PDA

View Full Version : Babe Ruth Bat .......

ryant7
05-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Maybe someone could give me a little more information on the Babe Ruth bat that i have I have read some other articles saying that it could be a remake from the 60's the wood is very dark compared to some bats i have seen from the 60's (my camera flash made it look lighter than what it is) any input would be appreciated it is a R43 as stamped in the knob it shows no use and has a very nice patina i would like to try and figure out the worth of this bat however i am wanting to hang on to it.

ryant7
06-10-2009, 09:40 PM
BUMP
anyone know about this ?

scottanservitz
06-10-2009, 11:01 PM
Ryant7,
I'll take a stab at your bat. From referencing Vince Malta's Louisville Slugger book your bat has a few different labelings. I'll try and make out the best I can. It appears the center brand is from the 1961-64 period due to the smaller "Reg. U.S. Pat. Off." under the oval. Although the added Trade Mark is added along with no "Powerized" on the barrel leads me to believe this is a remake. Now the signature on the barrel is from the 1905-1930 era with the "Trade Mark" and or "Reg. U.S. Pat." added above and below the signature which is from the late 30's to 40's. So with all these things put together I am guessing it is a remake from the 60's with some features lacking to make it a pro model bat. I could be wrong here on some things, but I do think it is a remake. It does make a cool display piece. Hope this helps.

Scott

5kRunner
06-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Didn't they sell these at the LVS museum? I swear I had a friend whose brother had one. That was in the mid 90's.

BMH will probably know.

scottanservitz
06-11-2009, 07:29 AM
5KRunner very well could be right about this. The mishmash of different eras of branding does lead me to think this as well.