PDA

View Full Version : Error Bat makes the Washington Post!!!

allstarsplus
05-20-2009, 08:15 AM
This is Jordan Zimmermann's 1st bat he used in his Nationals career. He cracked the bat in his 2nd game which also raised his record to 2-0 vs. the Mets.

They spelled his name wrong as he has 2 "N's" in his last name so he took a Sharpie and added the 2nd "N" himself. Z-I-M-M-E-R-M-A-N-N

Hologram number LH188371 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BROKEN BAT.
Session Product Description:
Session Name: WSH AT NYM
Session Date: April 26, 2009
Autographer:
Authenticator:AUTHENTICATORS, INC
Additional Information: ZIMMERMANN - NATIONALS

So MY bat made yesterday's Washington Post. I guess after the whole
NATINALS jersey mess-up, this "error" bat became a big deal.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2009/05/nats_bats_also_feature_spellin.html

AWA85
05-20-2009, 08:34 AM
Pretty cool having your bat in the paper, congrats.

I laugh every time I see that picture of Dunn. Does anybody else think he looks a lot like Will Ferrell?

joelsabi
05-20-2009, 08:39 AM
So MY bat made yesterday's Washington Post. I guess after the whole
NATINALS jersey mess-up, this "error" bat became a big deal.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2009/05/nats_bats_also_feature_spellin.html

andrew,

is that a silent auction event? looks like miss district of colombia in the photo also. :cool:

corsairs22
05-20-2009, 08:41 AM

I laugh every time I see that picture of Dunn. Does anybody else think he looks a lot like Will Ferrell?

yes

allstarsplus
05-20-2009, 08:49 AM
andrew,

is that a silent auction event? looks like miss district of colombia in the photo also. :cool:

The jersey was sold actually in the LIVE auction and went for $8,500 (no buyer's premium).

And yes, that is Miss DC, Kate Marie Grinold who is a friend of ours and a big Nats fan so she volunteered to assist in the Live auction portion.

Here is Kate Marie and my wife with the Dunn NATINALS jersey on the back of KMG's chair----I should have snatched it!!!!

tigerdale
05-20-2009, 09:07 AM
very cool!!! a photo photo match!!!

Vintagedeputy
05-20-2009, 09:22 AM
I wuld lik 2 appli 4 da ofishel job of speelchekr for the Natinals. Looks lik dey neeed sum help.

:)

rj_lucas
05-20-2009, 10:40 AM

Makes sense. Farrell has a movie coming out this summer called 'Land of the Lost', which I believe is also the unofficial slogan for Nationals Park :D

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

AWA85
05-20-2009, 12:27 PM
I wuld lik 2 appli 4 da ofishel job of speelchekr for the Natinals. Looks lik dey neeed sum help.

:)

:D haha, choked on my lunch there.

mdube16
05-20-2009, 01:36 PM
Also made a yahoo baseball front page blog...take a look!

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Fashion-Ump-The-world-s-first-baseball-blog-tat;_ylt=AriIY3UlZ1HgOFVOrZXye3wRvLYF?urn=mlb,1644 32

Vintagedeputy
05-20-2009, 01:37 PM
:D haha, choked on my lunch there.

Wy? Didd I sey sumpin funy? :)

allstarsplus
05-20-2009, 02:15 PM
Also made a yahoo baseball front page blog...take a look!

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Fashion-Ump-The-world-s-first-baseball-blog-tat;_ylt=AriIY3UlZ1HgOFVOrZXye3wRvLYF?urn=mlb,1644 32

Thanks. It is on the front page of most of the local Natinals blogs too.

I got a call for an interview about the bat from one of the local news stations.

I didn't think it was a big deal when I got the bat, but guess when the Washington Post does a story on it, then it becomes big news.

The cool thing for me about the bat is that it is MLB holo'd and this Rookie's 1st MLB bat. The missing -N- has just been a bonus with all the media coverage!

cordovacollector
05-20-2009, 03:29 PM
I wuld lik 2 appli 4 da ofishel job of speelchekr for the Natinals. Looks lik dey neeed sum help. :)

Sorri, Depady. I have a lok on thet job cuz I reely wuz a booke edidor. :cool:

cordovacollector
05-20-2009, 03:30 PM
PS VERY cool on making the newspaper!

BaseballGM
05-21-2009, 06:13 AM
Thanks. It is on the front page of most of the local Natinals blogs too.

I got a call for an interview about the bat from one of the local news stations.

I didn't think it was a big deal when I got the bat, but guess when the Washington Post does a story on it, then it becomes big news.

The cool thing for me about the bat is that it is MLB holo'd and this Rookie's 1st MLB bat. The missing -N- has just been a bonus with all the media coverage!

Nice pick up - how did you obtain such a great bat?

allstarsplus
05-21-2009, 07:00 AM
Nice pick up - how did you obtain such a great bat?

I took part in his 1st signing as a MLB player, and had been on the look out for anything game used of his. His 1st game was April 20th so not much out there.

His 1st 2 starts were both wins and I got 6 game used balls from each game.

1st start/1st win was against the Braves so I got from the Braves the lineup card. The Nats gave their lineup card to Jordan Zimmermann

2nd start/1st road win was against the Mets. I bought 6 balls that were pitched by Jordan Zimmermann from the Mets.

Hoping to get some jerseys, bats, cleats and batting gloves too!

allstarsplus
05-21-2009, 08:06 AM
Incorrect spelling on the lineup card that hung in the Visitor's dugout! LOL

BaseballGM
05-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Very nice stuff. Did you get a chance to ask JZimm if he collects?

allstarsplus
05-21-2009, 07:12 PM
Very nice stuff. Did you get a chance to ask JZimm if he collects?

Thanks!!!!

Great question. He did tell me he got his "home" lineup card from his 1st game/1st win. He also liked the photo that I got published thru PhotoFile and I gave him a bunch of those.

He is doing another signing in 3 weeks which I will be a part of and I will make sure to ask him about collecting.

roygrady
05-21-2009, 07:24 PM
Nice!

BaseballGM
05-22-2009, 03:44 PM
Thanks!!!!

Great question. He did tell me he got his "home" lineup card from his 1st game/1st win. He also liked the photo that I got published thru PhotoFile and I gave him a bunch of those.

He is doing another signing in 3 weeks which I will be a part of and I will make sure to ask him about collecting.

I have a couple of items to be signed if it works out. PLMK.

allstarsplus
05-22-2009, 06:47 PM
I have a couple of items to be signed if it works out. PLMK.

Absolutely. Send me an email or give me a call.

Email to info@AllstarsPlus.com

Thanks. Andrew

allstarsplus
05-25-2009, 04:54 PM
This comes from Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post's DC Sports Bog.

The incorrect spellings continue, and this time it is our Racing President - Teddy Roosevelt!

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2009/05/nationals_bobblehead_fail.html

Names have been spelled wrong on uniforms (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2009/04/nationals_uniform_fail.html). Names have been spelled wrong on bats (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2009/05/nats_bats_also_feature_spellin.html). So yeah, as an ironic nod to the past, the Nats will naturally stuff a few Rossevelt bobbleheads into their official merchandise emporiums, daring the world to think they're serious. They're not serious, world. They're just messing with you now.