PDA

View Full Version : Opinions needed on washed vs. unwashed uniforms??

skinsfan0521
05-03-2009, 07:19 AM
So, it's kind of an odd question, but I know an NFL player and I'm going to be asking him for some parts (or all of) his uniform from a game this year.

I started thinking about it the other day and I was wondering if I wanted to ask him for them washed or unwashed? Unwashed would be easier to photomatch most likely, but wouldn't they really start to stink after a while??? He's an OL, so his pants for example will probably have plenty of sweat and just plain stink on them, wouldn't ya think?

Just wondering what everybody's opinions are of it and what your experiences have been with washed vs unwashed photomatching and anything else that you'd like to offer up.

Thanks a lot!

-Brian

ironmanfan
05-03-2009, 11:20 AM
A simple solution would simply be to ask him for them unwashed and then once you get it home and look (and smell..lol) it over, decide then what you want to do....

Lokee
05-03-2009, 12:02 PM
If you feel wierd asking for them un-washed just say "Hey man you don't need to wash your uniform as I would prefer to keep the uniform in it's original state the more use, dirt and grime the better (insert laugh or checkle by yourself)" something along those lines. Iam sure he will understand.

Lokee
05-03-2009, 12:03 PM
*checkle* = chuckle :)

skinsfan0521
05-03-2009, 12:18 PM
ironmanfan - I was thinking that too, but then I wasn't sure if I would want to be the one who washed it. Like, what if I washed it and some letters then started to come un-sewn or something like that... then I'd be really mad. haha

Lokee - That's not a bad idea... I'll just say that I want it as used and marked up as possible.

My other option is to just ask him for a uniform and not specify if I want it washed or not (although now I'm leaning towards the "you don't have to" line). Because it's not like I'm going to cause or save him any work with the washing it. He doesn't wash his own uniform anyway, it's all done by the equipment guys anyway.

Thanks for the comments... anybody else have any experience with washed vs unwashed??

-Brian