/JJ-REDICK-Magic-Game-Worn-Used-Signed-Shooting-Shirt-7_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50135QQihZ015QQitemZ2 50427355856QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVWQQsalenotsupport ed

Not sure if you saw this.

Jay

sportscentury
05-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Thats no problem, I would have loved to have won those from you! Do you have any other current / former Duke game worn items? I just got in a Shelden Williams Game Worn Timberwolves shooting shirt today. I will post some pics later.

Email me at rgf2@hotmail.com if you like.

Also, the item posted by jayt1234 in the last post looks good to me (and it looks like you can get it for a good price).

roygrady
05-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Nice jersey!

BaseballGM
05-21-2009, 07:56 PM
Nice pick up. I've followed the Magic for the last 5 years or so and JJ doesn't seem to get enough playing time. Why he re-signed with the team surprised me as I think coach has him tied to the bench.

Always good to read about a happy collector.

sportscentury
05-21-2009, 08:39 PM
JJ doesn't seem to get enough playing time. Why he re-signed with the team surprised me as I think coach has him tied to the bench.

+1

sportscentury
05-22-2009, 10:32 AM
Yankeesfan09 -- You may want to contact Barry Meisel at MeiGray to see if they are getting any of the Magic's jerseys from the playoffs or Finals (if they make the Finals). Rumor has it that they are getting the the NBA Finals jerseys (I say rumor because I heard this from one of my NBA contacts, not from Barry directly). It is worth a query. Be sure to share what you find out here on GUU.

Yankeesfan09
05-22-2009, 10:59 AM
Yankeesfan09 -- You may want to contact Barry Meisel at MeiGray to see if they are getting any of the Magic's jerseys from the playoffs or Finals (if they make the Finals). Rumor has it that they are getting the the NBA Finals jerseys (I say rumor because I heard this from one of my NBA contacts, not from Barry directly). It is worth a query. Be sure to share what you find out here on GUU.

Thanks for the info! Can I get his contact info off of their website? Also, do you have a web site of your own? That would be so cool to say I have an NBA contact, lol. Are you a dealer sportscentury? Sorry for the questions if they seem dumb, but I am still very new to the site and very new to this side of collecting. Thanks again for all your help!

sportscentury
05-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the info! Can I get his contact info off of their website? Also, do you have a web site of your own? That would be so cool to say I have an NBA contact, lol. Are you a dealer sportscentury? Sorry for the questions if they seem dumb, but I am still very new to the site and very new to this side of collecting. Thanks again for all your help!

Barry's email is sales@meigray.com. Yes, you can get his contact information from his website (meigray.com).

I do not have a website. I do not work for the NBA, nor does MeiGray. I am not a dealer, just a collector like yourself.

Yankeesfan09
05-22-2009, 11:46 AM
Barry's email is sales@meigray.com. Yes, you can get his contact information from his website (meigray.com).

I do not have a website. I do not work for the NBA, nor does MeiGray. I am not a dealer, just a collector like yourself.

Cool, thanks sportscentury! I will send him an email in a bit and definetly let you know what he says. Do you collect just NBA game worn items or all sports?

both-teams-played-hard
05-22-2009, 11:53 AM
maryland duke games some of the best college basketball games i have ever been to i go every year at college park fun times
Isn't it funny that Maryland considers Duke their biggest rival? Something tells me that Duke doesn't feel the same way.:)

I honestly believe J.J. is the greatest pure shooter in the history of basketball at any level. I have been following the Orlando Magic religiously for the past 21 years (yes, before they ever played a game). I am superstitious and believe in jinxes and do not mention the Magic. Shhhhhhhhhhh.......

cordovacollector
05-22-2009, 07:30 PM
There is a JJ signed lot in the current Hunt auction - #408.

sportscentury
05-22-2009, 10:20 PM
Isn't it funny that Maryland considers Duke their biggest rival? Something tells me that Duke doesn't feel the same way.:)

:)