PDA

View Full Version : Curtis Martin 2001 Game Worn Jersey AMI Wow!

scottanservitz
05-15-2009, 09:46 PM
I am a big Maritn fan as he played the game hard and is highly regarded off the field as well. I have his 1997 Pats away jersey and I paid a pretty good price on it as I think he is a no doubt Hall of Famer. I was looking at AMI's recent auction and almost fell off my chair when I saw that his 2001 Jets jersey is at over $5,100. Is this an anomaly or are collectors realizing his future in 2011 could be his enshrinement year? What do you guys and gals think?

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=48977&avccat=Football%20Game-Worn

jhunt28
05-16-2009, 10:20 AM
I saw that as well. I'm a Jets collector, and was shocked to see this price. Everyone here has seen the issues brought up with AMI in the past, so I'm sure the theories can go on and on about this one. He was one of the best RB in Jets history...but I too am shocked at how high this jersey has gotten. If you notice, that Al Toon piece is pretty high as well($1,598 already, and the same one sold for $421 in 2007)...So maybe there is just a crazy Jets collector out there who wants to get his hands on those jerseys? I know I can be a little irrational sometimes, but those two prices are nuts.

scottanservitz
05-17-2009, 11:27 AM
It will be interesting to see where this one ends at.