PDA

View Full Version : OT: Kentucky Derby

trsent
05-03-2009, 10:44 AM
I usually don't bet this race, since the field is usually huge and it is hard to pick anything with that many horses. This year my wife waned to bet the race, so we went to the track the night before and placed our bets.

The good news is that we got half our money back because the favorite was scratched since we were not even close with our other picks (I bet the 11 and the 1, she bet the 6).

Anyway, did it look like there were 18 horses running in slow motion and one running fast? What a weird race.

Did anyone see when the trainer, after the race, gave the NBA announcer a hard time for asking him about driving the 1700 miles from New Mexico to Kentucky? He stormed away, on his crutches, saying something like, "Maybe now people will ask me about the horse and not about the stupid drive". He was really mad.

ironmanfan
05-03-2009, 11:03 AM
Although I know nothing about Horse Racing, I attended a Kentucky Derby party yesterday (mostly for the food & drink) and each person had to pick a horse to win. I looked at the lineup, basically just looking for a name & since I'm a Baltimore Orioles fan, I chose "Mine that Bird." Obviously people were laughing at me telling me it was a 50-1 shot, etc., but guess who is laughing now?..(won enough money to cover my MEARS Auction winnings plus some left over)....Good time was had!

TigerSteve
05-03-2009, 01:09 PM
I think they were running slower because of the track conditions. To me it was a pretty boring race. Other than the winner coming up the rail all of the horses seemed to be stuck, none of them were able to get to the outside and run.