PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a 1999 Cincinnati reds used BP jersey?

Jags Fan Dan
05-15-2009, 04:00 PM
I need help identifying a jersey I just purchased. If anyone has a 1999 Reds BP jersey and can post pics of the back and any tags, it would be much appreciated!:D

Jags Fan Dan
05-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Ok, here's what I have. I am puzzled because everything seems to match up style wise from what I can tell to a spring training jersey. Font seems to match. Numbers seem to match. Material and sleeves seem to match. Except one major thing, and that is the front logo patch. So that is why I was curious as to what the BP jerseys looked like on the back. I know the BP jerseys has the same front logo as the jersey I have. But I have no clue what the back of a Reds 1999 BP jersey looks like, despite spending al ong time searching. The photos on this post are obviously of my jersey front and back and the tags at the lower outside left front.

Jags Fan Dan
05-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Here is Vaughn in his spring training jersey. Note that the back seems to match up well. The front is another story.

tknorm
05-15-2009, 07:00 PM
Those pictures appear to be consistent with the 99 red Mike Cameron BP jersey I saw several years ago on ebay. I only have a printout of the listing. I am pretty sure the black versions were made by Russell.

Hope this helps!

Jags Fan Dan
05-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Those pictures appear to be consistent with the 99 red Mike Cameron BP jersey I saw several years ago on ebay. I only have a printout of the listing. I am pretty sure the black versions were made by Russell.

Hope this helps!
I think the sleeves on the BP jerseys had a Mr. redlegs logo on the sleeve, which mine does not have. This is very odd. Correct size and style for a spring training jersey, but I cannot find a photo of ANY Reds player ins Spring Training 1999 with a jersey with a front patch in this style.

tknorm
05-15-2009, 09:51 PM
i see what you are saying. I will go back and look at the printout of what I have and scan it if it is helpful. will be tomorrow...

Jags Fan Dan
05-16-2009, 04:55 AM
Your help is very much appreciated!:)

tknorm
05-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Here is the scan and 2 pictures from Spring training that I had, each showing a different sleeve. I don't see a patch on the sleeve. They did have them on the black jersey version, but I do not see any on the red. Hope this helps!

Jags Fan Dan
05-16-2009, 12:56 PM
And that looks just like man except for that darn logo patch on the front!:mad:
But I greatly appreciate the scan of the Cameron jersey. I kind of think it was a spring training jersey as well!

cjosefy
05-16-2009, 01:31 PM
The style of the number 2 is very different between the jersey and the pictures from spring training. Other 1999 spring training pictures on getty seem to confirm a different style for that number as well.

Jags Fan Dan
05-16-2009, 06:59 PM
The style of the number 2 is very different between the jersey and the pictures from spring training. Other 1999 spring training pictures on getty seem to confirm a different style for that number as well.
Agreed. This jersey is not smelling good as a gamer.