PDA

View Full Version : Hunt Auctions - May Internet/Phone Auction Results?

brianborsch
05-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Hello all,

Just wondering if any forum members were successful in their endeavors with Hunt Auctions? I bid on some items and wonder what the procedure is? When do they let you know the details of what you won? Also, I would love to hear what others won or were trying for!

brianborsch
05-13-2009, 11:16 PM
I just got confirmation that I won the game issued Pujols LVS M9 bat! I wonder if Birdbats can tell me when this bat is from?

FastLane80
05-14-2009, 10:33 AM
I missed the 64 Dodgers team signed ball by $12. There will be others :D I also made an attempt at the Luc Robitaille game stick but was outbid early yesterday.

earlywynnfan
05-14-2009, 01:07 PM
So YOU were bidding me up on the Robitaille stick! I lost it very late.

I won two sets of 3 bats, one with the Ted Simmons/Everett/Grieve and one with Randolph/Ransom/Segui.

To answer the original post, within a day or two you'll get an invoice via email with your totals.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

FastLane80
05-14-2009, 01:40 PM
Haha yeah that was me. I only bid $25 since it wasn't a Kings gamer. I think I even photomatched it too.

cordovacollector
05-14-2009, 03:59 PM
I know I am supposed to be saving up my money to buy those great Cordova items you guys have saved for me ... but I saw these and have to admit my curiosity got the best of me.

I know these are dirty and raggedy ... they are circa 1910, or so they say. But I thought these were wonderful and "dirt" cheap (pun intended). I don't have much in TRUE vintage baseball worn or used items so I gave them a home. I know a conservator and the Minnesota Historic,al Society and maybe he'll give me a deal to tidy these up. Actually, I like the dirt but would like to do something to keep these preserved.

So whatcha think? A sucker born every day ... or kinda cool? $78 plus the usuals.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/272818/1080%20-%20hunt.jpg

Description: Lot of (2) vintage baseball uniforms, c.1910s. (EX) Incl. pinstriped "NYC" (New York College or New York City) uniform with hat, jersey, and pants. All markings are worn off tags, so size is unknown. Hat, jersey, and pants all show moderate usage wear with small holes and tears; Unmarked pinstriped uniform (unknown team) with jersey and pants. No tags are present so sizes are unknown. Jersey and pants both show moderate usage wear with light staining and small holes: EX

cordovacollector
05-14-2009, 09:08 PM
P.S. To you guys who have collected vintage baseball postcards and photos ... any slight chance out there that you have seen the NYC logo? I'll have some fun Googling that! All help and advice appreciated!!!!

earlywynnfan
05-14-2009, 09:35 PM
If you ask me, the guys on network54 will be able to help you out with these.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

justinwc80
05-15-2009, 01:22 PM
I won the Griffey Jr pants for opening bid of $100 and found a picture that looks to photo match. Lot 14. If you win the bid they send an invoice the next day. Only thing I hate is that they start clock over for 20 minutes after each new bid after auction close time.

cordovacollector
05-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Ken, I'm still a bit new here ... what is Network54? Thanks!

Skillz
05-17-2009, 04:49 PM
I won one of those famous Dimaggio signed posters. After shipping/fees it was ~$110, they tend to get around $150-$160 on eBay so I was happy with that. I missed out on the Cutler jersey and a few others. I had to get used to their auctions though, its like a game the way they do their bidding system and the 20 minute increments, especially on some of the bigger items. For instance if you bid $250 on something and get outbid for say $275, your next bid needs to be $300+, factor in the shipping and buyer's premium and you're in deeper than you thought!