PDA

View Full Version : Giambi Game Used Bat??

2000mvpfan
05-05-2006, 12:16 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/JASON-GIAMBI-GAME-USED-AUTOGRAPHED-BAT_W0QQitemZ8804588372QQcategoryZ53QQssPageNameZW DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

.....not too likely,what with that underlined 125 in the centerbrand.I e-mailed the seller explaining this was a retail pro model bat (as sold by,say,Anaconda Sports).Will let you know if I get a response.

.....the autograph,however,looks good to me.

Joe

justinlm24
05-05-2006, 09:05 AM
This is clearly not "game used". Giambi uses lots of pine tar on his bats and there is clearly no use shown. Also the two tone of the bat is another indicator. He even says in the listing it is "brand new". Not worth the money unless you're just a giambi fan.

suave1477
05-05-2006, 09:40 AM
I would definitely say its not game used either. As far as not being worth it unless your a Giambi fan I disagree. the bat is only up to $28 if you can get this bat for lets say $100 or less its definitely worth it. It would cost you over $110 to get the autograph yourself at a signing not to mention the cost of the bat. So its woth it just to have in your collection maybe one day you might want to sell it and make some pretty good money back on it.

2000mvpfan
05-05-2006, 11:20 AM
Suave-

.....you're right,it's still a good buy since those retail pro models are $90 themselves.As far as Giambi,good luck trying to find him at a signing!I think the last card shows/private signings he did were as far back as '02!I know most of my signed & game used Giambi stuff is signed from when he still had a deal with ASI.
.....depending on this seller's response to my e-mail about the bat's "game use",I just might bid on it myself!

Joe

suave1477
05-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Even if you dont get the response your looking for towards it being game used I would still pick it up bcuz like you said to get to Giambi in public hasnt been done since 02. So its definitely a nice piece to pick up for any collection

stlbats
05-05-2006, 10:25 PM
This is clearly not "game used". Giambi uses lots of pine tar on his bats and there is clearly no use shown. Also the two tone of the bat is another indicator. He even says in the listing it is "brand new". Not worth the money unless you're just a giambi fan.

as for the "two tone", this bat is not really considered two tone. most if not all blond ash LVS are this way when they are brand new. Just some info.

Thanks

Jason

2000mvpfan
05-05-2006, 10:40 PM
....that's very true.I have an early (98) Giambi Louisville that he barely got to dirty up the handle on before he cracked the bat.Also,he doesn't really load up on the pine tar-on the 3 bats I own,it's only moderate pine tar.Ironically,the most pine tar covered Giambi bat I have is an A's era Sam Bat he used in BP.
....incedentally,the seller e-mailed me stating that it's not a game used bat (no kidding!) but a game model bat.Might be nice if he changed the description for the uninitiated out there.

Joe