PDA

View Full Version : Game Used Home Run Baseballs See List

ballhawknet
05-09-2009, 03:29 PM
THANKS TO THE FORUM FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO
LIST MY BASEBALLS https://www.gameuseduniverse.net/vb_forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

IVE BEEN COLLECTING HOMERUNS FOR THE BETTER PART OF TWO DECADES . PLEASE ASK ANY QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM OR EMAIL AT THE WEBSITE WWW.BALLHAWK.NET (http://www.BALLHAWK.NET)

PHOTOS FOR MOST IF IF THESE BASEBALLS ARE IN MY GALLERY , LINK ON THE FRONT PAGE OF BALLHAWK.NET

MOST BASEBALLS ARE TAGGED WITH A TAMPER PROOF NUMBERED HOLOGRAM AND ALL COME WITH A SIGNED AFFIDAVIT WHICH INCLUDES DETAILS AND PHOTOS OF THE BASEBALL

MOST OF THESE ARE ACTUAL HOME RUN BASEBALL UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE. COMING UP WITH SEPERATE PRICES IS HARD SO ALL ARE $ 500 EACH OR BEST OFFER :) SOME HAVE BEEN LASER ENGRAVED WITH THE DETAILS ... I WILL UPDATE THIS LIST WITH MORE DETAILS AND PHOTOS . I HAVE MORE , BUT THEY WOULD GO OVER THE 500 LIMIT FOR THIS FORUM .

THANK YOU
DAVE DAVISON

AUSTIN KEARNS ( AUTO )
2- MARQUIS GRISSOM ( 1 AUTO )
2- RICHARD HIDALGO ( 1 AUTO , BOTH FROM SAME GAME )
TODD WALKER ( AUTO )
LUIS SOJO ( AUTO )
ROBERT FICK
JOHN VANDERWAL
2- GREG VAUGHN ( BOTH AUTO , ONE FROM 3 HR GAME )
MARK JOHNSON ( AUTO )
EDDIE TAUBENSEE ( AUTO )
J.D. DREW
3- GLENALLEN HILL (ALL AUTO , ONE IS # 150 , )
KEVIN ORIE ( AUTO , ROOKIE HR )
CORKEY MILLER ( #2 OF 2 THAT DAY , SOSA HIT 61ST , LIBER 20TH WIN)
DAVID BELL
MARK BELLHORN ( AUTO " long gone to sheffield " )
DAMON EASLEY ( AUTO )
2- PAUL SORRENTO ( 1-AUTO )
EDWARDO PEREZ
JERMAINE DYE
DAMON BUFORD ( AUTO )
2- JEREMY BURNITZ ( AUTO )
GREG NORTON ( AUTO )
JUAN SAMUEL ( AUTO )
2- DEAN PLAMER ( 1 AUTO )
FRED MCGRIFF
2- KEVIN MENCH ( 2 FROM SAME GAME ROOKIE )
JOE ORSULAK ( AUTO )
TONY BATISTA ( AUTO OFF K.WOOD ROOKIE )
5- DERREK LEE ( 4 -AUTO ALL FROM 46 HR SEASON '05 )
2- GARY MATTHEWS ( ONE AUTO . 2ND CAREER HR )
4- ALEX GONZALEZ ( ALL AUTO )
3- MOISES ALOU ( ALL AUTO )
JEFF KING ( AUTO )
BROOKS KIESCHNICK ( AUTO , # 2 OF 2 THAT GAME )
ANDRUW JONES
ARAMIS RAMIREZ
RANDY WINN
3- PRESTON WILSON ( 2 AUTO , 3 DIFFERENT TEAMS )
DIANGELO JIMENEZ ( AUTO )
RONDELL WHITE ( AUTO )
RONNY CEDENO ( AUTO )
JUAN ENCARNACION ( AUTO )
2- TONY CLARK ( BOTH AUTO )
TONY GRAFFININO
GABE KAPLER ( AUTO )
RON KARKOVICE ( AUTO )
SHAWN GREEN ( AUTO )
LUIS GONZALEZ
MIKE LIEBERTHAL
2 JOSE HERNANDEZ ( BOTH AUTO , 1998 , SOSA HIT HR IN GAME )
GREG JEFFERIES ( AUTO )
NOMAR GARCIAPARRA
ADRIAN BELTRE ( AUTO , PSA )
MARK MCGWIRE ( 1999 3RD SPRING HR )
PAT MEARS
IVAN RODRIGUEZ
MICHAEL BARRETT ( AUTO )
HANK BLALOCK
GARRETT ANDERSON ( 2000 OPENING DAY BALL )
KEVIN JORDAN
BENNY AGBAYANI
KEN CAMINITI
RUBEN MATEO ( AUTO )
DAVID SEGUI
LANCE JOHNSON ( AUTO )
LEE STEVENS ( AUTO )
FERNANDO TATIS
TRAVIS FRYMAN

1987 WORLD SERIES GAME USED BALL
1999 ALL STAR BOSTON GAME USED BALL
2003 PRINCE FIELDER * DOUBLE * IN MIDWEST ALLSTAR GAME
CAL RIPKEN BP HR OVER GREEN MONSTER ( 1999 ALL STAR BALL AUTO )
7/19/06 MADDUX VS CLEMENS GAME USED BALL ( 300 WIN MATCHUP 7TH TIME EVER !! ? ) LASER ENGRAVED WITH DETAILS

ballhawknet
05-11-2009, 03:58 PM
And some photos to go with the list.

And if you have time check out some great action videos :) http://www.youtube.com/user/ballhawknet

suave1477
05-13-2009, 09:28 AM
BallHawk I am just curious do you have any Home Run Ball that you have not engraved in too?

skyking26
05-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Hey Dave - I think you have to list prices right with this... I know guys have gotten in trouble before if it was not with it - just trying to help.

ballhawknet
05-14-2009, 09:22 AM
As far as engravings , most have not been engraved . Some people like it , some dont. I personally love it ...but I can understand why people would not. Players seem to love it too :)

As to the prices , listing prices for each ....I did. They are all worth 500 each to me :) honest ! :) . Some I think are worth more , much more....
but the limit is 500 so that is why I simply say 500 or best offer. Since each one is so unique I have always had a lot of difficulty in figuring out a price ....its almost always best offer.

nationals2k9
05-14-2009, 11:59 AM
are you the dude on espn this morning at the brewers game?

orioles03
05-14-2009, 12:41 PM
watch his youtube channel looks like he caught the soriano hr lastnight pretty cool

ballhawknet
05-15-2009, 01:40 PM
watch his youtube channel looks like he caught the soriano hr lastnight pretty cool

That is correct ...thank you :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Z-RSCaUfk

gatorcollector
05-15-2009, 02:01 PM
I'm not trying to stir up anything here, this is just an honest question. Does anybody here think any of these baseballs are worth $500?

sox83cubs84
05-15-2009, 02:34 PM
are you the dude on espn this morning at the brewers game?
I know Dave D. has visited Milwaukee many times in the past (such as the 2002 All-Star Game),but, no, he's not the guy that was allegedly asking for a "ransom". The articles say it's a guy named Nick Yohanek (a.k.a. "The Happy Youngster"), who does the same thing Dave D. does at Wrigley, although with less success and notoriety (until now).

Dave M.
Chicago area

33bird
05-15-2009, 02:43 PM
I absolutely don't think they are worth 500.00. But let the buyer decide. I got a Jason Varitek HR baseball in San Diego during a 2007 interleague game in SD. Ticket cost me 40.00 so I guess that's what it cost me for the HR ball. Plus, in my opinion, I'd much rather have a jersey or uniform of the player. If it's real they've probably hit HRS in the jersey and with the bat too. AND, at least their names are on those so......HR balls really have nothing on them to verify it's absolutely theirs. How can anybody know for sure my Varitek ball was really his? It's just my word. I would think 50-100.00 on the HR balls for the bigger name players. Just my 2 cents.

ballhawknet
05-15-2009, 05:22 PM
I'm not trying to stir up anything here, this is just an honest question. Does anybody here think any of these baseballs are worth $500?

lol , that why they are $500 or best offer.

and probably half I wouldnt sell for less than 500 .

Kind of rude gatorcollector to make that statement like that
out of the blue in my thread though .

Anytime someone says " not trying to stir up anything " you KNOW
that is exactly what they are trying to do !!!.

As to 33bird , I completely agree as to " HR balls really have nothing on them to verify it's absolutely theirs." that is why I go through the effort
of documenting them the way I do. Too bad there is not the availability to photomatch like with uniforms and bats. Although I do have quite a few
home runs in which I have video of the catch ( my personal camera ) where I show the ball. Can't get better than that !! :)

Back to Gator , if you think none of these balls are worth 500 than you would be absolutly floored at some prices I have sold balls for .....especially 3 figure batting practice hr balls :)

Normally I would ask that Gators comment be removed , but in this case I will let it pass . I want to make sure Karma sees it :)

sox83cubs84
05-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Both gatorcollector and 33bird made legitimate comments and asked legitimate questions, which you answered, although there was no need for the personal swipes, the karma comment, or the desire to have gatorcollector's post removed. Too bad your oversized ego that makes you believe than anyone who doesn't march in lockstep with you is part of a smear campaign gets in the way.

Dave M.
Chicago area

33bird
05-16-2009, 02:50 PM
Well said Dave.

ballhawknet
05-16-2009, 05:09 PM
Both gatorcollector and 33bird made legitimate comments and asked legitimate questions, which you answered, although there was no need for the personal swipes, the karma comment, or the desire to have gatorcollector's post removed. Too bad your oversized ego that makes you believe than anyone who doesn't march in lockstep with you is part of a smear campaign gets in the way.

Dave M.
Chicago area

lol...ok Dave . I bet most would disagree . Please tell me the legitimate question ? I can't find it . Imagine if you were at a show , and had your table set up ...and had some buyers looking and asking questions...then someone shows up and says " Does anyone think these balls are worth this much ! .."oh and im not trying to start anything " .

Tell you what , I bet if that happened in person and not behind a computer screen there might be an altercation .? Dont ya think.

And just becasue you are sore that I refuse to sell balls to you doesnt give you Dave the right to continually bash me to others in print and in person. You say your sorry , that your sick and have personal issues and you wont do it again and then you do ! wtf ??

Jealousy will get you nowhere.

gameused fan
05-16-2009, 09:32 PM
This really has nothing to do with this topic, but I just wanted to say that I once interviewed Dave Daverson for my college paper in Chicago, and he was cool enough to take the time to talk and let me shadow him while he did his ballhawking.

I was worried when I got his name and he said it was Dave Daverson. It kind of sounded made up, but all these years later, it's good to see he was telling the truth :)

joelsabi
05-17-2009, 06:35 PM

a collectors items is only worth what someone is willing pay for it.

taking a hypothetical big-time collector of fred mcgriff and comes across this homerun baseball of his favorite player by a ballhawker. you dont think he might consider forking over $500 for a homerun from his favorite players. its not like alex rodriguez hr baseballs that are more likely to be saved and later sold be whoever owns it. there are other avernue to find homerun ball for arod. but this may be the only homerun ball of fred mcgriff that the collector has ever seen. and the ballhawk has video of him catching it. if the mcgriff collector offer $400 and the seller refuse, i give it 50/50 chase that he goes to $450 or $500 to get that baseball.

to each his own i guess.

actually i was debating on whether to post because i think this section should be for the seller to sell his/her items. not a place to belittle items that someone is trying to sell.

schubert1970
05-17-2009, 07:03 PM
This is why the mlb authentic HR baseballs go for such a premium.

ndevlin
05-17-2009, 09:01 PM
What HR # is the McGriff ball?

WadeInBmore
05-17-2009, 10:50 PM
I just wanted to say that I purchased a Frank Thomas baseball (HR #327) from Dave and the experience was one of my favorite yet. The presentation of Dave's balls (please hold your laughter) only adds to the display value in my opinion. I found his price to be fair and reasonable as well as honest. I recieved a copy him catching the ball as well as his paperwork to accompany the HR artifact. I am glad to see Dave posting again on the forum and hope that some other collectors get the opprotunity to add a unique item to their ever growning collection.

Thanks Dave and good luck.

wade

nationals2k9
05-18-2009, 02:52 PM

I had a nice transaction with a fellow GU member for a signed and dated HR ball along with ticket stub and screen shots for $400 -- would argue the player is just as good as anyone listed here. I simply trusted the buyer about the value since he's more of an authority than me. I think I paid $80 for the ball.

ballhawknet
05-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Sorry for the delay in posting. With the Cubs at home and work im gone 24/7 . :) I will reply in reverse order

Wade - Thank you for very much for the kind words.

Ndevlin - I have two Mcgriff hrs. Both are unsigned . The one offered on this post is from 1998 99 ? , # 362 or 363. I will have to double check when I get home. The other is from his Cubs days but is above the 500 limit on here :)

Schubert1970 - Yes , the mlb authentication would be the gold standard for hr baseballs. That is what you are paying for , that mlb hologram. If Mr Medeima thinks I have " an oversized ego " thats fine. I do beleive with all the work I put into documenting my baseballs that they are worth more than just some random " joe schmo " selling baseballs.

Joelsabi - I couldnt agree with your post more. With each ball I have an opinion as to what they are worth ...to me. If anyone disagrees thats ok with me . Eventually I get what I think they are worth. Sometimes I have to wait a few years , or decades :)...but the price is met sooner or later ..usually. And in some occasions I give into someone who I think is polite and is not just trying to flip it and make a profit. And they get a good deal in my opinion.

gameusedfan - No wonder I could never find that story ....with my last name spelled that way....lol. I wish I could find the link to Mr Medemia's comment a few years ago ...where he said I turned down an interview request becasue " they werent big enough " implying I only talk to major newspapers or tv....lol . Truth is I much prefer to talk to local or college papers because they seam truely interested in my hobby and what I do.
Late in 2007 I had an interview request from Erin Andrews from ESPN whom I ran into while Bonds was in town chasing the record. After looking over her questions which were " why is 755 and 756 so important ? and " Why I am on Sheffield and not Waveland ....I declined thinking these questions were embarrassing to her .. and me !!

Lastly , I know very little about game used bats or jerseys and would never in a million years consider commenting on these items value in someone elses classifield ad . It is rude to me and to the rest of the forum, and yes I beleive I had the right to have those comments remove. But I didnt thinking I give the others a chance to express thier opinions and maybe some would come to my defense . And a number of them did through my personal email and others did on here. And I think you for that.

I also would never consider answering a question made out to the author of someone elses classified ad ( like Mr Medeima did ) I truly feel sorry for Dave and his illness and I guess I even feel a little bad that we , the Ballhawks , ignore him when stories are being written about us from time to time. There are reasons he is not included and I think this thread kind of gives you the idea why.

Thank you

GO CUBS !!!

sox83cubs84
05-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Dave D.

OK...you've said your piece, and I've said mine. As long as you refrain from suggesting someone's contrary opinion should be censored from the thread, I'll consider this debate over.

BTW...nice perseverance on the Soriano HR.

Dave M.
Chicago area

gatorcollector
05-19-2009, 05:54 PM
Ballhawk,

It was inappropriate of me to question the value of your items like I did and I apologize for doing so. Believe it or not, I really wasn't trying to start a fuss. (GUU has a few members who specialize in that - I am not one of them) I don't collect baseballs and I was trying to gauge other people's opinions as to their value.

I hope there's no hard feelings.

Your fellow collector,

Jay Couture

cigarman44
05-19-2009, 09:31 PM
I have worked with Dave and his associates and they have all be great. I love the presentation of the balls with the paperwork and hologram!

ballhawknet
08-03-2009, 07:18 PM
* bump ! ? ! *
THANKS TO THE FORUM FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO
LIST MY BASEBALLS

IVE BEEN COLLECTING HOMERUNS FOR THE BETTER PART OF TWO DECADES . PLEASE ASK ANY QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM OR EMAIL AT THE WEBSITE WWW.BALLHAWK.NET

PHOTOS FOR MOST IF IF THESE BASEBALLS ARE IN MY GALLERY , LINK ON THE FRONT PAGE OF BALLHAWK.NET

MOST BASEBALLS ARE TAGGED WITH A TAMPER PROOF NUMBERED HOLOGRAM AND ALL COME WITH A SIGNED AFFIDAVIT WHICH INCLUDES DETAILS AND PHOTOS OF THE BASEBALL

MOST OF THESE ARE ACTUAL HOME RUN BASEBALL UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE. COMING UP WITH SEPERATE PRICES IS HARD SO ALL ARE $ 500 EACH OR BEST OFFER SOME HAVE BEEN LASER ENGRAVED WITH THE DETAILS ... I WILL UPDATE THIS LIST WITH MORE DETAILS AND PHOTOS . I HAVE MORE , BUT THEY WOULD GO OVER THE 500 LIMIT FOR THIS FORUM .

THANK YOU
DAVE DAVISON

AUSTIN KEARNS ( AUTO )
2- MARQUIS GRISSOM ( 1 AUTO )
2- RICHARD HIDALGO ( 1 AUTO , BOTH FROM SAME GAME )
TODD WALKER ( AUTO )
LUIS SOJO ( AUTO )
ROBERT FICK
JOHN VANDERWAL
2- GREG VAUGHN ( BOTH AUTO , ONE FROM 3 HR GAME )
MARK JOHNSON ( AUTO )
EDDIE TAUBENSEE ( AUTO )
J.D. DREW
3- GLENALLEN HILL (ALL AUTO , ONE IS # 150 , )
KEVIN ORIE ( AUTO , ROOKIE HR )
CORKEY MILLER ( #2 OF 2 THAT DAY , SOSA HIT 61ST , LIBER 20TH WIN)
DAVID BELL
MARK BELLHORN ( AUTO " long gone to sheffield " )
DAMON EASLEY ( AUTO )
2- PAUL SORRENTO ( 1-AUTO )
EDWARDO PEREZ
JERMAINE DYE
DAMON BUFORD ( AUTO )
2- JEREMY BURNITZ ( AUTO )
GREG NORTON ( AUTO )
JUAN SAMUEL ( AUTO )
2- DEAN PLAMER ( 1 AUTO )
FRED MCGRIFF
2- KEVIN MENCH ( 2 FROM SAME GAME ROOKIE )
JOE ORSULAK ( AUTO )
TONY BATISTA ( AUTO OFF K.WOOD ROOKIE )
5- DERREK LEE ( 4 -AUTO ALL FROM 46 HR SEASON '05 )
2- GARY MATTHEWS ( ONE AUTO . 2ND CAREER HR )
4- ALEX GONZALEZ ( ALL AUTO )
3- MOISES ALOU ( ALL AUTO )
JEFF KING ( AUTO )
BROOKS KIESCHNICK ( AUTO , # 2 OF 2 THAT GAME )
ANDRUW JONES
ARAMIS RAMIREZ
RANDY WINN
3- PRESTON WILSON ( 2 AUTO , 3 DIFFERENT TEAMS )
DIANGELO JIMENEZ ( AUTO )
RONDELL WHITE ( AUTO )
RONNY CEDENO ( AUTO )
JUAN ENCARNACION ( AUTO )
2- TONY CLARK ( BOTH AUTO )
TONY GRAFFININO
GABE KAPLER ( AUTO )
RON KARKOVICE ( AUTO )
SHAWN GREEN ( AUTO )
LUIS GONZALEZ
MIKE LIEBERTHAL
2 JOSE HERNANDEZ ( BOTH AUTO , 1998 , SOSA HIT HR IN GAME )
GREG JEFFERIES ( AUTO )
NOMAR GARCIAPARRA
ADRIAN BELTRE ( AUTO , PSA )
MARK MCGWIRE ( 1999 3RD SPRING HR )
PAT MEARS
IVAN RODRIGUEZ
MICHAEL BARRETT ( AUTO )
HANK BLALOCK
GARRETT ANDERSON ( 2000 OPENING DAY BALL )
KEVIN JORDAN
BENNY AGBAYANI
KEN CAMINITI
RUBEN MATEO ( AUTO )
DAVID SEGUI
LANCE JOHNSON ( AUTO )
LEE STEVENS ( AUTO )
FERNANDO TATIS
TRAVIS FRYMAN

CAL RIPKEN BP HR OVER GREEN MONSTER ( 1999 ALL STAR BALL AUTO )
7/19/06 MADDUX VS CLEMENS GAME USED BALL ( 300 WIN MATCHUP 7TH TIME EVER !! ? ) LASER ENGRAVED WITH DETAILS

grenda12
08-04-2009, 08:57 AM
Ive emailed you several times and still no reply.

ballhawknet
08-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Ive emailed you several times and still no reply.

REALLY ? I SEEM TO REMEMBER THIS CONVERSATION :) IN MAY
THEN A COUPLE WEEKS AGO YOU EMAILED ASKING AGAIN HOW
MUCH TO HAVE IT DONE ??????

IM SORRY BUT I CAN'T GET IT DONE AT THIS TIME

RE: Game Used Home Run Baseballs See List from GUU.com‏
Sent: Fri 5/15/09 3:07 PM
To: mlballhawk@hotmail.com
Dave,

Let me think about it. Ill get back to you.

Thanks
Liz
To: getdown3@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Game Used Home Run Baseballs See List from GUU.com
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 14:53:11 -0500

Liz

It is $ 50 to have it engraved , which includes shipping it back to you.

I am surprised he didnt ask for it back. lll ask him about it next
week when they are in town.

DAVE

Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 14:47:56 -0500

Dave,

How much would that be? I didnt catch it but my boy friend did. No body came over and asked for it back.

Liz

To: getdown3@hotmail.com
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 13:02:19 -0500

Hi

Liz

Sure I could have it done .

Didnt AJ want the ball back ?

Did ya catch it on the fly ?

DAVE

Subject: Game Used Home Run Baseballs See List from GUU.com
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 02:05:13 -0500

I have previously caught a HR ball that came off A.J. Pierzynski's bat. I was wondering if you do engraving. If so, I'd like this engraved:

A.J. Pierzynski #12
HR #100 Career
April 29th, 2009

Let me know.

Liz

grenda12
08-04-2009, 09:44 AM
Really, well I appreciate you posting our email conversation here on guu.com.

Thanks for letting me know that your not able to do the engraving. A simple email back to me would have just fine instead of not responding.

ballhawknet
08-04-2009, 09:49 AM
Really, well I appreciate you posting our email conversation here on guu.com.

Thanks for letting me know that your not able to do the engraving. A simple email back to me would have just fine instead of not responding.

YOUR WELCOME . AS MUCH AS YOU MIGHT APPRECIATE ME POSTING OUR EMAIL CONVERSATION I EQUALLY APPRECIATE YOU GIVING OTHERS ON THE FORUM THE IMPRESSION THAT I DONT RESPOND TO EMAILS :)

NYCrulesU
08-04-2009, 10:41 AM
All I can say is wow. Whatever baseballs I might have wanted clearly will not be purchased based soley on the sellers holier than thou attitude, ridiculous ego and pompous replies. This is a case of the seller biting the hand that feeds them.

ballhawknet
08-04-2009, 12:16 PM
All I can say is wow. Whatever baseballs I might have wanted clearly will not be purchased based soley on the sellers holier than thou attitude, ridiculous ego and pompous replies. This is a case of the seller biting the hand that feeds them.

Thank you for your opinion. It is the second time in this thread that someone said something out of line. People should learn to think first
before they write something in a public forum . At least be accurate !
If you chose to deprive youself of something you want becasue of my reply to another forum memeber that doesnt bother me in the least.

Same with your opinon of me. Not sure how you get the opinion of " ridiculous ego " out of what I wrote . Actually you sound alot like someone else on this board who is not allowed to speak with/to me :) You dont know me and if you read this whole thread ( and others ) there seems to be alot of people who are very happy with the way I treat people and with the product I supply.

peace

DAVE

sox83cubs84
08-04-2009, 01:08 PM

AMEN!

Dave M.
Chicago area

camarokids
08-04-2009, 01:20 PM
To be quite honest, I am not sure why you are allowed to post your Home Run Baseballs on this forum??? :confused:

This forum is not supposed to be for dealers to sell their wares, but rather a place for collectors to sell their stuff.

Maybe a moderator can explain why???? Is this selective enforcement of the rules???

I think you qualify as a dealer.

I do agree with gatorcollector the prices seem quite high. But, if someone really wants an item and wants to pay your price. If they are happy that is all that matters.

ballhawknet
08-04-2009, 02:17 PM
camerokids

im not sure either what qualifies as being a dealer vs collector ?

as far as selective enforcement of the rules you need to look no further than this post to find rules being bent .

Again , as far as your opinion on prices ( and others who run this forum agree ) that stating such in a classified ad is inapproprate and I could not ever imagine anyone doing such a thing. The first person who did so in this thread eventually apologized and your free to do so when if and when you realize why it is wrong and im not going to bother explaining it to you if you dont understand . Ive done that once allready in this thread .

And the fact the Dave M chimmed in AGAIN in my thread against me is almost funny at this point. Especially when the guy sees me in person and tried to make nice and says how sorry he is for the things he says on here....and then does it again !!!!.

thanks for the laugh :)

sox83cubs84
08-04-2009, 02:50 PM
That's funny...I only recall attempting to speak to you once this season. It was about 6 weeks ago, and I was congratulating you on messing with the doorman on Sheffield who threw back the Jason Kubel home run during the Twins series. You may consider it "making nice", I saw it as a clever gag to pull on someone from the asinine "Throw It Back" crowd. Your response? You ignored me completely. Why do you not mention that episode? Or are you going to insist that "it never happened", like you have with other moments of pompousness that I have witnessed?

Enough for now...I've got something more important to do (cut my toenails).

Dave M.
Chicago area

camarokids
08-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Dave,

Re-read what I wrote.

I don't feel a need to apologize for I was not complaining about your prices.

"I do agree with gatorcollector the prices seem quite high. But, if someone really wants an item and wants to pay your price. If they are happy that is all that matters."

I was just seeing both sides of the coin as a neutral party and stating my opinion. It is my opinion to agree or disagree with others and for that I will not apologize.

Also, the rules are bent quite a bit on this site with selective enforcement.

You have HR balls for sale on your website, I think that would qualify you as a dealer.

If your HR baseballs are for for sale on any other venue or website or ebay, that is in violation of rules.....I did a copy and paste below....

"Please note that this forum is not for posting items that are currently for sale on eBay or any other venue."

As for the ego comments, I see where they are coming from as well.....you seem to be quite full of yourself.....