PDA

View Full Version : I'm flying to Boston - where to stay near Fenway?

Tay1038
04-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Hello,

Hopefully a friendly forum member can help me out.

I'm flying out to Boston with some friends near the end of July to check out the Red Sox and to see what Boston, MA has to offer. We are planning on going to a game but would like to check out the city downtown for nightlife activities and Bar fun! Where would you recommend staying? The majority of us are college students so not looking to stay in high end hotels, just something reasonable and near Fenway and fun activities.

We are probably planning on taking taxi's the whole time unless they have a subway or some other kind of transportation. I'm thinking a hotel in the middle or near downtown would be better.

Can anyone recommend a hotel thats within reason? How about some Bar's near the ballpark/downtown to check out? How long of a drive is it from Fenway to downtown?

Thanks for your help in advance!

aylor

Neely8
04-27-2009, 10:31 PM
I'm pretty sure it was Holiday Inn I stayed at once that was right next to Fenway.

cordovacollector
04-27-2009, 10:36 PM
Some good info in this thread:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=25118&highlight=fenway

Neely8
04-27-2009, 10:37 PM
If you are into history at all I also suggest checking out as much of the Freedom Trail as possible. There are some very cool things to see on it. I go to Boston at least a couple of times a year and always take the T (what they call their subway) to get around because driving and parking is a nightmare in Boston. A lot of things are within walking distance though once you get downtown. There are great restaurants and bars all over the city as well. Don't bother with Cheers. All it is is a tourist trap. Grab a few maps and you'll be all set.

Tay1038
04-28-2009, 12:57 AM
Thanks guys for all the great info. I should be able to work out a pretty sweet trip!

Thanks again,
Taylor