PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod-Selena Roberts Book

yanks12025
04-30-2009, 05:17 AM
Well according to ESPN in the book about A-Rod by Selena Roberts, it says he may have taken steroids in high school. And they also said in the book that A-Rod and Kevin Brown took steroids in 2004, with scources from two yankees. I was going to defend him but if this stuff is true forget him. Do you think these rumors could affect his game used prices more.

3arod13
04-30-2009, 06:19 AM
Report: Book says A-Rod may have juiced in H.S.

NEW YORK (AP)—Alex Rodriguez (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5275/;_ylt=ArRuede5QrY1yN5YFj9.0vCpu7YF)http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/fn/default/full/p_note.gif (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5275/news;_ylt=AvLw6G1sVWpYcBoH2mH4klSpu7YF) may have been using steroids when he was a highly touted high school player and was suspected of using performance-enhancers while playing for the New York Yankees (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/nyy/;_ylt=AsqbgzyhqKRZXjKBsVEtpCCpu7YF), according to a soon-to-be-released book.

The Daily News reported in Thursday’s edition that Sports Illustrated writer Selena Roberts’ upcoming book “A-Rod” offers an unflattering portrait of the MVP slugger as a needy personality who wanted his ego stroked constantly.

The paper doesn’t say how it obtained a copy of the Harper Collins book, scheduled to be released on May 12.

A high school teammate of A-Rod’s told Roberts that the future No. 1 draft pick was on steroids as a prep player and his coach knew it—an allegation the coach, Rich Hoffman, denied.

Rodriguez has admitted to using performance-enhancers while with the Texas Rangers (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/tex/) but insists he gave up the habit when he was traded to the Yankees in 2004.

In the book, however, an unnamed major leaguer is quoted as saying A-Rod and former Yankees pitcher Kevin Brown, who was named in the Mitchell Report, were seen together with human growth hormone—or HGH—in 2004.

The book also goes on to say that two anonymous Yankees said they believed A-Rod was using banned substances based on visual side effects, and that a clubhouse staffer said management had a suspicion that that the third baseman may have been juicing.

quiggle28
04-30-2009, 06:28 AM
this part of the book stood out most for me:

"He was even hated at Hooters, where he tipped the minimum 15%, the book says."

3arod13
04-30-2009, 07:54 AM
this part of the book stood out most for me:

"He was even hated at Hooters, where he tipped the minimum 15%, the book says."

The one consistent thing I've heard about arod over the years is that he is greedy.

cjclong
04-30-2009, 08:07 AM
In my posts I've been tough on major league players for being overpaid, and I do think players like ARod are vastly overpaid, but to attack someone FOR leaving a 15% tip is crap. To criticize if he didn't tip that would be one thing but FOR tipping 15%, give me a break. Why not complain that he didn't pay $1,000 for a hamburger. Geeez. If that is what is in this book it sounds like a hit job.

ironmanfan
04-30-2009, 08:10 AM
Guys....I think the Hooters tipping comment was made in jest

suave1477
04-30-2009, 08:13 AM
Hooters food isnt that great anyway lol lol:D

3arod13
04-30-2009, 09:15 AM
In my posts I've been tough on major league players for being overpaid, and I do think players like ARod are vastly overpaid, but to attack someone FOR leaving a 15% tip is crap. To criticize if he didn't tip that would be one thing but FOR tipping 15%, give me a break. Why not complain that he didn't pay $1,000 for a hamburger. Geeez. If that is what is in this book it sounds like a hit job.

I think many famous people tip much better than us common folk, because they make so much. Maybe it's just expected.

hblakewolf
04-30-2009, 09:35 AM
A good friend of mine is employed in the front office of the Seattle Mariners. This person has worked there since 1987. He's told me countless stories about A-Roid that leave me shaking my head. Everything from being late to a pre-game "meet and great" for disabled children (where he showed up 90 minutes late and refused to meet the kids) to refusing to attaend local charites that are supported by the M's. Likewise, he said that it was well known within the organization that the other Mariner's hated him when he was there. They felt that everything he did was staged for the cameras and every move was well calculated to get him in front of the camera as much as possible.

Add to the fact that he sells every possible piece of equipment he can get his hands on (jocks, shower flip flops, etc.) and it leaves many in the hobby shaking their heads as well.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

cjclong
04-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Was the Hooter's tipping comment in the book or not? If it wasn't it should not have been presented as if it was, especially since the book hasn't circulated yet. I've objected to athletes making excessive amounts of money , but I don't see any reason for a person to overpay or over tip just because they are wealthy. Is a wealthy person who tips 15% and gives a lot of money to charity a bad guy, I don't see that. (I'm not saying ARod does, I don't know) When I go to restaurants and I have young people serving me who appear to be trying to get through school by working I frequently try to leave them something extra. But I don't think anyone would have the right to be mad if I didn't. But I'll leave this as we've gotten pretty far off topic.

quiggle28
04-30-2009, 10:18 AM
yes it is in the book as well.

how much does this book affect his consideration for the Hall of Fame, if any?

cjclong
04-30-2009, 11:12 AM
Some of it will depend on whether the book has credibility or not. Is it balanced or is it just collecting every negative comment the writer can find like the he wouldn't tip more than 15% crap. As I understand it Canseco makes it appear ARod started using PED's after he got to the majors. That would make it appear the allegations of drug use in high school aren't true. If he and the coach deny it and it rests on some player back then what is the player's credibility? I won't prejudge the book, but I will be interested to see whether it is one of those books where the writer assembles every negative thing they can find about a person whether the source is credible or not in order to sell a hit job book.

quiggle28
04-30-2009, 11:21 AM
have any of you gotten the chance to read Jeff Pearlman's The Rocket That Fell to Earth?

joelsabi
04-30-2009, 11:58 AM
yes it is in the book as well.

how much does this book affect his consideration for the Hall of Fame, if any?

have you read the book or is your info from news article on the web?

joelsabi
04-30-2009, 12:01 PM
Well according to ESPN in the book about A-Rod by Selena Roberts, it says he may have taken steroids in high school. And they also said in the book that A-Rod and Kevin Brown took steroids in 2004, with scources from two yankees. I was going to defend him but if this stuff is true forget him. Do you think these rumors could affect his game used prices more.

in regard to high school steroids, a-rod said this awhile back

"When I was a junior in high school I bench pressed 310 pounds. Today I probably bench press about 240 or 250. You know, funny enough I did it because I played football and I played quarterback and the big challenge was if you bench press 300 pounds, you get to get this letterman jacket with white sleeves. I got up to 300 pounds, I got up to 310 pounds bench press and some of the guys know me because I played with some of these guys and they will attest to that."

quiggle28
04-30-2009, 12:35 PM
have you read the book or is your info from news article on the web?

news articles from the web, do you not take their word for it?

David
04-30-2009, 12:50 PM
If Hooters' or any others servers publicly comment on how much their patrons tip, they deserve 0% tip.

cjclong
04-30-2009, 01:11 PM
And the 300 pound bench press proves what? When I was a junior in college a number of years back I bench pressed 265. I guarantee all I trained on was protein and vitamins. If I could do 265 with my lack of athletic ability and size compared to ARod's I guarantee he could have easily done over 300 in high school without drugs.

David
04-30-2009, 02:39 PM
I heard high school steroid usage makes it difficult to calculate higher than 15% later in life.

David
04-30-2009, 02:45 PM
I think A-Rod should go on television with Katie Couric and deny these new reports.

David
04-30-2009, 02:55 PM
Though, if accurate, the small bit about ARod tipping opposing batters of upcoming pitches, so they would do the same for him, is about as damning steroid use.

mr.miracle
04-30-2009, 03:27 PM
And the 300 pound bench press proves what? When I was a junior in college a number of years back I bench pressed 265. I guarantee all I trained on was protein and vitamins. If I could do 265 with my lack of athletic ability and size compared to ARod's I guarantee he could have easily done over 300 in high school without drugs.

According to additional reports on ESPN, it said that AROID went from benching 100 or so pounds between his Soph and Junior year to 300 in less than 6 months. I don't care who you are, you are not adding 150 - 200 pounds to your bench in 6 months unless you are on some serious juice. There is no way an average high school baseball player in 10th and 11th grade is benching over 300 pounds without loading up their ass full of something. I just don't buy that one for a second.

cjclong
04-30-2009, 03:38 PM
I agree that you don't normally make a 200 pound gain on the bench press in 6 months. The trouble is you don't make a 200 pound gain in 6 months if you are on steroids either. You don't make a 200 pound gain period. If he could that he would have been pressing 1,000 by the time he was an adult. These "reports" need to be checked out before they are accepted as truth.

yanks12025
04-30-2009, 03:42 PM
cjclong,
I agree with you that these reports need to be checked out. It's coming from one person saying A-rod took steroids in high school. And same with the yankees report one unknown person saying they seen Kevin and A-rod with HGH.

mr.miracle
04-30-2009, 03:47 PM
I agree that you don't normally make a 200 pound gain on the bench press in 6 months. The trouble is you don't make a 200 pound gain in 6 months if you are on steroids either. You don't make a 200 pound gain period. If he could that he would have been pressing 1,000 by the time he was an adult. These "reports" need to be checked out before they are accepted as truth.

In truth too, although I never benched close to 300 pounds, if he was only pushing up 100 pounds in 10th/11th grade, that is what the bar and two 25 pound plates. Not too impressive for a person of his physical size and specimen even when he was that young. Somebody somewhere is off but then again, this was what 20 plus years ago and somebody is certainly trying to sell some books and the more outrageous, the better it sounds.

cjclong
04-30-2009, 03:49 PM
You said the "average" 12th grader would not be pressing 300 pounds. Who ever said ARod was average. The average high school player doesn't wind up in the big leagues either. If I who have small to medium bone structure in my wrist and who used a very poor workout plan could bench 265 for one rep I have no doubt a high school player with ARods build could do 300. As I said, I agree that you couldn't gain 200 pounds on the bench press in 6 months without steroids, but you couldn't gain that much with them either. Sounds like someone is lying about how much ARod gained or he was lying about how much he gained to someone.

mr.miracle
04-30-2009, 04:39 PM
You said the "average" 12th grader would not be pressing 300 pounds. Who ever said ARod was average. The average high school player doesn't wind up in the big leagues either. If I who have small to medium bone structure in my wrist and who used a very poor workout plan could bench 265 for one rep I have no doubt a high school player with ARods build could do 300. As I said, I agree that you couldn't gain 200 pounds on the bench press in 6 months without steroids, but you couldn't gain that much with them either. Sounds like someone is lying about how much ARod gained or he was lying about how much he gained to someone.

Who knows this whole thing is stupidity. Sports reporting is becoming a national tabloid especially when it comes to the biggest name athletes. That being said, players need to use common sense. If you are making the kind of money that these guys do, there is something to be said about how you conduct yourself in public. There will no doubt be a reporter hiding behind every tree. That is the price to be paid for fame and fortune. I know that high school football players could do a 300 pound bench but something strikes me as odd that a high school baseball player could normally do so. I must admit, you are pretty amazing to be pushing up that much iron. I could probably do 5 reps at 175 pounds at that age if I was lucky and I am 6'4 and weigh 235 pounds. At that age I was 6'1 and probably 180. If you were pushing 245 that is very impressive as my good friend who is somewhat of a workout fanatic was only doing 210 back in high school and he is or was a big time weight guy.

yanks12025
04-30-2009, 05:03 PM
mr.miracle,
You know a-rod was also a good football player in high school and college.

Bondsgloves
04-30-2009, 05:26 PM
If he was found to be tipping pitches to opponents, he's done. This is the ultimate insult to the game and teammates. If you think steroids were bad for the game, this is really bad. I'm sure MLB will do whatever they can to cover this up if its true.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/baseball/mlb/04/30/roberts.qa/index.html?eref=T1

kellsox
04-30-2009, 05:28 PM
mr.miracle,
You know a-rod was also a good football player in high school and college.
Arod could not have been a good football(or baseball) player in college- he never went

schubert1970
04-30-2009, 09:30 PM
Too bad no one has the ballz to make themselves public with these accusations....it's baseball not a wategate investigation, what the hell are they afraid of.

metsbats
04-30-2009, 09:58 PM
Hooters food isnt that great anyway lol lol:D

They serve food at Hooters?:eek:

suicide_squeeze
04-30-2009, 11:01 PM
I don't claim to be an A-Rod fan, but as a collector of game used items from baseball, and particularly the 500 home run club members, I do have a few of A-Rods game used pieces.

That said, I'll tell you all how I feel.

I think A-Rod better drop his "pretty-boy" b.s. forthright, and get his nose to the grindstone NOW. He better focus on making himself REAL.....not this freakshow he has become. He had better get back to his roots but QUICK, focusing on becoming a good teammate and great baseball player.

He better just stick his game-used "stuff" in a vault somewhere, and immediately fire all of his "marketing" staff. Pick it back up after retirement. For Christ's sake, he has all the money in the world. Do you really need to f&%k around with THAT now Alex?? Your reputation is crumbling, Romeo.

GET those idiots on ebay, MVPmarketingmanagement, to unlist your 520th home run bat for the last 4 months for $14,999.00, Alex. You are starting to smell.....

In another year or two, if he continues to prime reporters with all of his self-demonstrated talk-show gossip news about his personal life, dating preferences, steroid use, lack of clutch play, no world championships.......I mean it's passed "circus" 1,000 miles back, and it's heading for straight disgraceful trashy "Jerry Springer" episodes.

A-Rod better snap out of all of this Madonna-latent crap, and get back to what he is supposed to be all about.....being a baseball player.

He made a wrong turn a long time ago....and he's lost in a town he's not familiar with. No, not New York...."Hollywood". Lose the drama now.

Crapping down the throat of the game that has given him everything he has in life.....is not a way to find the promised land (the Hall). I don't care if you end up with 850 homers.....if you continue down this road, your followers, memorabilia, reputation, and life will end up in the same black hole.....and all that money won't make a bit of difference.

I will hang on to the few A-Rod pieces I have....but only in the hopes he salvages his seriously damaged reputation. And from the looks of things, he's going to pass Barry Bonds in more than just the all-time home runs category.

He'll pass him up as the biggest a-hole to ever play the game.

David
04-30-2009, 11:51 PM
I think stars were allowed to get away with things since they were kids because they were star athletes, and when they are eventually called out they have no idea how to react.

quiggle28
05-01-2009, 07:11 AM
"Alex Rodriguez (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Alex+Rodriguez) was an insecure prima donna who made a clubhouse attendant load his toothbrush with toothpaste after every game in his three seasons with the Texas Rangers (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Texas+Rangers), a new book charges.

The Rangers were also required to send a basket of food to the controversial All-Star's hotel suite during road trips, Sports Illustrated (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Sports+Illustrated) columnist Selena Roberts (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Selena+Roberts) reports in "A-Rod."

During a series in Texas, Roberts writes, A-Rod went to a sex club while his wife, Cynthia, pregnant with their first child, was at home in New York.
Rodriguez also turned off teammates by bragging about wild nights with strippers - and by making clumsy passes at other players' wives and girlfriends.

Roberts also details Rodriguez's obsession with teammate Derek Jeter (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Derek+Jeter). Players who accompanied A-Rod to clubs said his favorite pickup line was "Who's hotter, me or Derek Jeter?"

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2009/05/01/2009-05-01_arod_book_says_hes_insecure_prima_donna.html

cjclong
05-01-2009, 08:02 AM
ARod has become one of those people about whom any accusation will be believed whether it is true of not. I haven't seen the book and thus cannot judge its validity. Michael Young says the reports that ARod was tipping pitches while Young was playing along side him at second base with the Rangers are "ridiculous." On something like that I would go along with a guy like Young. I think Suicide Squeeze has it right. The guy needs to get back to being nothing but a baseball player. The press is tracking him now and fairly or not they are going to report anything they can. Has there been any checking of ANY other player as to whether they used PED's BEFORE they got to the pros.

quiggle28
05-01-2009, 08:10 AM
yes, it's a shame that the good things he's done aren't really acknowledged. I hope this Selena Robbins book also mentions how he one time saved a child from getting struck by a vehicle.

3arod13
05-01-2009, 08:42 AM
What I believe...what it looks like...what I heard....what I think, doesn't do it for me.

I also can't stand when people make accussations against others, and hide. If you have something to say about someone, then put your name on it. I didn't care what Jose Canseco did, but much of it was true and he also put his name on it.

Why people are able to write books, many times without facts, and able to write them without disclosing their sources, is ridiculous! These type books do a lot of damage to those indivduals who they are written about.

I can tell you, as a former Legal Officer, there were many accussations made against individuals, which later turned out to be untrue. Unfortunatley, it was still in peoples minds, so the damage was still done.

Regards, Tony

David
05-01-2009, 01:21 PM
A common sense question is, why would ARod says "no comment" to the newest accusations if they were patently false? If someone asked you if you used steroids and you didn't, wouldn't your response be "No" or "Hell no" or "That's a bullshit lie" or something else to the negative?

suave1477
05-01-2009, 01:32 PM
They serve food at Hooters?:eek:

So I've heard!! I don't frequent those types of establishments lol lol. I went in there once just to admire the interior decor of the place lmaooo:D :rolleyes:

David
05-01-2009, 01:39 PM
If your boss approached you and asked if you've been embezzling company funds (and you haven't) are you going to respond by saying, "No, of course not" or "Hmm. I don't think I'm going to answer that question"? If you give the latter answer, do you think the boss is going to think "He must not have done it"?

If your neighbor asks if you've been stealing her underwear from her clothes line (and you haven't) are you going to respond "What are you talking about? That's ridiculous. Of course not" or are you going to response "No comment." If you say, "No comment" what do you think the perception of your neighbor?

It makes no common sense that you would respond to the above questions, plus false accusations of steroid negative use, in anything but the negative.

cjclong
05-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Normally when a person is accused of something and doesn't deny it we believe it is an admission of guilt. The only exception I can think of is that ARod might simply feel that if he talks about the book at all he will be asked about everything in it over and over. Suppose he didn't use PED in High
school and denies it. Then he is asked something about strippers and says I don't want to talk about it. People would then say he denied the drug use but not the strippers. He probably can't say nothing in the book is true, because some things probably are, but if he denies one thing it won't stop until he has admitted or denied everything. And if he does deny something how many people will believe him anyway so just say "no comment" and wait for it to blow over and think the less publicity you give it the quicker it will pass.

joelsabi
05-01-2009, 03:45 PM
GET those idiots on ebay, MVPmarketingmanagement, to unlist your 520th home run bat for the last 4 months for $14,999.00, Alex. You are starting to smell.....

Was this necessary? Have you dealt with them? MVPmarketingmanagement happens to be the best source for ARod item at this part of Arod career. Mario and his team are very professional and are willing to negotiate.

When you make statements like this, much of what you say goes out one ear and out the other. I lose interest in the rest you have to say.

I enjoy ready what you says but half the time i cant even complete you messages.

quiggle28
05-01-2009, 04:02 PM
ARod seems to be the type who loves the attention, whether it is positive or negative. How often have you ever seen someone on both the front and back covers of local newspapers for the same day?

David
05-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Athletes like Terrell Owens want attention. Whether it's good or bad attention doesn't matter to them, so long as it's attention. What other explanation is there for Owens to act like a total imbecile all the time. The time he was doing his sit ups in his front yard for the television cameras was the most childish thing from an adult I'd seen. I'm sure most of the cameramen and reporters present were laughing to themselves as what an idiot Owens was being. But, to Terrell, he was getting that precious attention.

David
05-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Some athletes, like Owens, mistake attention for respect. If people are looking at them and their pictures in the magazines, the think they are being respected. However, that people's eyes are drawn to car crash scenes and bloopers where people's pants fall down in public, says that eye contact often has very little do to with respect.

Nathan
05-01-2009, 08:36 PM
I don't claim to be an A-Rod fan, but as a collector of game used items from baseball, and particularly the 500 home run club members, I do have a few of A-Rods game used pieces.

That said, I'll tell you all how I feel.

I think A-Rod better drop his "pretty-boy" b.s. forthright, and get his nose to the grindstone NOW. He better focus on making himself REAL.....not this freakshow he has become. He had better get back to his roots but QUICK, focusing on becoming a good teammate and great baseball player.

Alex Rodriguez needs to focus on becoming a great baseball player? Well, we're talking one of the top-50 at any position in history and probably top-30; moving up higher will be an issue of sustaining what he's done to this point, not exceeding what he's already shown the ability to do.

He better just stick his game-used "stuff" in a vault somewhere, and immediately fire all of his "marketing" staff. Pick it back up after retirement. For Christ's sake, he has all the money in the world. Do you really need to f&%k around with THAT now Alex?? Your reputation is crumbling, Romeo.

Is Alex Rodriguez the only player to sell his own stuff? Of course not. So is the difference in perception simply the size of his contract?

Winston Churchill once asked a woman at a party if she would sleep with him for a million dollars, to which she responded in the affirmative. He then asked if she would for ten dollars, to which she snarled something like "Do I look like a filthy harlot?" Churchill responded, "Oh, we've already established that. Now we're simply haggling over the price."

In another year or two, if he continues to prime reporters with all of his self-demonstrated talk-show gossip news about his personal life, dating preferences, steroid use, lack of clutch play, no world championships.......I mean it's passed "circus" 1,000 miles back, and it's heading for straight disgraceful trashy "Jerry Springer" episodes.

Personal life? Dating preferences? THIS is baseball news?

A-Rod better snap out of all of this Madonna-latent crap, and get back to what he is supposed to be all about.....being a baseball player.

He made a wrong turn a long time ago....and he's lost in a town he's not familiar with. No, not New York...."Hollywood". Lose the drama now.

So he's walking red carpets, calling press conferences over nothing, and stuff like that?

Crapping down the throat of the game that has given him everything he has in life.....is not a way to find the promised land (the Hall). I don't care if you end up with 850 homers.....if you continue down this road, your followers, memorabilia, reputation, and life will end up in the same black hole.....and all that money won't make a bit of difference.

Which would be a shame.

I will hang on to the few A-Rod pieces I have....but only in the hopes he salvages his seriously damaged reputation. And from the looks of things, he's going to pass Barry Bonds in more than just the all-time home runs category.

He'll pass him up as the biggest a-hole to ever play the game.

This is what I don't get. Barry Bonds is pretty much universally regarded as a major prick for a variety of reasons, the most noteworthy being that he was incredibly combative with the media, with teammates, and especially with fans.

If Alex Rodriguez performed at his level of performance in the relative anonymity of Kansas City or Pittsburgh or simply had a "normal" contract, would any of this be news? Would all sorts of stuff related to his personal life be splashed all over ESPN and various tabloids that masquerade as newspapers?

Baseball is full of players who are dirtbags. There are a ton who are married and yet have a girlfriend in every road city. There are an awful lot who have kids with their wife and a kid (or six) with other women. There are a lot who spend an inordinate amount of time at strip clubs, in casinos, or associating with shady characters. There are a lot who show up hung over to the point of still being intoxicated. And yet we never hear about any of this?

Does this excuse what Rodriguez does or doesn't do in his personal time? I don't think so. We're not talking about someone who pulls a Brett Favre and goes out of his way to be the center of attention at all times; the only exception was the voiding of the contract during the World Series (by Scott Boras, announced by Scott Boras, and something that resulted in the termination of Scott Boras by Rodriguez).

The fact is that Rodriguez is the center of attention because the media won't leave him alone. He's the only one whose every move is scrutinized not just during the season, but during the offseason. I believe he's held to a grossly unequal standard that no one else in baseball or in any sport could approach. Remember the response to his name being among those 103 or 104 who tested positive during the trial run? The question was asked how his name was discovered, and the response was, "We went looking for it." No one went looking for anyone else, no one reported anyone else, just Rodriguez.

The whole thing is absolutely pathetic, but I believe it's a more damning indictment on the sport media than it is on Rodriguez.

3arod13
05-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Was this necessary? Have you dealt with them? MVPmarketingmanagement happens to be the best source for ARod item at this part of Arod career. Mario and his team are very professional and are willing to negotiate.

When you make statements like this, much of what you say goes out one ear and out the other. I lose interest in the rest you have to say.

I enjoy ready what you says but half the time i cant even complete you messages.

I'll second that! Mario at MVPMarketingmanagement is a class act! He is one that I trust over anyone else. He ensures everything sold is legit, and provides great customer service!