PDA

View Full Version : Extra! Extra! Nationals beat Dodgers!

Vintagedeputy
05-08-2009, 12:48 AM
Ok, maybe not so much of a big deal, but the Nats looked good tonight....breaking the Dodgers streak.

Good job boys!

allstarsplus
05-08-2009, 01:04 AM
I might as well not even go to sleep since it is 2:05AM EST.

Best comeback of the year!!!

Stat of the day:

5 starters batting over .300 :D
2 starters batting over .290 :o

Only 1 starting position player struggling at the plate. :rolleyes:

suicide_squeeze
05-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Andrew,

I gotta love it.......cudos to your team, partner!

But even when they led it 6-1, I could just feel the ballon deflating. The "Curse of the ManRambino" has begun....

On another note, I have to tell you....I was sitting out in a small group of hecklers at the game Wednesday night, and it was hysterical. These Dodger fans were BRUTALIZING your center fielder "Dukes" to the point I was starting to feel sorry for the guy. They were yelling "Dukie!!!.....I smeall a DUKIE!!!"

They were yelling in unison "DAISEY DUKES!" "DAISEY DUKES". It was hysterical. And the reason why was because Elijah Dukes was turning around and yelling BACK!!! While the game was going on, between pitches!! And sometimes, HE even found the heckling funny, so you could see his shoulders jiggling while he was laughing, followed by him shaking his head. It was a riot, and he was good natured about it all.

I actually like him now.

Just another reason to feel so blue about all of this Manny stuff that broke the following morning. Another good memory, tarnished and run over by yet another cheater in the game.:(

allstarsplus
05-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Andrew,

I gotta love it.......cudos to your team, partner!

But even when they led it 6-1, I could just feel the ballon deflating. The "Curse of the ManRambino" has begun....

On another note, I have to tell you....I was sitting out in a small group of hecklers at the game Wednesday night, and it was hysterical. These Dodger fans were BRUTALIZING your center fielder "Dukes" to the point I was starting to feel sorry for the guy. They were yelling "Dukie!!!.....I smeall a DUKIE!!!"

They were yelling in unison "DAISEY DUKES!" "DAISEY DUKES". It was hysterical. And the reason why was because Elijah Dukes was turning around and yelling BACK!!! While the game was going on, between pitches!! And sometimes, HE even found the heckling funny, so you could see his shoulders jiggling while he was laughing, followed by him shaking his head. It was a riot, and he was good natured about it all.

I actually like him now.

Just another reason to feel so blue about all of this Manny stuff that broke the following morning. Another good memory, tarnished and run over by yet another cheater in the game.:(

Elijah Dukes has tools! If he can put it all together, I see a player who can be a 25/25 guy.

Besides that I am handling game used for him!!! So let me know if you want any bats, cleats, batting gloves or jerseys!!!

markize
05-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Elijah Dukes has tools! If he can put it all together, I see a player who can be a 25/25 guy.

Besides that I am handling game used for him!!! So let me know if you want any bats, cleats, batting gloves or jerseys!!!

Is that Mark Cuban with Dukes? LOL! Sorry, A.L. It's the first thing I thought when I saw the pic.

Mark

Capital-Sports
05-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Dukes is a terd........always was and always will be in my book. I played against him in HS, he was and is good..but as a person I think otherwise... as do ALOT of Tampa Bayers...........His rep here in his hometown is bad....just saying....

allstarsplus
05-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Is that Mark Cuban with Dukes? LOL! Sorry, A.L. It's the first thing I thought when I saw the pic.

Mark

Too funny, but at least you knew it was (really) me!!!

Capital-Sports - He has been a solid guy here in Washington other than an on the field blow up and being late once to practice.

His off-field problems in Tampa have been written about and debated, and luckily we live in a world of 2nd chances.

I have found him to be extremely nice and giving of his time for charity. He always talks about his kids and how he loves spending time with them.

So I am hoping his problems are behind him and we see him getting better and better in all facets of his personal and professional lives. :D

Capital-Sports
05-10-2009, 02:24 AM
Thats good to hear about Dukes. Maybe I should pick up a signed baseball of him one day...

kellsox
05-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Just read up on some of his issues- seems like a tough guy to root for.
k

skyking26
05-10-2009, 09:50 AM
All these posts and no mention of Dunn's bat for Nationals. Take him away and they are not winning games... I'd expect the Dodgers wish they picked him up instead of Manny??? Guy is around .300 with 9 HRS, come on...

No interest in Dukes Andrew, but maybe Dukes can talk to Dunn about floating stuff your way. If I landed a jersey, then cleats would follow, etc. And, a uncracked bat, and..........

Talk to ya - RHKJR

:D

AWA85
05-10-2009, 10:13 AM
All these posts and no mention of Dunn's bat for Nationals. Take him away and they are not winning games...

10 wins..... not sure if that is something to say he is leading the team to victory? :D I was skeptical and still love Dunn but Cincy is a whole new team without him and Griffey and it is for the better.

By the way, found somebody that has a Dunn fielding glove. Not sure if it is for sale at all.... and can't guarantee it has much use since Dunn used it (just kidding).

joelsabi
05-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Ok, maybe not so much of a big deal, but the Nats looked good tonight....breaking the Dodgers streak.

Good job boys!

Zimmerman is looking like a good young ballplayer with the bat. always been solid fielder.

suicide_squeeze
05-10-2009, 11:25 AM

Andrew,

I know where to go if I want his stuff, thanks!

Hey, just for kicks, next time you see him, ask him about the two-game Dodger series. Tell him you chat with a guy who's on the GUU, and he mentioned how you were taking a verbal beating of the ages in Los Angeles in right-center field.....I'd like to see if he comments on it. He sure was cherping back at them, I'm sure he remembers it WELL...:D

Regards,

Steve

skyking26
05-10-2009, 04:23 PM
10 wins..... not sure if that is something to say he is leading the team to victory? :D I was skeptical and still love Dunn but Cincy is a whole new team without him and Griffey and it is for the better.

By the way, found somebody that has a Dunn fielding glove. Not sure if it is for sale at all.... and can't guarantee it has much use since Dunn used it (just kidding).
I never said Dunn was leading Nats to victory...but he was a key in many and he remains an under the radar guy...

Regarding the glove, I know of one floating around with near no use being sold by 2 women (Esken LOA, but he id'd it as game ready I believe and someone scribbled it out). No interest at all in that if you are referring to that one. I know there is another Dunn sold to Elite. Elite offered it to me for $400, then told me they did not get it when in actuality they sold it to a forum member here for $600... Dirty.

I did alot of bi*chen', and they told me if I wanted a jersey that was on ebay they'd pull it and sell me that. Thing is...that jersey had several bids. I'm not about to screw over others for my gain. Not everyone plays by those rules...

LMK what the deal is with the glove. If this belongs to the guy who bought it in early 08...I'm sure he'll never sell it.

allstarsplus
05-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Andrew,

I know where to go if I want his stuff, thanks!

Hey, just for kicks, next time you see him, ask him about the two-game Dodger series. Tell him you chat with a guy who's on the GUU, and he mentioned how you were taking a verbal beating of the ages in Los Angeles in right-center field.....I'd like to see if he comments on it. He sure was cherping back at them, I'm sure he remembers it WELL...:D

Regards,

Steve

Steve - I will see him Thursday or Friday and will let you know what he says.

I never said Dunn was leading Nats to victory...but he was a key in many and he remains an under the radar guy...

On the Dunn situation, he isn't under the radar in DC. He strikes fear in most opposing pitchers and makes the batters around him better. His glove is what is the problem but with AD you take the Great with the bat. I like having him in DC!

skyking26
05-10-2009, 08:42 PM
At least you and others appreciate his talents... He'd be appreciated here too. Reds faithful did not from what I have read...

nationals2k9
05-12-2009, 02:27 PM
http://www.nbcwashington.com/sports/baseball/Owen-Wilson-is-Nats-Latest-Reliever.html

AWA85
05-12-2009, 03:09 PM
http://www.nbcwashington.com/sports/baseball/Owen-Wilson-is-Nats-Latest-Reliever.html

All around Nats slam there, wonder how much Owen's game used jerseys will go for?

Vintagedeputy
05-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Wow, that story writer is a turd.