PDA

View Full Version : Website Changes

Rob L
05-15-2009, 03:50 PM
Hey all,

Thanks for the response to the team and player expert contacts. Because of the response, my "Links" page was getting a bit crazy so I made some changes. The "Links" page has been changed and broken into two separate pages. From what I can tell, most people were using the "Links" page for the seller and photomatching sites. All of those are now listed under the "GU Resources" page.

I moved all the list of collector websites along with the new collector team/player experts contacts to a second page at "GU Collectors". Since the team/player lists are getting longer, they are on the bottom with the collectors sites listed on top.

Sorry to those who had the "Links" page bookmarked. Hopefully it will be a little easier to find things.

Thanks

cordovacollector
05-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Hi Rob,

I know your new page is under construction but thought I'd let you know of a couple corrections to make for me.

Under "GU Collectors - Team Expertice" Twins

you have my email address correct as fjordhorses@bevcomm.net but my name is Helen Hanson not Marty Cordova (is my freudian slip showing?)
Under "GU Collectors - Player Expertice"

you can list: Cordova, Marty (as player) - Helen Hanson - fjordhorses@bevcomm.net
Thank for you great work and for including us on your webpage!

cordovacollector
05-15-2009, 04:10 PM
oops - sorry, I spelled "expertise" wrong ... twice! And I used to be a book editor. :rolleyes:

Rob L
05-15-2009, 04:12 PM
Hi Rob,

I know your new page is under construction but thought I'd let you know of a couple corrections to make for me.

Under "GU Collectors - Team Expertice" Twins
you have my email address correct as fjordhorses@bevcomm.net but my name is Helen Hanson not Marty Cordova (is my freudian slip showing?)

Under "GU Collectors - Player Expertice"
you can list: Cordova, Marty (as player) - Helen Hanson - fjordhorses@bevcomm.net
Thank for you great work and for including us on your webpage!

Thanks Helen. Got it changed!!!

markize
05-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Rob,

I'm sure I speak for all of us, but at least from me personally, thanks for the work you have done on your website. It's a great resource, and a cool way to showcase all of our collections. I hope to get a site together soon, and add a link to your page. Thank you!

Mark

GarkoCollector
05-16-2009, 06:06 AM
Rob,
Would you mind listing me as a Ryan Garko collector? I will pass on my web link when the site is ready.
Tom

Rob L
05-18-2009, 09:57 AM
Got it Tom. Thanks.

Vintagedeputy
05-18-2009, 10:04 AM
oops - sorry, I spelled "expertise" wrong ... twice! And I used to be a book editor. :rolleyes:

Is that why you used to be a book editor? haha just kidding! :)

I met Marty Cordova a few times when he was with the O's at their Fanfest. He was always pleasant to the fans and had a nice signature.

Jim

cordovacollector
05-18-2009, 01:21 PM
VintageDepadyDawg ~

That was good!!!! Yeah, I uzed to be a book edater. Have know klew why I cant' find werk.
_____

Always interesting to hear comments of what fans thought of Marty after he left MN and went to other teams. I knew what fans thought here, and he could not have been kinder to me, even when he came back on road games. He was one of those guys though that had two signatures: one great and the other ... oy! But generally he decided which one to use depending on the situation and especially what he thought of the person asking. At formal signings, everyone got the good one.

I've been lucky that the guy I picked to collect never gave me reason to regret the choice. But I would have kept collecting him regardless because that was my intention from the start. And I have always said, if years from now he has kids that are interested in baseball and never got to see their dad play, I intend to give them the entire collection ... except for one bat, one ball, and one glove.

Rob L
06-25-2009, 11:17 PM
Hey All,

Was just checking out the website tonite and thought I should make a call for more of you player experts. Check under GU Collections too see if your player and your email contact is listed, if not, leave them here. I really would like a list where people can go if they have a question about a players memorabilia as well as a contact if someone has something that you might like.

Thanks.

TriplexXxSports
06-26-2009, 05:26 AM
Brian Urlacher

M. Conboy
TriplexXxSports.com
TriplexXxSports@yahoo.com

skinsfan0521
06-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Chris Snee

Brian
bharasymczuk@gmail.com

Thanks!

joelsabi
06-26-2009, 10:35 AM
Hey All,

Was just checking out the website tonite and thought I should make a call for more of you player experts. Check under GU Collections too see if your player and your email contact is listed, if not, leave them here. I really would like a list where people can go if they have a question about a players memorabilia as well as a contact if someone has something that you might like.

Thanks.

Alex Rodriguez

Joel S. - joelsabi@gmail.com

bigtruck260
06-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Rob - you can add me as a Cardinals collector - 80's-present semi-stars and stars...

Thanks.

momen55
06-26-2009, 10:56 AM
rob l;
you can add my site: www.goldglovecollectibles.com (http://www.goldglovecollectibles.com). :)
roberto clemente collector as well as game used. oldz70@yahoo.com. pretty good at figuring out the old ABC helmets too.

Rob L
07-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Thanks. Got everything updated to date!