PDA

View Full Version : Why Would A Team Repair A Jersey That Was Only Worn For 1 Game?

TriplexXxSports
05-13-2009, 06:30 AM
I was browsing through AMI's current auction when I came across this McFadden '08 Gamer.

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=48781&auccat=Football%20Game-Worn

Its a great looking jersey, no doubt. It was worn on opening night vs. the Bronco's and still has the commemorative 'GU' patch.

Teams only wore those patches on opening day so if it was only to be worn for that 1 game why would they take the time to 'repair' it?

I could understand the repairs with the intent of using the jersey again, but when they repaired it I would think that the patch would have been removed as well.

I thought this would make an interesting topic and I'm interested in hearing some of your theories.

G1X
05-13-2009, 06:56 AM
Please note that the Raiders wore the GU commemorative patch the entire season.

I am guessing that the equipment staff repairs "one-game" jerseys just in case it is needed in an emergency situation (various scenarios) later in the year.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for Atlanta Falcons and WFL Jerseys

sctizzle
05-13-2009, 07:44 AM
Could have also been worn in the preseason...

TriplexXxSports
05-13-2009, 08:05 AM
Pardon my ignorance, as I am a Bears fan. I saw that they did wear the patch for the season. However, I did notice that there were a few games that they did not wear the patch.

It makes alot more sense to repair it if it was wore for more than one game, or repaired as a reserve....