PDA

View Full Version : B-E Collectibles

FastLane80
05-18-2009, 03:44 PM
Do these people exist? I have asked 4 questions about 3 different items within the past 2 weeks and have not received 1 response. My most recent was regarding this item:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270387238700&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&viewitem=&salenotsupported

I asked twice what the green stuff on the barrel is. This first was 8 days ago when the auction started and again today. I'm a little hesitant to make a $300+ purchase from a company that doesn't respond to messages. Is this something new or have they always been like this? Normally I wouldn't even consider it but...I want this bat :o Oh and if anyone can speculate as to what those marks are, please feel free.

sox83cubs84
05-18-2009, 05:53 PM
I have always gotten along well and have made successful purchases from the B&E crew. I have sent emails to them about dating and other non-authenticity issues on their eBay items and have generally goteen a note of thanks back. I do admit, though, that the Forum has featured similar situations to yours at times in the past.

Dave M.
Chicago area

emann
05-18-2009, 07:41 PM
I do admit, though, that the Forum has featured similar situations to yours at times in the past.

I bought a bat from them which was instantly recognizable as a store model. I ended up getting a refund and they were nice about it (although I ate the return shipping), but it was a mistake someone selling bats should really not have made. I've avoided bidding on other bats from them due to this, unfortunately, since they seem to get alot of older bats in stock.

skyking26
05-18-2009, 07:48 PM
My rule is, especially in this economy, if I have to "chase" a seller who won't respond...then I do not need the item very bad.

Has been happening more and more of late. Failure to return phone calls or emails is unacceptable if one is trying to do this as a business. Another thing that drives me nuts is being offered something with no price tag. Then they say "make me an offer..." Not here to play games. You offer me an item, tell me what the price is and it is my choice of whether I buy it of not...

Hope this helps.

RK

FastLane80
05-22-2009, 09:15 AM
UPDATE: I ended up winning the bat. I paid for it on Tuesday morning and I received in on Thursday afternoon. Turns out to be a great bat and I did leave them positive feedback but noted about the lack of communication. By the way, the green spots were removed and you can barely tell they were there so it was probably something insignificant. I'm very happy with the bat and this time, it was well worth the risk.

trsent
05-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Happy end to your story, but if an eBay seller has no response to questions there is an issue there as eBay strives to have customers feel welcome which I believe would mean sellers, epically PowerSellers, would answer all questions to promote sales.

What concept is there to ignore customers questions prior to a sale?

FastLane80
05-23-2009, 08:05 AM
Happy end to your story, but if an eBay seller has no response to questions there is an issue there as eBay strives to have customers feel welcome which I believe would mean sellers, epically PowerSellers, would answer all questions to promote sales.

What concept is there to ignore customers questions prior to a sale?Exactly and there was a chance that I'd have made another purchase if they would have answered my other questions. There is some sentimental meaning behind this bat so the reasons for the risk were justified in this case but in all other instances, I would've not bid.

NEFAN
05-23-2009, 08:55 AM
In my experience, these power sellers on ebay are the worst at communicating. It seems they can't be bothered to answer simple questions. They have time to list hundreds of items at a time but can't be bothered wil "Customer Service".

David
05-23-2009, 01:23 PM
For his own benefit, a seller should ask questions as half or more of people who ask a question place a bid or buy. And most of these don't place a bid or buy after the question is answered. Many are planning on bidding but first want a technical question answered.

David
05-23-2009, 01:35 PM
I should had add that questioners should be polite (please and thank you-- the seller should be polite too) and be prudent and fair in the question asking. Don't ask the seller to do wholsale scanning or 20 minutes of cataloging if you aren't seriously about bidding or buying.

FastLane80
05-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Hmm. Well after inspecting it further, it turns out to be a bat from the 1950s labeling period not the early 60s as it was advertised. I posted a question about the shipping records in the appropriate section with the length included so I may be getting a refund unless it's for sure a 1959 bat. I'm a little perturbed :mad: