PDA

View Full Version : Holy Arod !

Vintagedeputy
05-08-2009, 06:16 PM
First game back from rehab. 2 walks ahead of him and the first pitch he sees, 3 run bomb!

You can't make this stuff up!

3arod13
05-08-2009, 07:14 PM
And that's why I'm an Arod fan and will continue to be one!

Mauer7
05-08-2009, 07:41 PM
THAT PITCH WAS TIPPED!!!!!:p

skyking26
05-08-2009, 08:01 PM
He could have homered 4x in the game and I'd have not gave a s*it. Never liked him; never will.

Those that said the spotlight was off because of Manny...think again.

jv225
05-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Followed by 2 K's and a weak ground out.

Vintagedeputy
05-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Followed by 2 K's and a weak ground out.

The bomb is all that matters!

justinlm24
05-08-2009, 08:23 PM
He could have homered 4x in the game and I'd have not gave a s*it. Never liked him; never will.

Those that said the spotlight was off because of Manny...think again.
Couldn't agree more....WHO CARES!!!!

notxpensv4u
05-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Same here........who cares? Not me.:D

dcgreg25
05-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Just got back from the game and Arod's bomb was pretty amazing! I am not a Yankees fan but the 10,000 Yankees fans at the stadium were going crazy. There was no doubt about that HR. Sabathia had a tough start but pitched out of trouble and went the distance striking out the side in the 9th if I recall correctly. Again, not a Yankees fan but it was good to see CC get on track.

jetersbatboy
05-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Who cares about Aroid!!! C.C. Threw a complete game, 4 hits, no run, allowed only one BB. I think Its better having C.C. to start getting hot then worry about Aroid.:D

suicide_squeeze
05-08-2009, 10:37 PM
You know what's sooo sad?

We should all be holding ourselves and our beliefs in what's right and wrong to a higher standard.

But we're fans of the game.......and being fans, we love the great players because they make us feel so good when they play for our team, or just fill our love for the game by their heroic deeds.

Even though they have done something completely disrepectful to the game, it's history, and essentially everything it stands for, they then do something spectacular, and our human nature instantly sends us back to our ten-year-old self who justs loves our player and the game again.....no matter what they have done to fall out of grace in the first place.

What a twisted, confused nature we humans have.....

3arod13
05-09-2009, 07:32 AM
Who cares about Aroid!!! C.C. Threw a complete game, 4 hits, no run, allowed only one BB. I think Its better having C.C. to start getting hot then worry about Aroid.:D

CC and the Yankees care about Arod. Without scoring runs, CC throwing a complete game, 4 hits, no runs, and only one BB, could have easily been a loss without ARod giving him a 3-run cushion. Arod gave CC a 3-run lead from the start. That's helps put the pitchers in a whole different mindset. Thanks Arod!

bigtime59
05-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Guthrie had absolutely nothing in the first inning, and tried to slip a get me over fastball past Miss Pay-Fraud on the first pitch of the AB. She proved that she can still jack the ball in (what is for her) April. Let's see if she can do that in October...oh, wait...like all the Yankee$, she'll be at home in October.
And, yeah, the Yankee$, should have gone after Smoltz and Saito...after all they failed to make it to the half a billion mark this winter! What's another hundred million or so to them? Change from the couch cushions in the YES reception area? A couple of guided tours of Albert Speer's airport lobby in the Bronx?

jetersbatboy
05-09-2009, 11:38 PM
CC and the Yankees care about Arod. Without scoring runs, CC throwing a complete game, 4 hits, no runs, and only one BB, could have easily been a loss without ARod giving him a 3-run cushion. Arod gave CC a 3-run lead from the start. That's helps put the pitchers in a whole different mindset. Thanks Arod!

I don't give a rip if Aroid hits four solo home runs. If your pitcher gives up 8 runs in the first two innings, like today It don't mean SH!T. A pitcher cant win a game but he can sure loss it. Like I said give me a hot C.C. any day over a Aroid with a home run!!!!