PDA

View Full Version : gu aaron bat?

whoaholly
05-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Mike,
I would like to know how to verify if this is possibly a gu aaron bat? (see attached pix). I have a 1995 bat book on game bats for LS & Adirondak bats & it says that Aaron used a R43 bat with this length & weight. It is 35" long & weighs approx 33 oz. & I think this bat dates from the mid 60's to early 70's. Can I view the order records for Aaron or how is this info available?
Can you give me any info on this particular bat?
Thanks
Bert Muir

MSpecht
05-19-2009, 11:46 PM
Hi Bert---

From the pics (and without physical examination of the bat), the bat appears to be from the 1965-68 H & B label period. That being said, a review of Aaron;'s personal H & B records shows that no 35 inch model R43 bats were shipped to Aaron for his personal professional use after 1957, and only one order of any length R43 bats (34 inches) was shipped after that, in 1963. Remember that R43 is Aaron's pro stock model, which means that many R43 bats ordered by any team for use by any player in their organization, could have had Aaron's signature on them. Use the GUU "search" function to find a wealth of information about team index bats.

As far as Aaron's H & B records, they are available on the Game Used Library secrion of the GUU website (see the blue menu at the top of the page) , and accessible with a premium membership. Also, Vince Malta's recent book, which contains all the documented H & B records of each Hall of famer, is available on the GUU home page.

Good Luck in future collecting.

Mike jackitout7@aol.com

shoremen44
05-20-2009, 08:57 AM
Hi Bert... nice bat... Bert...lol