PDA

View Full Version : EBAY:Dustin Pedroia Team USA Game Used Worn Batting Helmet

maccamania
05-06-2009, 06:45 AM
I know we have some team USA experts on this forum, can anyone date this and also give their opinion on the helmet.....
Item number: 320368359865http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/globalAssets/rtCurve.gif
thank you

justinlm24
05-06-2009, 09:27 AM
What year did the seller say this helmet was used? I don't believe the logo on this helmet is from this years WBC. Go to Getty Images and pull up some images. May be able to find a photomatch.

perlman9
05-06-2009, 09:35 AM
I may be wrong, but I think these may have been sold on a Hunt Auction not too long ago? I remember a Pedroia lot and an Upton, so may want to ask if they can from that lot or maybe someone on here knows? I know I won a bunch of Team USA bats so I think that may be where they came from?

maccamania
05-06-2009, 11:36 AM
I may be wrong, but I think these may have been sold on a Hunt Auction not too long ago? I remember a Pedroia lot and an Upton, so may want to ask if they can from that lot or maybe someone on here knows? I know I won a bunch of Team USA bats so I think that may be where they came from?

seller claims helmet is from 2002 when Pedroia wore #2 for team USA.

russyurk
05-06-2009, 12:19 PM
What year did the seller say this helmet was used? I don't believe the logo on this helmet is from this years WBC. Go to Getty Images and pull up some images. May be able to find a photomatch.
This is definltly from the early 2000's, the current logo is very different. Pedroia played in 2002 & 03 and the style is consistent.

joelsabi
05-06-2009, 03:23 PM
seller claims helmet is from 2002 when Pedroia wore #2 for team USA.

i think he claims an inscription inside the helmet. is that right?

maccamania
05-06-2009, 06:29 PM
i think he claims an inscription inside the helmet. is that right?

yes thats what he claims, its very hard to see.....

maccamania
05-06-2009, 06:33 PM
This is definltly from the early 2000's, the current logo is very different. Pedroia played in 2002 & 03 and the style is consistent.

do you think the helmet has merit ??

suave1477
05-06-2009, 07:25 PM

Team USA is not just the WBC Team it is also the countries team for such events as the Olympics and Pan Am games.
This also a double ear flap helmet which would be more commonly worn for Team USA as most of them are usually college kids and minor leaguers.

maccamania
05-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Team USA is not just the WBC Team it is also the countries team for such events as the Olympics and Pan Am games.
This also a double ear flap helmet which would be more commonly worn for Team USA as most of them are usually college kids and minor leaguers.

good point Suave, Pedroia was a freshman at ASU in 2002 where he was a SS........