PDA

View Full Version : Just won a American Memorabilia auction and WOW....

TAFKADixie
04-30-2009, 08:11 PM
I was fully aware of the 20% juice but to pay $150 for a $100 top and ONLY bid took me by surprise. There is no way in the world I was expecting a $19.50 shipping fee PLUS a $10 handling fee for a jersey. I think Hunt charged me $7 to ship by UPS and it was here in 3 days. This is coming FedEx but I'm fairly certain it isn't next day air. Even if it was, it's not like I needed it by the weekend. I don't have a game or anything. =)

TriplexXxSports
04-30-2009, 08:28 PM
$21.00 for a pair of cleats. Said to be coming FedEx, showed up Priority (USPS).

Just another batch of BS they are notorious for.

I'd be willing to bet that they 'mysteriously' never received your payment and you have to pester them for 2 weeks.

God, the stories I could go into about my times with AMI.

Good luck my man, and hopefully they will come through - Even though it is a complete rip-off.

earlywynnfan
04-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Call them, ask for Kieta. Every time I'd win like one stinkin' baseball, they'd want to charge me $20 to ship. I'd get her and she'd take off a bunch.

Ken

mvandor
04-30-2009, 09:22 PM
Call them, ask for Kieta. Every time I'd win like one stinkin' baseball, they'd want to charge me $20 to ship. I'd get her and she'd take off a bunch.

Ken

The good old days, the pre-pre bankruptcy days. Ah, memories. :p

Ozric
04-30-2009, 09:27 PM
Try getting charged $170.00 for shipping/packing from Grey Flannel. I won a framed jersey in this past auction and got my invoice which included a shipping charge for $50.00 and a packing charge of $120.00...

TriplexXxSports
05-01-2009, 06:05 AM
Just an update to those who bid in this last auction......THEY SHUT DOWN THE SITE!

It think it is finally all over for them!

aeneas01
05-01-2009, 06:18 AM
Try getting charged $170.00 for shipping/packing from Grey Flannel. I won a framed jersey in this past auction and got my invoice which included a shipping charge for $50.00 and a packing charge of $120.00...

i would contact gfc and point them to the section of their faq that states:

"Therefore, on certain lots, there will be a shipping charge that includes a packing fee as well as the FedEx charge. The packing fee is set by our outside vendor, so you pay us what we pay him. For example, if you buy a lot of three large framed pieces, the packing fee will be approximately $125 plus the FedEx charge of approximately $50."

ask them why your single framed item costs more to ship than "three large framed pieces". tell them that when you considered bidding on your item you budgeted for shipping based on their written approximation, not three times their written approximation...

Ozric
05-01-2009, 07:19 AM
i would contact gfc and point them to the section of their faq that states:

"Therefore, on certain lots, there will be a shipping charge that includes a packing fee as well as the FedEx charge. The packing fee is set by our outside vendor, so you pay us what we pay him. For example, if you buy a lot of three large framed pieces, the packing fee will be approximately $125 plus the FedEx charge of approximately $50."

ask them why your single framed item costs more to ship than "three large framed pieces". tell them that when you considered bidding on your item you budgeted for shipping based on their written approximation, not three times their written approximation...

Hey Robert, thanks for the note. That's exactly what I did. I read that prior to bidding and estimated a much more fair shipping charge. I'll let you know what they say when/if they respond. Funny, but I did end up getting a Shea locker from Meigrey and the freight charge for them to deliver it to my home on two pallets via a tractor was only a few bucks more than GF's $170.00.

TAFKADixie
05-01-2009, 05:10 PM
I don't know why I thought the jersey would be shipped FedEx just because the invoice said so and the shipping charge was $20. I got my shipment notice today and it clearly states PRIORITY MAIL. Boy has the USPS gone up! I guess I should just be thankful it has "shipped".

earlywynnfan
05-01-2009, 06:04 PM
$21.00 for a pair of cleats. Said to be coming FedEx, showed up Priority (USPS).

Just another batch of BS they are notorious for.

I'd be willing to bet that they 'mysteriously' never received your payment and you have to pester them for 2 weeks.

God, the stories I could go into about my times with AMI.

Good luck my man, and hopefully they will come through - Even though it is a complete rip-off.

So wait... All this crabbing about them and you still bought something??

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

TAFKADixie
05-01-2009, 08:09 PM

Ken

Obviously that was in the past as it said SHOWED up Priority. I think he was just relating a high shipping price he was also charged in a previous transaction.

TriplexXxSports
05-01-2009, 08:30 PM

Ken

Long time ago!