PDA

View Full Version : OT: Value of a Media Guide

intheminors
05-01-2009, 12:40 PM
Guys,

I have someone that wants to buy this from me and I have no idea what the value is. Any of your guys that collect media guides have a suggestion?

It's 65 pages and full color. I think I've had it in my hands once so it's in mint condition

Any help is appreciated.

Kyle

David
05-01-2009, 12:55 PM
$40. Just a guess.

I've owned 1950s-80s regular season MLB, NFL and NBA media guides and they are collectible. As they are for the media (newspaper editors and writers, television broadcasters, etc) not the public they are limited in number. A media guide is not like a program or magazine that is available to general public.

David
05-01-2009, 01:08 PM
As a side note, I won at auction a small portion of the estate of NFL Hall of Fame coach Weeb Ewbank, and he had a media guide from every year he was a head coach. The early ones from when he was with the AFL's Colts were fairly valuable ... He kept tons of mementos from his career, including 1920s programs from when he was a college football player, memorabilia from when he was a college assistant basketball coach, the handwritten plays and notebooks from he was an AFL & NFL coach, etc.