PDA

View Full Version : Who is sick and tired of hearing about Arod?

3arod13
05-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Who is sick and tired of hearing about Arod?

I am!

Vintagedeputy
05-06-2009, 04:16 PM

I am!

Arod is!

3arod13
05-06-2009, 04:19 PM
My only concerns are related to baseball (steriods, pitch tipping, etc.).

I couldn't care less outside of baseball what he or anyone else does.

camarokids
05-06-2009, 04:35 PM

I am!

Hey Tony,

Does this mean you are going to change your member ID? ;)

joelsabi
05-06-2009, 04:39 PM
My only concerns are related to baseball (steriods, pitch tipping, etc.).

I couldn't care less outside of baseball what he or anyone else does.

on the pitch tipping:

"Not to downplay in any way the evils of steroids in our game, but I would say that would be 10 times worse than steroids," Rangers third baseman Michael Young told me Friday. "As a ballplayer, it couldn’t get much lower than something like that."

Young had anger when he made that statement. But not anger aimed at A-Rod. If Alex has a more loyal baseball friend than Mike Young, he has yet to surface. Young might be his only friend left, but no player has a better reputation in the game than Michael when it comes to being respected and well-liked.

"I think this is all crap," Young said. "It’s been one thing after another aimed at Alex. I’m tired of it. Unnamed people continually saying this and that. If you’ve got something to say, have the guts to use your name.

"Tipping pitches among his friends? I never even heard of that. But I’ll go out on a limb and say if Alex was doing it he would have asked me to be a part of that, even after he left here. I’m one of his best friends."

Young played second base, next to Alex at shortstop, when they were teammates. Then Young moved to shortstop when Alex left for the Yankees.

"I played beside him for three years here, and never saw anything close to him signaling opposing hitters on what was coming. It’s crap. All crap," said Michael.

justinlm24
05-06-2009, 05:05 PM
I was never an A-rod fan to begin with. So I'm glad to see him get what's coming to him. Whatever that may be. I just can't wait for his first game back at fenway park. He will be sittin in the dugout with his blanky and sucking his thumb.....as the chants of AAAAAAAAA-ROOOOID fill the air....MUAHAHAHAHAHA

both-teams-played-hard
05-06-2009, 08:07 PM
oooo! ooooooo! ooooo! ooooooooo! ooo! ooooo!
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5127/horseshack.jpg
ooooooo! ooo! oooooo! ooooo!

Rob L
05-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Not me! Just started reading the book. I love this crap. Now, I may have to sell my 1995 ST Arod jersey while I still can!!!:)

cjclong
05-07-2009, 08:08 AM
The pitch tipping is a legitimate issue. And except for the anonymous quotes in Robert's book she has nothing. ARod was supposedly tipping pitches so other players would do the same for him. Who were these players who were then also pitch tipping to ARod. Did Roberts ask who they were to or make any attempt to find out? If not why not? If the anonymous player or players can't say who ARod was tipping to that makes what they say suspect. Why didn't the anonymous player tell the pitcher whose pitches were being tipped. Did Roberts ask who the pitcher or pitchers were, did the player tell them and if not why not? If the anonymous player was "outraged" about the pitch tipping why didn't they tell the manager or pitching coach or at least the pticher. If they said they told the pitcher Roberts could follow up and see if that was true. If they told nobody that makes it suspect. In fact, from exerpt in SI it appears the anonymous player says he warned ARod he was being too obvious. That doesn't sound real "outraged" does it. It appears Roberts didn't do the minimum that a journalist should do to check a story, or to put it in context at least by saying the players would not tell her who ARod was tipping. And yes, I'm tired of the story, but the pitch tipping needs to be checked out and right now there are a lot of unanswered questions and holes in Roberts accusations.