PDA

View Full Version : Vintage NFL jerseys that I wanted to share w/ the forum

Dewey2007
05-03-2009, 05:18 PM
Today, I had the pleasure of meeting Diane LeMoine, the wife of former pro football player Jim LeMoine. Jim LeMoine, who passed away in 2000, was originally from my hometown and played three years (1967-69) in the old AFL with the Bills and Oilers. His wife, who was as nice as could be, is now loaning some mementos from his playing days to the sports exhibit I'm helping to coordinate.

I'll tell you, my eyes lit up when I saw these jerseys!! She told me that they had just been sitting up in her attic collecting dust. Anyhow, we had been exchanging e-mails for a few months so it was very nice to get a chance to meet her in person. I was also happy to be able to pass on a nice picture of her late husband from his playing days which she appreciated very much. The pics below are of the following:

1968 Houston Oilers home and road jerseys
1970 Oakland Raiders jersey (preseason only, he didn't make the team that year)
Bills and Oilers football helmet plaques (not sure if these are authentic helmets that were used but very cool items regardless)

*NOTE: these are not my jerseys and they are not for sale so please do not ask

cordovacollector
05-03-2009, 06:21 PM
"A thing of beauty is a joy to behold."

Thanks for posting those pics!

G1X
05-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Dewey,

Those jerseys are every durene and AFL collector's dream! Thanks so much for sharing.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for WFL and Atlanta Falcons Jerseys

cordovacollector
05-03-2009, 08:14 PM
OK, I know poetry is not necessarilty a "guy thing" but I do know many a fellow that will occassionally admit to reading a little of it in their Man Cave. It's sorta like not wanting to admit you've watched "Rudy" or "Brian's Song" more than once.

But given the history of the jerseys pictured above of a warrior who has passed on, I looked up more of the Keats' quote and it seems so fitting for these jerseys and the history and honor we do behold on them:

A thing of beauty is a joy for ever:
Its loveliness increases; it will never
Pass into nothingness; but still will keep
A bower quiet for us, and a sleep
Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing ....