PDA

View Full Version : Saints dureen on EBAY

norristrophy
05-05-2006, 09:13 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/1960s-New-Orleans-Saints-Game-Used-Jersey-Abramowicz_W0QQitemZ8802500273QQcategoryZ86829QQrd Z1QQcmdZViewItem

Being a Saints fan I would love a dureen Saints, especially one of Abramowicz obviously, but I do not know much about football gamers. I have been looking at lots of old photos lately and I have my doubts about this auction. Since I have not been able to get any questions answered by B&E I decided to post here my concerns.

1. I have not been able to find any pics of the Saints wearing this style of numbering during Abramowicz's playing days.

2. I have found evidence of them using this style of numbering in the mid 70's. James Kearney also wore #46 in 1976.

3. I have not found any evidence of the Saints using this style of skinny lettering on the NOB.

4. B&E has not responded to my questions as to the amount (if any) of wear on the jersey.

5. Since the hem has been cut and any tags are now gone I cannot use that evidence to help date the shirt.

I know people on here have had positive experiences with B&E but they simply do not respond to questions through EBAY so I was wondering if any football experts on the forum can lend a hand as this would be one of my ultimate jerseys if really an Abramowicz from the late 60's.

Thanks

Eric
05-05-2006, 10:15 AM
I sent an email to B&E- they have normally answered questions at
collect@bestweb.net (collect@bestweb.net) or becollectibles.inc@verizon.net (becollectibles.inc@verizon.net)
Eric

nyg44
05-05-2006, 02:18 PM
First of all, It cannot be a late 60s jersey. The NFL went to names on the backs in 1970. So, start from 1970 on to see if you can locate any photos.

norristrophy
05-08-2006, 10:50 PM
Judging by what it went for it probably was not what it was advertised as. B&E never responded either.