PDA

View Full Version : Jim Thome Bat Use Habits?

jshortt
05-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Hey Guys,

Just had a quick question about Jim Thome's bat usage habits. I know he typically uses LVS sig models, but has he used other brands in games? I'm not sure if he is strict with BP vs. game use (i.e. Piazza Big Stick = BP, Mizuno = game). I have seen several Thome Mizuno, Rawlings, etc. recently, and was interested in buying one, but curious as to Thome's habits. I'd like to be sure they are game bats and not BP before committing.

Thanks for your help,

Josh

tbone90
05-15-2009, 11:58 AM
In his Cleveland Indian years Thome was a pretty consistent Rawlings guy for gamers. A favorite seemed to be the two tone, black heads with natural handles. A thumb injury led to the Thome bat characteristic of heavily taping the knob of his bats which he did for some time.

karamaxjoe
05-15-2009, 01:31 PM
One of the forum members here own about 40 Thome bats. Hopefully he can help you.

thomecollector
05-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Hey Guys,

Just had a quick question about Jim Thome's bat usage habits. I know he typically uses LVS sig models, but has he used other brands in games? I'm not sure if he is strict with BP vs. game use (i.e. Piazza Big Stick = BP, Mizuno = game). I have seen several Thome Mizuno, Rawlings, etc. recently, and was interested in buying one, but curious as to Thome's habits. I'd like to be sure they are game bats and not BP before committing.

Thanks for your help,

Josh
Josh,
Jim has used a bunch of different bats over his career. LVS were a big part . In the early to mid 90's he was pretty much all over the place. He used LVS, Coopers,Rawlings , etc. In the mid, to late 90's he used Rawlings, LVS, and a few Mizuno. But, only used Mizuno for
a few years on , and off. Big Stick was a favorite of his during the Late 90's. He started to really use alot of LVS M356 models in the late 90's til now. Up until about 2005 he used the ash M356. he started using the M9 LVS around 2005. He now uses the M9 two tone, as well as the all black M9. Last year however, he used a blonde ash M356 most of the year. No clue why. But, most of his gamers from 97-09 are all black. His BP bats are mostly naturals.
Especially , in Philly. Hope this helps. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.:D