PDA

View Full Version : Crazy experience today.

Masimen
04-28-2009, 05:31 PM
I want to start by saying that in no way is this a negative post about Grey Flannel. We had a bit of confusion and got it cleared up quickly.

Last night I filled out a registration form for their auction and this morning I received a rejection notice.This was odd to me as I have never dealt with GFC before nor had any bad experiences with previous auctions or auction houses. I have been very lucky in this hobby and just about all of my transactions have gone smoothly. In the notice there was a number to call if I wanted to discuss. I called and left a message and then later sent an email trying to see what the issue was. I later received an email stating that the company wanted no part in ever doing business with me again. Now I was really confused. I sent back a very nice email telling them that I had never done business with them in past and never had any issue with anyone else in this hobby. I asked if they could please call me so we could discuss. About 10 minutes later a very nice lady named Debbie called me and asked if I had ever done biz with them before. To make along story short, turns out there is a guy with almost exactly the same name as me (off by 1 letter and not a very common name) who apparently likes to bid on items and not pay and apparently makes a pest of himself on a regular basis. Debbie did a little homework on me and we quickly got it resolved

I would like to thank Debbie at Grey Flannel for helping get to the bottom of things in a timely manner and John Taube for vouching for me.

I would also like everyone to know that if I ever bid on your auction and didn't pay, it wasn't me!:)