PDA

View Full Version : 1970s Cleveland Indians jersey..

33bird
05-19-2009, 08:59 AM
Always loved those Red Indians jerseys. Would love to have one of Boog, Oscar, or Eck. But would take a common too (doesn't have to be a red one either). LMK what you got. Thanks!

dcgreg25
05-19-2009, 09:05 AM
There was a really nice Eck jersey in the last Legendary Auctions. Unfortunately, I got outbid on it during extended bidding. I will keep my eyes open for one and let you know if I see any more.

TNTtoys
05-19-2009, 02:45 PM
I have a 1977 navy blue alternate Jeff Torborg Indians jersey -- I think it's also his rookie jersey. I hadn't given much thought to selling it because I too liked many of the old 70's and 80's styles. I bought his jersey specifically because he was a past manager of the Mets. If you're interested in this jersey, please feel free to shoot em an email -- TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

33bird
05-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Send me a picture of it, if possible. I might be. Thanks!

sox83cubs84
05-19-2009, 04:05 PM
Todd:

This is not a commentary on any jersey mentioned in this thread, but this style was recycled on the MLB level frequently, in terms of year(s) of usage, as well as NOB and # changes. Many examples a re nice quality, but others resemble many of the Twins gamers of the late 1970s. Nick's jersey does have that one unique aspect, being his first manager's jersey (he was a coach on the Tribe who replaced Frank Robinson after Robby was shown the door). Good luck searching!

Dave M.
Chicago area

TNTtoys
05-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Sorry, I did put that incorrectly -- course it's always a crap shoot when I am trying to respond while I am supposed to be focused on work!!!

My Torborg jersey was likely one of the jerseys he wore during his first year as the Indians manager, not as a player... as he never played for the tribe (thanks Dave).

beantown
05-19-2009, 05:07 PM
Fusco Auctions currently has this Red '70's Indians Gamer and several other styles of Indians jerseys...

http://www.artfact.com/auction-lot/1977-jim-kern-game-used-indians-jersey-144-c-ab8b6d1b87

33bird
05-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Thanks guys!

jonincleve
05-20-2009, 08:57 AM
please shoot me an email to compare notes. i say this with due respect ....damn you guys for 'outing' the jim kern jersey at fusco's. i saw that jersey 2 months ago and knew it was going into this auction :) here is a photo of my basement

take care
john

jonincleve@sbcglobal.net

Ozric
05-20-2009, 09:10 AM
please shoot me an email to compare notes. i say this with due respect ....damn you guys for 'outing' the jim kern jersey at fusco's. i saw that jersey 2 months ago and knew it was going into this auction :) here is a photo of my basement

take care
john

jonincleve@sbcglobal.net

Hey John... That was my sentiment exactly. I plan on attending this auction and bidding on this jersey. I have been going to Paul's auctions for years and he has always been our local secret for a long time regarding a solid place to find great Browns and Tribe gear... I picked up my Kosar, Price, Olin, and a number of other jerseys from him in the past. I'm sure that I will see you there.

dcgreg25
05-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Ozric and John, unfortunately I will not be able to attend but will be participating online...we should consider comparing notes on these. Drop me an email at gregguy@hotmail.com if you want to discuss.

33bird
05-31-2009, 01:16 PM
I picked up the Kern red Indians jersey is a round about way. Worked a deal with the seller on ebay after the Fusco auction. Should have it this week. Thanks guys! If you ever want to sell the Buddy Bell jersey let me know. I found a nice photo of it too. Here's the Kern jersey (all-star that year), and the Bell photo, and the 77 Indians team picture.