PDA

View Full Version : McGwire Issued Glove on ebay

mattmueller
05-16-2009, 07:48 AM
I would appreciate any help people could provide on a McGwire issued glove on ebay. I am not really current on what to look for in gloves, just what I have picked up and sort of remember from general reading.

On ebay, seller is offering a McGwire "issued' fielding glove. I have looked through a couple hundred photos of McGwire and his gloves and there is a style match - although game gloves typically have longer leather laces than are tied down on the offered. From other posts, people have indicated anybody can have a player model of glove manufactured by Rawlings and get them to stitch the player's name on it. So I could order the glove and have them stitch Mark McGwire into it if I wanted. On the Rawlings website you can order a model PRO-CMHCB2 (the offered McGwire is PRO-CMHCB, is different from the offered). Is the "2" in the model number a way to differentiate a MLB player model versus a retail model? Or since its been 7 years since McGwire would have used such a glove, the model numbers have evolved? Also, I had it in the back of my head that Rawlings would always put something special on player gloves issued for use by former Gold Glove winners. Either all gold stitching or a gold glove stitched in.

Finally, of some concern, the seller is the same as the seller of the Ryan Howard All Star game BP jerseys Howard posted about earlier this week. Seller also has been completely unhelpful with questions about the glove. Any question I asked has been responded to with a "will answer that tomorrow", and the answer never came.

Matt

mattmueller
05-16-2009, 07:50 AM
Link to auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250422430742&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=&salenotsupported