PDA

View Full Version : PROJECT: 1980's Knits Collection

RJB44
05-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Hi - I have decided to start a new project as part of my GU hobby. I am going to work on collecting at least two GU jerseys (ideally one road and one home), from each of the 26 Major league teams from the 1980s era. This was the time that I grew up as a die hard baseball fan, and a period for which I am much more knowledgeable, with regards to teams and players. This will most likely be a long term effort, but I am not in any rush. I am not looking for high profile players, or high priced jerseys, as I am more interested in just a good representation of the era. With that said, I will focus on lesser expensive, non-high profile jerseys, and will also consider recycled jerseys from that era, as long as overall condition and other details are satisfactory. This includes both NOB, NNOB, and restorations. Although my primary focus will be on the 1980's, I would also be interested in jerseys from 1975 -1980 era.

Over the years I have had a number of these knits, but either ended up selling or trading for my focus on one particular team. (I wish I had kept them!). I recently completed a Twins (1985/1986) combination. I know that some jerseys from that era will be very difficult to obtain (at anything less then premium $$), but we will see where this takes us.

Thanks!

If you have any you are interested in selling, please let me know.

Bob

RBower44@comcast.net

RJB44
05-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Ok, well a day after my post I missed out on two 80's jerseys on Ebay. I was activily bidding, but couldn't get back to the PC in time to finish. One was a 1986 KC Royals home jersey, the other was a 1984 Pirates gold. Both went at a decent price. I'm going to need to step it up if I want to make some progress.

suave1477
05-17-2009, 08:55 PM
I sent you an email with no reply

hrvatwill
05-18-2009, 12:01 PM
RJB44 - sorry, that was me with the '84 Pirates jersey. Were you one of the two guys bidding against each other in the last two minutes? Was like watching a rock'em sock'em robot match, I felt for sure that I was going to lose out. At least somewhat similar to what you are doing, I am in the process of trying to collect all the jerseys and pants that the Pirates wore in the 1970's since this is when I basically grew up.

TNTtoys
05-20-2009, 02:17 PM
Bob,

I can help with 1980s New York Mets homes and roads. Feel free to email me anytime at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com.

Regards
Nick

mattmueller
05-20-2009, 03:01 PM
You might want to check out Leland's upcoming auction. They have a lot (one lot, many jerseys) of 80s jerseys listed. Email me if that is of interest to you and perhaps I can help out with it as there are likely two jerseys in the lot that I am intersted in.

Matt

sylbry
05-20-2009, 08:50 PM
I attemped a similar project years ago. Love those early 80's jerseys. But gave up and stuck to what I know, Twins jerseys.

Which 1986 jersey did you get?

RJB44
11-09-2009, 12:00 AM
RBower44@comcast.net

Thanks