PDA

View Full Version : I think I have my 2nd PhotoMatch!

Mauer7
05-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Picked up a Jason Kubel MLB Authenticated 2006 Batting Helmet yesterday and I believe I just photomatched it. What do you guys think?

joelsabi
05-10-2009, 10:08 AM
Picked up a Jason Kubel MLB Authenticated 2006 Batting Helmet yesterday and I believe I just photomatched it. What do you guys think?

Im seeing this area. Is that what you are looking at?

AWA85
05-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Yeah that one mark really stands out, I would call it a match.

Mauer7
05-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Im seeing this area. Is that what you are looking at?

Yeah, thats what I was seeing. What do you think?

joelsabi
05-10-2009, 10:13 AM

I would definitely try to find out the date of the photo and see if he did anything special during that series. or did you take that photo as well?

Mauer7
05-10-2009, 10:14 AM
I would definitely try to find out the date of the photo and see if he did anything special during that series. or did you take that photo as well?

I found the picture on Google.

joelsabi
05-10-2009, 10:23 AM
I found the picture on Google.

see if you can find same photo on gettys since it may have the date of the game.

to the forum member, if you find a photo match on a helmet would you take the leap of faith that it was used in previous games. like this helmet. can you assume that it was used in a previous game roads or home games, depending on the helmet. i am assuming they have just 2 helmets (1 road, 1 home) up to the point of the photo. Cant imagine a player lugging two road helmets on a road trip.

Mauer7
05-10-2009, 10:26 AM
see if you can find same photo on gettys since it may have the date of the game.

to the forum member, if you find a photo match on a helmet would you take the leap of faith that it was used in previous games. like this helmet. can you assume that it was used in a previous game roads or home games, depending on the helmet. i am assuming they have just 2 helmets (1 road, 1 home) up to the point of the photo. Cant imagine a player lugging two road helmets on a road trip.

This photo appears to have been taken at the Twins/Rangers Series right before the Hologram authenticated this helmet. As the Rangers only played in MN once in 2006. And the Twins dont have home/road helmets, so I think it is safe to assume he used it in previous games, as well as the series after this phot was taken. That series took place in KC.

suicide_squeeze
05-10-2009, 11:53 AM
It's a photo match........100%

Congratulations! :)

joelsabi
05-10-2009, 11:38 PM
This photo appears to have been taken at the Twins/Rangers Series right before the Hologram authenticated this helmet. As the Rangers only played in MN once in 2006. And the Twins dont have home/road helmets, so I think it is safe to assume he used it in previous games, as well as the series after this phot was taken. That series took place in KC.

didnt know that Twins use the same helmet for road and home games. did you find any personal milestones or great hitting games from this period?

i bet you can get more photos from other sources if thats the case..

congrats again.

Tay1038
05-11-2009, 12:51 PM
I previously owned that helmet! Nice pick-up Jesse.

Mauer7
05-11-2009, 01:12 PM
I previously owned that helmet! Nice pick-up Jesse.

Thanks Taylor. Both the Game Use and the Autograph are MLB Authenticated. Its really sweet.