PDA

View Full Version : MLB hologram replacement

tkweinstein
05-19-2009, 09:35 AM
Does anyone know if MLB replaces damaged holograms? I attempted to slowly peel one off from a jersey though some of the residue remained on the fabric and the sticker now appears to have "bubbles" on it?

-Tom

Mauer7
05-19-2009, 10:18 AM
They are designed to do that. They will not replace it. Your supposed to leave them on the item.

tkweinstein
05-19-2009, 10:23 AM
My intention was to print out MLB's Authenticated database description of the item and place the sticker on it to have some sort of Letter of Authenticty to display next to the jersey. Is there someone I could contact from Major League Baseball as I am the original owner and have no problems verifying this with the invoice?

-Tom

the3lads
05-19-2009, 10:47 AM
So.... from the "bubbles" on the hologram, you can tell if an item has been tampered with? Always wondered what would happen if the MLB hologram was removed. Would this be the case with Steiner holograms also? A handy tip to know.

Mauer7
05-19-2009, 10:58 AM
The holograms are made to tear apart when tampered with, but if lightly abused, they can bubble so to speak. Most holograms in the sports memorabilia industry are made to do this.

emann
05-19-2009, 11:03 AM
So.... from the "bubbles" on the hologram, you can tell if an item has been tampered with? Always wondered what would happen if the MLB hologram was removed. Would this be the case with Steiner holograms also? A handy tip to know.

The Steiner ones pull little circles out of the sticker when removed (which can be cleaned off bats easily). I remove all the Steiner ones from bats if the bat has an MLB auth sticker on it also...

rj_lucas
05-19-2009, 11:05 AM
Try contacting customer support for the authentication group:

authentication@website.mlb.com

or 866-800-1275 (mlb.com, but should be able to get you to the right person).

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

Tay1038
05-19-2009, 12:11 PM
I've thought about this a few times meself. Some MLB reps just slap a sticker on there in the oddest place which make the display of the bat look like carp! I in particular hate when they have room to place a sticker under the knob and decide to just stick it on the barrel in a random place. Just my 2 cents.... :D

tkweinstein
05-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Try contacting customer support for the authentication group:

authentication@website.mlb.com

or 866-800-1275 (mlb.com, but should be able to get you to the right person).

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

I will contact them. Thank you for the information.

mattmueller
05-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Just an FYI, that is the customer service number for all of MLB.com. It routes to a call center in Manila. I have had to call it a handful of times in the last month to work out some mlb.tv billing issues. I have yet to find a representative who can even understand the most basic request or issue, and have yet to call when a supervisor who may be better equipped to understand a semi-complex situation (which I am sure authentication is) is available to talk to. Long story short, I'd call MLB's New York offices, 212-931-7800.

Cleanupman1645
05-12-2016, 03:15 PM
Any luck?