PDA

View Full Version : bootleg eli manning ole miss jersey...

clinton2828
05-03-2006, 04:51 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ELI-MANNING-OLE-MISS-GAME-ISSUED-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ8805992396QQcategoryZ86829QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

the name on the back dose not match the lettering used by ole miss that year..this jersey seems to just be a customized blank that was customzed a little wrong...watch out

worldchamps
05-03-2006, 05:17 PM
Well he is claiming to have a letter from college jersey .com. They are a member of this website.......do you have any response to this??

Eric
05-03-2006, 05:54 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ELI-MANNING-OLE-MISS-GAME-ISSUED-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ8805992396QQcategoryZ86829QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

the name on the back dose not match the lettering used by ole miss that year..this jersey seems to just be a customized blank that was customzed a little wrong...watch out

What happened when you contacted the seller? According to the rules of the forum, which have been explained many times, you should have contacted the seller and given them 24 hours to respond.

Eric

mchmaj
05-03-2006, 06:38 PM
For sure during Manning first year with ole miss, the uniforms DID HAVE "R" russell logo sewn on on left shoulder,
heres picture

the seller that sells this jersey is "SAFE" beacuse he said its ISSUED so made for him but never arrives old miss because ole miss made contract with russell ??

FYI, sometime home and away jerseys got different letters n numbers fonts.

suave1477
05-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Eric I agree with you!! The seller should be asked but I also think CollegeJersey.com should chime in on this one also since they issused the LOA. Maybe they can also help shed some light on this situtation since they happen to be an active member of this forum.

collegejersey.com
05-04-2006, 06:38 AM
Hi everyone,

I can't give you exact details about this jersey without the name of the customer. I will do some reasearch and see what I can come up with.

What I can tell you is that we acquired over 500 Ole Miss jerseys a couple of years back and that the Russell jerseys came with various patching combinations. Sometime both SEC & Russell patch, sometime one or the other and sometime neither. They cleaned out all thier russell inventory when they signed on with Nike so there were lots of jerseys which hadn't been patched for various reasons.

Upon looking at the picture of this one, b/c it doesn't have both the Russell & SEC it indicates to me that it is NOT game used, but it does look correct in terms of the other details to be issued.

If anyone has specific questions, let me know, otherwise I will post again with what I find.

Thanks,
Scott

Scott O. Kent
President
www.collegejersey.com (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/www.collegejersey.com)
Game Used Jerseys and More...
Get the real deal.
11965 SW 142nd Terrace
Suite 109
Miami, FL 33186
877.251.GAME | Toll-Free
sales@collegejersey.com | Email

clinton2828
05-04-2006, 10:58 AM
the jersey itself looks legit...the name plate seems to be replaced or duplicated thats all......idk about the patches on the front.....

Eric
05-04-2006, 11:02 AM
the jersey itself looks legit...the name plate seems to be replaced or duplicated thats all......idk about the patches on the front.....

1) Thanks to Scott for his input. We look forward to hearing anything else you can offer to the topic.

2) Clinton- what about the fact that you should have gone to the seller first before making your conclusions?????
Eric

collegejersey.com
05-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Hi Everyone,

Wanted to follow up with everyone on the Ole Miss jersey. For privacy reasons, I am not able to discuss any particular information on buyer or transaction, however I can tell you that we sold an Ole Miss Team Issued #10 jersey in February of 2004. I can't confirm that this is it, but can say there is one out in the market. If there is anything else I can do or anyone has other non customer specific questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,
Scott

Scott O. Kent
President
www.collegejersey.com (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/www.collegejersey.com)
Game Used Jerseys and More...
Get the real deal.
11965 SW 142nd Terrace
Suite 109
Miami, FL 33186
877.251.GAME | Toll-Free
305.774.6603 | Fax
sales@collegejersey.com | Email

Brian4lev
05-15-2006, 07:42 PM
I own an authentic/mass produced Eli Manning #10 Red Jersey that I purchased from the Ole Miss Book Store. They were selling authentics and I had the team equipment manager sell me an authentic nameplate. The jersey you are all discussing is an absolute mass produced second hand fraud.
I will post pics of my jersey as I have recently had it signed by Eli through Steiner!