PDA

View Full Version : My FIRST Pink Cancer Awareness GUU Purchase!!

cordovacollector
05-17-2009, 08:24 PM
Finally!!!! I just won my first game used Mother's Day/Cancer Awareness PINK game used item!!!!! A lot of you on the GUF know its significance to me ... and tomorrow is my third year survival anniversary. I'm beating the odds ... and now I have the cleats to prove it! Think I can wear them to the Relay For Life cancer walk this year? Well, maybe around my neck!

I think the Reebok promotion kinda slid under the radar ... they only auctioned off six pair ... unless there are more to come. But I'll bet next year I won't be able to afford any! This will delay my buying some items I've arranged for on the GUF by a week or two, but I hope you'll all understand.

Nate McLouth Autographed High and Tight Low/HexMetal

These are the High and Tight HexMetal Low cleats that Nate McLouth wore on Mother's Day 2009. This cleat was made to perform, featuring HexRide air-cushioned technology in the heel. McLouth personally signed these game-worn cleats immediately following the game.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/272818/Reebok.jpg

Here's the others on the auction and prices:

https://www.cmarket.com/auction/item/Browse.action?grouping=ALL&auctionId=87982684

grenda12
05-17-2009, 08:56 PM
Congrats!

stkmtimo
05-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Congratulations! It's always great to hear about survivors and people beating the odds every day. God bless and enjoy your cleats!

Tim

cordovacollector
05-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Heh ... I am so used to typing GUU refering to this forum that I even typed it in the thread header istead of GU. Oh well, I WAS excited cuz I had just won them.

Thanks, Grenda (am still keeping my fingers crossed for your item) and thanks to Taylor, Tim, and Brad for the kind words as well. GUU is a fine group of people!

cordovacollector
05-17-2009, 09:56 PM
I think the Reebok promotion kinda slid under the radar ... they only auctioned off six pair ... unless there are more to come.

I think there are more pinks cleats to be auctioned off. Just reread were I heard it first and they do mention other players were wearing them:

Among those who were expected to wear the pink Reebok cleats are twelve players from the Boston Red Sox and Tampa Bay Rays, who will be featured on ESPN’s Sunday Night Game of the Week, as well as the game’s umpiring crew and the entire Red Sox staff including Manager Terry Francona. Players donning the shoes include David Ortiz, Jonathan Papelbon and Tim Wakefield of the Red Sox and Gabe Gross, Grant Balfour and James Shields of the Rays, along with other players from both teams.

In addition, MLB stars Francisco Rodriguez (New York Mets), Nate McLouth (Pittsburgh Pirates), Justin Morneau (Minnesota Twins) and Prince Fielder (Milwaukee Brewers) also are expected to wear the pink cleats on Sunday to support the initiative.Thanks to the GUU for the tip on the pink Reeboks cleats. I first heard about it in the NEWS link on May 8th. I contacted the Morneau website about them and they didn't even know it yet! Again GUU is worth more than the admission price ... you get the great Malta book, the BEST GU information on the web, tips to stay ahead of the collecting game, and good friends. Not to mention supporting a good cause. Thank you!

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/latest-sports-collecting-news/game-worn-cleats-go-pink-for-benefit-auction.html

MUSEOVEN
05-18-2009, 02:49 PM
Hello Cordovacollector: Congratulations For The Cleats Pinks And God Bless You.. I Love The Pinks Jerseys And Is A Great Cause.. I Gonna Post My 4 Pinks Jerseys (hector Gimenez, Luis Bolivar, Henry Rodriguez And Gerardo Parra).. Please Post Your Pink Items ;)

cordovacollector
05-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Great pink jerseys, Museoven! Your collection is always interesting! And thank you for the kind words.

Yeah guys, man up ... POST YOUR PINKS!!!

Oh, someone like Kylehess might find something to sneak in here ....

maccamania
05-18-2009, 05:12 PM
here is mine !!!

maccamania
05-18-2009, 05:13 PM
I think there are more pinks cleats to be auctioned off. Just reread were I heard it first and they do mention other players were wearing them:

Among those who were expected to wear the pink Reebok cleats are twelve players from the Boston Red Sox and Tampa Bay Rays, who will be featured on ESPN’s Sunday Night Game of the Week, as well as the game’s umpiring crew and the entire Red Sox staff including Manager Terry Francona. Players donning the shoes include David Ortiz, Jonathan Papelbon and Tim Wakefield of the Red Sox and Gabe Gross, Grant Balfour and James Shields of the Rays, along with other players from both teams.
In addition, MLB stars Francisco Rodriguez (New York Mets), Nate McLouth (Pittsburgh Pirates), Justin Morneau (Minnesota Twins) and Prince Fielder (Milwaukee Brewers) also are expected to wear the pink cleats on Sunday to support the initiative.Thanks to the GUU for the tip on the pink Reeboks cleats. I first heard about it in the NEWS link on May 8th. I contacted the Morneau website about them and they didn't even know it yet! Again GUU is worth more than the admission price ... you get the great Malta book, the BEST GU information on the web, tips to stay ahead of the collecting game, and good friends. Not to mention supporting a good cause. Thank you!

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/latest-sports-collecting-news/game-worn-cleats-go-pink-for-benefit-auction.html

Do you have the website address for the auction ??? thanks

cordovacollector
05-18-2009, 05:47 PM
Do you have the website address for the auction ??? thanks

Here ya go: http://www.cmarket.com/auction/AuctionHome.action?auctionId=87982684

MRMusial
05-18-2009, 06:42 PM
cordovacollector .... congrats.

2008 Eric Brown 2008 B-Mets jersey.

metsbats
05-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Here's my 2008 Delgado Pink gamer.

Cordovacollector, Nice pink cleats. My cousin is a breast cancer survivior also and I always look forward to the Mother's Day auctions as the proceeds go to a really meaning full cause. All the best to you!

cordovacollector
05-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Great Delgado bat!! Thanks for the kind remarks, David! Best of luck to your Warrior Cousin too!

grenda12
05-18-2009, 08:13 PM
Hers my first PINK...