PDA

View Full Version : Best place for college jerseys

CUTiger23
05-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Hey guys. I just signed up after stumbling across this on a google image search. I saw a guy with some Clemson jerseys and was wondering where might be the best place to get college jerseys. I have had interest in game used before but do not really know where to look besides ebay. My current collection consists of:

Nate Newton game (or at least team issued) jerseys with panthers - bought at team store during Training camp
Steven Jackson practice jersey - bought at Panthers store, talking Clemson former FB, not good RB
Anthony Simmons game (but probably team issued) jersey from 98 - bought off ebay
Anthony Simmons game jersey from 1999. Has the anniversary patch and shows tons of game use and repais - from ebay

hockeytigers
05-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Welcome!! It is great to have another Clemson guy on this site. I am a former football player for Clemson and I know that there is a guy on here that only collects Clemson items...he has a pretty good collection of Clemson goodies.

CUTiger23
05-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Thanks. I would love to see it. I mainly collect cards and 8x10s, but I have always been intrigued by game used items. If you or anyone else has a photobucket or something that showcases you collection, I would love to see it.

BULBUS
05-05-2009, 12:34 PM
http://www.collegejersey.com/store/listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=48

buckeyegamers
05-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Welcome CUTiger23, www.collegejersey.com (http://www.collegejersey.com) has a few Clemson jerseys on his site. I do think they tend to be a little high priced, but they list some auctions on ebay and their jerseys can be had cheaper if you keep your eye open for them.

CUTiger23
05-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Yeah. I have come across them on ebay, but they seem to have mainly lineman with NNOB which is nice, but I am more looking for skill type players with names on the back. The guy who I came across here had Leroy Hill and Justin Miller Clemson gamers with the names so I am looking for something like that.

buckeyegamers
05-05-2009, 01:12 PM
It's difficult to find college jerseys with the names still attached. As I understand NCAA guidelines the schools can not sell their jerseys with the names still attached as long as the player still has eligability remaining. Because of this most schools tend to remove ALL the nameplates before they get rid of their jerseys.

CUTiger23
05-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Yeah, that is what I have heard. I guess it may be easier to focus on their pro jerseys

buckeyegamers
05-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Yeah, that is what I have heard. I guess it may be easier to focus on their pro jerseys

:D :D :D Now you're talkin!!!! I started the same way you have, I started collecting NCAA game used jerseys. That soon got way out of hand so I started to limit my collecting to game worn or team issued NFL jerseys of former Ohio State players, I just went over 100 jerseys of former Buckeys. Take a look at my photobucket. http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w14/buckeyegamers/NFL%20Game%20Worn%20Jerseys%20of%20former%20Buckey es/

CUTiger23
05-05-2009, 03:09 PM
:D :D :D Now you're talkin!!!! I started the same way you have, I started collecting NCAA game used jerseys. That soon got way out of hand so I started to limit my collecting to game worn or team issued NFL jerseys of former Ohio State players, I just went over 100 jerseys of former Buckeys. Take a look at my photobucket. http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w14/buckeyegamers/NFL%20Game%20Worn%20Jerseys%20of%20former%20Buckey es/

That is an impressive collection. I am not a big OSU fan, but I really like Chris Speilman so the gamer and authentics are pretty darn cool.

buckeyegamers
05-05-2009, 07:12 PM
That is an impressive collection. I am not a big OSU fan, but I really like Chris Speilman so the gamer and authentics are pretty darn cool.

That's ok I'm not a big Clemson fan. But you do have one advantage, you only have to chase 21 different current NFL players where I have 50 current NFL players that played for the Buckeyes to chase down. :D :D :D

TAFKADixie
05-05-2009, 07:20 PM
WELCOME! It really is surprising how many Clemson collectors there are here. You make 5 that I know of.

Oh yeah, Photobuckets that show Clemson items interest you? You may want to click that little link down there. ;)

TAFKADixie
05-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Yeah. I have come across them on ebay, but they seem to have mainly lineman with NNOB which is nice, but I am more looking for skill type players with names on the back. The guy who I came across here had Leroy Hill and Justin Miller Clemson gamers with the names so I am looking for something like that.

The reason CollegeJerseys have mainly NNOB are because the majority of their items are the '39 throwbacks that Clemson wore in 1995 & 1996. They never had NOB.

TAFKADixie
05-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Hey guys. I just signed up after stumbling across this on a google image search. I saw a guy with some Clemson jerseys and was wondering where might be the best place to get college jerseys. I have had interest in game used before but do not really know where to look besides ebay. My current collection consists of:

Nate Newton game (or at least team issued) jerseys with panthers - bought at team store during Training camp
Steven Jackson practice jersey - bought at Panthers store, talking Clemson former FB, not good RB
Anthony Simmons game (but probably team issued) jersey from 98 - bought off ebay
Anthony Simmons game jersey from 1999. Has the anniversary patch and shows tons of game use and repais - from ebay

Sorry about the multiple posts, I don't know how to multiquote. Anyway, it's AMAZING how many Simmons "gamers" there are on ebay. I've seen at least a dozen of the 98s over the years and they aren't all the same as I know 4 people that still own them. As I told golfnut, there were a ton of them to flood ebay in the late 90s/early 200s. Interestingly enough, the same time spandex-sided Rawlings Tiger stripe necked blanks were hitting as well. I don't doubt the authenticity of the 99, but I'd be at least cautious as to the 98 even being team issued.

gatorcollector
05-05-2009, 07:36 PM
OK, I'm going to have to chime in here. While I'm sure Clemson and Ohio State are nice places to go to college, neither of them have won the BCS National Championship 2 of the past 3 years, not to mention back-to-back basketball championships. :)

Seriously, those are both great collections. I think us college collectors are among the most dedicated and passionate in the hobby. We love our schools, we love the guys who play for them, and the players who are represented in our collections are the best of the best - the ones good enough to play in the pros.

CUTiger23
05-05-2009, 08:03 PM
WELCOME! It really is surprising how many Clemson collectors there are here. You make 5 that I know of.

Oh yeah, Photobuckets that show Clemson items interest you? You may want to click that little link down there. ;)

Yeah, I saw you post yours on TigerNet and was very impressed. That is simply amazing. To piggyback onto your other post, here is my folder that has the Simmons. I got the years wrong since I have 1999 and then a 2000 with the anniversary patch and lots of visible use. The tagging seemed right on the 1999 one for the time, but if you want to see pics, I have them with some 8x10s and other auto'd jerseys/memorabilia that I own.

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h274/brad23_photos/Other%20Collectibles%20NFT/

UGA-1
05-05-2009, 08:19 PM
I would have to agree with GC on the passionate part. Once a Dawg, Tiger, or Tim Tebow University:D , your ALWAYS loyal. In the NFL you can be a Steeler one year and a Cowboy the next. I have actually sold most of my NFL jerseys and put together a nice Dawg collection. I was however recruited by Clemson so I'm kinda a "closet" tiger fan. Plus, Death Valley is an absolutley awesome place to see a football game!

I think JO sports had a nice 05 James Davis Champs Sports Bowl jersey for sale. Heres the link..
http://www.josportsco.com/view_product.asp?ProductID=1671

cugolfnut
05-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Welcome to the forum Tiger fan. All I can say is you have to hunt this stuff down, it just doesn't show up at your doorstep like we all wish it would. I'd be embarrassed to say how many hours I spend searching for this stuff, but it's the thrill of the hunt when you find something you really want. Here is some of my stuff....which include anthony simmons, leroy hill, justin miller, rod gardner, woody dantzler, brian dawkins...those are the names i have.

cugolfnut
05-05-2009, 09:23 PM
some more....

CUTiger23
05-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks UGA-1. That is a very nice jersey of JD, but way out of my range. I would love to own a gamer of him someday though.

cugolfnut, your Dantzler jersey is actually what up in my Google Image search. That is a very nice collection there. If you can give me any tips of where to look or perhaps where you found yours that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

halzeus
05-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Welcome to the board CUTiger! I collect University of Michigan authentic retail and game jerseys. Like others have said, the thrill of the hunt is what draws me to this hobby.

I spend a fair amount of time each week searching ebay, other auction sites, and Craigslist for jerseys.

Last month, I discovered a find of a lifetime on Craigslist: a Michigan game helmet and jersey worn by 1977 All American Walt Downing. Not only are they awesome pieces, they are autographed by Downing and Bo Schembechler.

Just enjoy the hunt because when you find a prize, it's worth it.

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk225/halzeus/Michigan%20Wolverines/th_Helmet_front.jpg (http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk225/halzeus/Michigan%20Wolverines/?action=view&current=Helmet_front.jpg)http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk225/halzeus/Michigan%20Wolverines/th_jersey_front1.jpg (http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk225/halzeus/Michigan%20Wolverines/?action=view&current=jersey_front1.jpg)

CUTiger23
05-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Thanks. If anyone can inform me on other auction sites, that would be great. Like I said, I mainly do cards and auto'd memorabilia but that thrill of the chase is there and I really like it.

Also, halzeus, nice Michigan collection. I actually grew up a big fan of Michigan and still follow them right behind Clemson which is why I have PSA/DNA auto'd jerseys of Chad Henne and Charles Woodson. That is simply a great find on that Schembechler helmet. I have TTM autograph TK Legacy cards of President Ford and Bo among other great Wolverines.