PDA

View Full Version : Ami's Amazing Offerings In Their Current Auction

hblakewolf
05-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Based on the current unrest surrounding AMI, is it really a shocker to see such a limited offering of items in their current auction? I know Vic was in the mens clothing business, but offering used Bar Mitzvah blazers? At least have some hot babe display it properly!

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=48436&auccat=Baseball%20Game-Used&offset=0

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

cjmedina1
05-12-2009, 01:50 PM
HW

I'm curious as to why this doesn't have a LOA from the "100%Authenic/AMI Team?:confused: If i here back I'll let you know

Carlie Medina III
carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

hblakewolf
05-12-2009, 02:03 PM
HW

I'm curious as to why this doesn't have a LOA from the "100%Authenic/AMI Team?:confused: If i here back I'll let you know

Carlie Medina III
carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

Carlie-

From what I understand, Lampson has over 12 trillion photos in his reference library. As you may be aware, cameras were frowned upon inside the Temple during Bar Mitzvah's back in the 1970's. Although it's a stretch, possibly he has a shot or two during the reception he can reference-it's worth a shot to ask him!

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

5kRunner
05-12-2009, 02:47 PM
I think they should change their name to Moreno's House of Crap.

whatupyos
05-12-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm glad someone posted about their current auction. I thought it was laughable the items they have in there. Which reminds me of a funny story. I had been getting tons of emails from Historic Auctions. I guess when they were new I think I sigend up in case they had something I wanted to bid on. I logged on to my account one day trying to find out how to be taken off the email list. I couldn't find it for the life of me. I treid replying to one of their stupid emails about their upcoming auction and nothing. Still got annoying emails with no way to unsubscribe. So, I lost it one day, replied just for the heck of it and said take me off your email list, your auctions are crap. I quickly got a reply that I have been taken off. If that's all I had to do, I would have done it a long time ago. I guess sometimes you just have to get nasty.

Aaron

David
05-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Considering I see people on this board talk about purchasing game used jock straps, I fail to the problem with a blazer.

mfsquirrelmaster
05-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Considering I see people on this board talk about purchasing game used jock straps, I fail to the problem with a blazer.
A jock strap is actually worn in a game. Like game worn socks I don't understand why someone would want one. That is different than going into someones closet and grabbing any random article of clothing.

sportscentury
05-12-2009, 10:53 PM

To the collector of fine crap, I imagine both items would be of interest.

AMI has been such a great source of entertainment for so long, I think we're going to miss them when they're gone.

[cue bugle]